RIVET TO SJ

JMMR

I have a feeling rivet's gonna be back next year.. he'll take a pay cut to come home.

As I said 2 posts above you, Rivet has confirmed that he isn't coming back next year.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent trade to aquire a 1st round pick, Gorges will be forgotten in a few years. Most likely a career minor leaguer. Rivet probably wasn't going to resign next year, and lets face it, he was too slow for todays NHL. He'll do alright in San Jose as a 6th dman, but thats it. He was a 3rd round pick and gave Montreal 10+ good years. Now we've turned him into a 1st round pick. Thats how good hockey teams run their business.

Now if we can only get rid of Sheldon Souray, the youth movement will begin

An excellent trade to aquire a 1st round pick, Gorges will be forgotten in a few years. Most likely a career minor leaguer. Rivet probably wasn't going to resign next year, and lets face it, he was too slow for todays NHL. He'll do alright in San Jose as a 6th dman, but thats it. He was a 3rd round pick and gave Montreal 10+ good years. Now we've turned him into a 1st round pick. Thats how good hockey teams run their business.

Now if we can only get rid of Sheldon Souray, the youth movement will begin

Great deal...and not to nit-pick a post BUT saying that trading Souray will let "the youth movement begin" is ridiculous. The Habs have had one of the best farm systems in the NHL for the past 3-4 YEARS. The youth movement began quite a while ago...how much younger can a team get? We have Latendresse, Higgins, Ryder, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Komisarek, Lapierre and we'll soon have Danis/Halak, Kostsytsin, Chipchura and possibly a couple others ready for some NHL minutes. That's almost half of our roster!

I also don't think Gorges will be a career minoe leager. The Habs D is awful, he will be better the Bouillon, Dandy and Souray will not resign. So there will be a spot for him on the roster. Plus he is 22.

My take is that he's a Weinrich.

Versatile guy, not very physical, not very offensive. Just reliable.

Gorges had more points in fewer games than Dion Phaneuf in his WHL career, so I think he has some offensive capability. He was a forward up to his first year in junior, I believe.

My take is that he's a Weinrich.

Versatile guy, not very physical, not very offensive. Just reliable.

Well for someone who prides himself on his defensive play he's made his fair share of blunders already. I need to see him play more but reliable isn't the word I'd use to describe him right now.

The way Gorges describes himself he DOES like to jump into the rush when he gets the opportunity but he usually plays safe and sticks to his own zone. He considers himself a stay-at-home defenceman. Most people who've seen him play for the Sharks say that he needs to bulk up to be able to become an NHL regular.

I'm really excited to see him play tonight. He is playing, isn't he?

• 9 months later...
I somehow miss Craig Rivet when I see videos like this ...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/39209

He always defended his teammates and was a great leader. But I see O'Byrne as the one filling his place on the team and I'm sure he can be even a better d-man than Rivet is.

Wow you must have a bunch of shittt on your hands after digging this one out.

Oh and by the way I now understand why you all call Lafleur a loser.........He's really digging deep into his new career now........He's starting to sound like Walmsley01 for Saku's sake.

:lol:

I'll be in my room burning my Rivet shrine if anyone needs me.

Wow you must have a bunch of shittt on your hands after digging this one out.

Oh and by the way I now understand why you all call Lafleur a loser.........He's really digging deep into his new career now........He's starting to sound like Walmsley01 for Saku's sake.

:lol:

I'll be in my room burning my Rivet shrine if anyone needs me.

Yeah, that is exactly what I said :wacko: