1st Playoff Game this Saturday

SWIFTYHAB

TO has 18 players over 32 years of age...:lol:

So if we can't beat them tonight, we don't belong in the playoffs...

We need this win tonight boys, need to set the tone for the post season.

Prove to this league that we are for REAL!!!

note.gif OLE, ole-ole-ole,OLE, OLE!!!note.gif

:clap::hlogo::clap::hlogo::clap::hlogo::clap::hlogo::clap::hlogo::clap:

The Laughs don't need anymore reasons to make excuses, they have plenty enough as it is....I would rather beat them and fill the net with their #1 goalie in. Plus I never like to wish harm on anybody.

Good observation. The teams are set for the playoffs, so this is an indication of what we have to stack up against the "elite" teams.

What bothers me more than anything about Habs/Leafs games is our mental fragility, not our ability to beat them, and that is why we always seem to lose against them - confidence. If you watch these games closely, at the little things like finishing off checks, hitting, fighting for the puck, general intensity and attitude, we always seem to play with an inferior complex against them. They Leafs are the ones that always have the superiority attitude, they crash our goalies, give our guys the extra going over. What Rivet did to Marchment gave me such a thrill, because someone stood up and said "no more". Is it a coincidence we came back in that game and almost tied it?

Bottom line is, if we play like we think they ARE the better team, then we lose, because then we make the mental and physological mistakes, run around and let them control. With the Leafs, and living in T.O seeing all their games, you have to punish their defense. What concerns me is, other than a few, we do not have the character all around to do that. Maybe when Souray gets back, the boys will feed off his attitude.

Hope our guys come out tonight with an attitude and give us (habs fans in T.O) something to be excited about.

Originally posted by RJP

Bottom line is, if we play like we think they ARE the better team, then we lose, because then we make the mental and physological mistakes, run around and let them control. With the Leafs, and living in T.O seeing all their games, you have to punish their defense. What concerns me is, other than a few, we do not have the character all around to do that. Maybe when Souray gets back, the boys will feed off his attitude.

Hope our guys come out tonight with an attitude and give us (habs fans in T.O) something to be excited about.

:clap::clap::clap:

100% Exactly right. All about confidence.

Want to be a winner? Think like a winner.