RIVET TO SJ

JMMR

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't watch HNIC simply for the fact they employ Cherry, Cole etc... and everything is about the Leafs....I'll keep watching RDS to get my hockey fix. And did they mention this deal? Or were they (like every other website/blog) just throwing out some obvious names of UFA's etc..

My point was Bob just goes about the business of being the GM, we rarely hear and real/credible rumors;

RDS talked about both Souray and Rivet both going to San Jose.

Samsonov was on waivers a week ago, Higgins is a converted centre who has trouble staying healthy, and Latendresse is a natural right winger playing out of position because there is no one else available. Not to mention that Lats was a healthy scratch last game.

Edited by bobby

Samsonov was on waivers a week ago, Higgins is a converted centre who has trouble staying healthy, and Latendresse is a natural right winger playing out of position because there is no one else available. Not to mention that Lats was a healthy scratch last game.

Higgins is not a centre... He hasn't played centre since Junior/College/Whatever.

Edited by fromage

I had this in another post. Makes more sense here. To make things even more weird when I came back to the front page of this website what two mugs are staring at me?

Rivet and Kovalev.

Crazy Stuff.

Earlier today I went on a big rant and then just erased my post because I thought it was useless. It was about Rivet and Kovalev's fishy injuries. I thought Rivet's situation was really strange .......and Kovalevs is pretty dumb too. Sore elbow? Come on ...he is our best player.(or one of them) What?, when? , where?, how? did he hurt this elbow.

I felt they were leaves of absence due to their poor play and mostly attitudes that needed rest and adjusting. Much like Breeze-by when he decided to vacation in Paris and got killed by the media.

Anyway...I come back to the boards and Rivet is gone..........

I'm surprised, mostly with all the talk about Souray and other players. Maby Bob will surprise us with a Kovalev trade since he was in the dog house/elbow injury/attitude vacation mode much like Rivet....

Who knows? I wonder how Saku feels? They were really good friends. He won't be happy, I hope it doesn't affect his play.

With 2 first round and hopefully a third from Souray moving, the should be able to trade 2 for 1 and move up to get a top center, Espisito maybe.

Espo has actually droped a lot in pre rankings for the draft. Many believe he will not crack the top 10.

Great. So I guess now there's a built in excuse to suck tomorrow night against the leafs. Look for Koivu to be completely lost, mourning the trade of his buddy.

Koivu better not freaking bitch and use the excuse that the team is not doing well cause the team lost Rivet.

Wow this opens up some possibilities! I guess since Rivet was frequently praised for his leadership, and the team's recent performance suggested a lack of leadership, so he was the one to go -- could his best buddy Koivu be next? Unlikely for sure, but the Habs are a business not a family as we sometimes like to believe. Have to make the moves that will bring us success. I hope Saku stays, and can bring the team together now and press on, go Saku Go Habs.

So long Craig and good luck!

What!!!!!!!! were giving up????? This is stupif he has scored 1 goal in his whole life

Who's giving up?

One can't help but be bummed about the longest serving player on the team being traded. A change is good I suppose for Montral and Rivet. Any way you turn it, it's still a bummer. I'm actually happy and look forward to the future. Rivet turned out to bring back more of a return than I ever thought he would.

Mostly I worry about Saku. They've been best friends a long time.Professional or not this will affect him in a lot of ways. He's human. Hopefully in a good way.(On the ice at least)

It is not as surprising since there is a lack of right D in the league right now, Gorges was their only right handed defenseman.

Don't need to say i will not miss Rivet, i never liked him and he will be in good company with Thornton, Hannan, Mclaren. All guys with a similar attitude.

So we get a cheap right D with Gorges that can back up on the right side, at this kind of money it is a good fit.

And of course the first round draft pick!! 1 st round for Rivet!!

The market is crazy, see Atlanta i just hope they don't make the playoffs.

What!!!!!!!! were giving up????? This is stupif he has scored 1 goal in his whole life

LMAO! he's a rooki-ish Dman... Markov didn't start to score consistently before his 3rd-4th season... and regardless of that, I'm not sure the guy is an offensive dman... remains to be seen how he plays, but I think he's just more of a fast stay at home guy...

Koivu better not freaking bitch and use the excuse that the team is not doing well cause the team lost Rivet.

:rolleyes: since when does Koivu do such types of tantrum??? are you on crack?

Wow. I don't know much about Gorges but no matter how useless he is, that's an incredible trade. Also, remember that Rivet will probably try and come back here next season?

I wonder what Souray can get us on the open market, now.

Wow, I still can't get over this. Phoenix just got embarassed for getting a similar deal for Nagy.

It is not as surprising since there is a lack of right D in the league right now, Gorges was their only right handed defenseman.

Don't need to say i will not miss Rivet, i never liked him and he will be in good company with Thornton, Hannan, Mclaren. All guys with a similar attitude.

So we get a cheap right D with Gorges that can back up on the right side, at this kind of money it is a good fit.

And of course the first round draft pick!! 1 st round for Rivet!!

The market is crazy, see Atlanta i just hope they don't make the playoffs.

where did you read that he was a righty? Tsn has him as a lefty.

WOW!

If anyone would have told me Rivet for a 1st round pick, I'd have asked what colour the sky was in their dream world!

Now (just looked outside at the sky...) to see they have done just that, and added a young D-man, who although lacks ofensively, seems to be a reliable stay-at-home type of defenceman, who blocks shots, and has room to grow...WOW!

Great one BOB!...very impressive...very eager to see your next move(s)

P.S.- Are we making salary room for a reason? (ie:signing a certain D-man in the off-season?)

Is it just me or does Bob never make trades unless he rips the other guy off? Hard to believe he's still so respected around the league. :P

Is it just me or does Bob never make trades unless he rips the other guy off? Hard to believe he's still so respected around the league. :P

the other gms are supposed to lose respect for gainey because he's competent???

good move and likely the only one gainey makes. this won't hurt their playoff push (cough) so gainey keeps the press and fans onside. the first rounder will come in handy this summer. would have been nice to see him swing a deal for souray, but at lease we get to cheer for him for a few more games.