Kovalev on waivers?

REV-G

USA.com just reported that the Montreal Canadiens have placed Kovalev on waivers. Can anyone confirm this??

I doubt it's true. The move makes no sense. Kovalev DOES have trade value and there's no reason for Gainey to get rid of him anyway.

Eklund has been screwing the pooch all week. With the exception of Tkachuk going to Atlanta he hasn't got anything right I was starting to like him but he is falling fast

Not to defend Eklund (I don't care if he has connections or what have you) but the story was first reported by Associated Press, and then picked up by USA today...he was just reporting what he saw, which you would expect from a dude with a hockey site.

Eklund should have been quicker to notice the error but it's not like he made it up.

Edited by Talon

Well accept the fact he makes 4.5 mill more then me and he only has 13 more goals. That is a good reason.

A reason to get rid of him maybe. But there's no sense waiving hi mwhen we can get something back in a trade for him. He'd get us more than what Rivet got us, most likely.

Associated press first reported it and USA.com picked it up, but it's false, they made a mistake. Evidently they mixed up Downey on waivers to make room for others and one of the others was Kovalev returning to the lineup tonight.

Makes no difference, no one would pick him up anyways.

Why would anyone not pickup Kovy? :?-

-->That doesn't mean I wanted any other damn team to pick him up from waivers though lol

Edited by blaze53