Latendresse Scratched

JMMR

CKAC said Gui will not play Saturday afternoon.

It is no knock on the kid he has worked hard all season but he is struggling big time right now. I am sure this is the correct decision.

He is 19 and any mistakes he makes really do not concern me, what concerns me is that the effort is there and it is but he needs a rest.

He took a couple of bad penalties last night against Nashville, and was dropped from the first line in favour or Perezhogin, who scored an important goal while on the first line. The key is how he'll take it.

It's a good message, that says " There are lots of kids here who wanna work hard....you have not earned a permanent spot yet". This will give him a real kick in the ass

I agree he is tired, but who isnt. His play has been lacking, and he may be taking his presence on the team for granted a bit.

He needs to respond and I think he will....

I've been to four Canadiens games this season....

And I watch warm-up for each and every one of them

At the start of the season, Guillaume couldn't hit the net...It's like he was still shocked that he was on the biggest stage of them all, the NHL. Second game, Still missing the net, lots of jitters..Last guy to get off the ice because he knew he needed the practice...Third game...Much more developed and was hitting the net a lot more. Fourth game, he was potting about 80% of his shots. Its interesting how much observing a warm-up can tell you so much about a player. I'm sure by next season, Guillaume will have 40 Points to his name. With regards to this decision, he's young, he's already demonstrating his talent, but a few games in the pressbox will bring him back to reality and hopefully wake him up from his drought.

Good decision to sit him out. It's been clear for awhile that the kid is gassed/pooped. First exposure to the rigors of the long NHL schedule.

Someone the other day metioned he's skating like he's got a piano hooked to his arse. That's about right.

He took a couple of bad penalties last night against Nashville, and was dropped from the first line in favour or Perezhogin, who scored an important goal while on the first line. The key is how he'll take it.

Nashville, and, to a certain extent, the Isles are faster teams........not Gui's strong suit......I'd like to see him back in the lineup against the bigger slower Leafs on Monday

The kid missed only a game all season, he's 19 years old... Rarely I would see a 19 years old Rookie playing a full season, give him a break, he's gonna think over what he did, and I'm sure he'll have a good next game...

What ever happened to this guy Latendresse? I thought the Habs kept him up from the minors.

Apparently you haven't been following the Habs, given that he's played in every single game this season. Today's game against the Islanders is scheduled to be his first game this year not in the lineup.

It's a good decision and it's for Latendresse (and the Habs') best. Lats developed quite well over the course of the season, to the point of sometimes being one of the few who were giving a constant and interested effort. The points might not have always matched the effort, but the kid's 11th on the team in scoring and other forwards have underachieved much more than Lats did.

Being just 19 in his first Pro AND NHL season, it's normal that the kid hits a wall, just because of the much higher physical and mental strain the NHL beat can be compared to the AHL or juniors. In this case, the scratch is almost a needed break.

It'll do Lats good to step away from the game and watch how things look from a distant eye.