Florida @ Montreal (Gamethread)

danyjay

Well, we were in 6th place for about two minutes, anyway.

Yup, take the point, Leafs lost so let's get ready for Saturday!

Habs played a decent 3rd period. I guess they'll blame it on the fact it's a first home game after a long trip. Anyways, the 2 pts or 1 pt is not that important since we're likely assured to get on playoff..

The important is the attitude of the players, team spirit. Didn't like to see Koivu gives his 150% all night doing it all again, and getting rugged by bouwmeester.. and nobody went to him to talk to him. I'm not asking to sucker-punch him à-la-Bertuzzi, but still you don't let your key player getting rugged

Kovalev wasn't unbelievable. Made great plays. Still he's not miracle man. He was better with Ribs than with Koivu. However, Ryder couldn'T adjust to him.. missed few Kovy's pass.

I'm tired to see koivu plays his heart out.. while the others are not following. Maybe he's not a great leader? If he was, other players would follow his example.

BTW, had an idea.. put Koivu with Begin 1 time! Maybe 1 shift on PK instead of the Juneau-Saku duo. That could be pretty much explosive hehe. Begin has an impressive instinct.. still, he's not known to be a finisher

Originally posted by sakiqc

I'm tired to see koivu plays his heart out.. while the others are not following. Maybe he's not a great leader? If he was, other players would follow his example.

BTW, had an idea.. put Koivu with Begin 1 time! Maybe 1 shift on PK instead of the Juneau-Saku duo. That could be pretty much explosive hehe. Begin has an impressive instinct.. still, he's not known to be a finisher

Koivu is an excellent leader. The first step to effective leadership is doing what you say. He tells the team to work hard and he works hard every game.

It's our defensive part of the game right now. We have allowed WAY too many shots the past five games.

Begin is becoming my favorite player... hes so energetic. This one shift on the pk... he was flying into the zone and checked his man... then came all the way back to break up the play:/) The thing i dont get is that if everyone played with 110% we would be amazing, ok fine you can have some off days... but as long as your trying!

Begin is becoming my favorite player as well...I'm constantly waiting for his shift to roll around, just imagine if everyone on the team had his heart and intensity for the game.....

As for Kovalev, he was ok, it was nice to see the fans behind him and this will give him a boost!

I hope Julien keeps that line together, once they get use to each other i can definitely see them putting up some huge numbers!

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/3/12 by Bonavistaman11]