Kovy Interview

jl.roberts

Sounds like he can't wait to be here, just an awesome deal for us.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=3588

"It’s exciting to play that first home game,” said the newly-acquired forward before a mass of media on Wednesday. “The atmosphere is unbelievable in this locker room. Guys are really cool to one another and that’s why the team has won what, seven of the last eight? I’m pretty excited to be here.”

"I told him just to play his game and not to worry about me. The most important thing for me is when everyone on the line competes and plays hard – that’s when the line will be successful. That’s what everyone on this team does.”

"I was watching TV and looking for a movie and hockey was on every channel,” he said. “It’s pretty nice because the fans here know the players and the team a lot better, whereas in the U.S. the focus is mostly on baseball or football. This is a hockey town and I’m proud to be a part of it."

“I’ve always been a great player under pressure, so the more pressure you put on me, the better I play,” he said with a shrug.''

"Some of the guys are saying he’s smiling more since I came here, and that’s great to hear,” he said of Markov. “Maybe that’s it – sometimes you get help not from being taught more, but just by relaxing, forgetting about hockey and thinking about something else. Maybe that’s what I can do for him."

“Koivu on one side and Kovalev on the other,” said Darren Langdon with a grin, contemplating his locker position and the large groups of media likely to gather on either side of it. “I’m out of luck.”

[Edited on 2004/3/10 by jl.roberts]

The 31-year-old native Togliatti, Russia, was without question the star attraction at the Canadiens’ practice on Wednesday, drawing countless microphones and cameras to his locker following a highly-scrutinized session in which he played alongside center Mike Ribeiro and winger Michael Ryder.

Playing with ribs and Ryder.....interesting.

The article went on to say that they will try using Kovalev in different scenarios.

But I think I like the Ryder - Ribiero - Kovalev line.

:ghg: