Habs Fans 50-70y needed for a project

sakiqc

Attention all Montreal Canadiens fans!

I am presently working on an oral history of the NHL's Original Six Era from 1942 to 1967. Since October 2005 I have been interviewing former players, journalists, etc. who played or took part in that era. Some players I've interviewed are former Habs: Ray Getliffe, the late Gerry Heffernan, and Tom Johnson. I hope to interview as many players from that era as possible but I also want to interview 2-3 diehard, hardcore Habs fans who attended games on a regular or semi-regular basis between 1942 to 1967.

I am looking for people who can take me back to that glorious era and describe to me the sights, sounds, smells, and memories of the Montreal Forum and its great players: Maurice and Henri Richard, Beliveau, Plante, Durnan, Harvey, Moore, Worsley, et al.

I am focusing on certain time periods: 1942-1946, 1956-1960, and 1965 to 1967.

I am also focusing on specific events: the many Stanley Cup finals (especially the 1965 Finals), the Richard Riot of 1955.

I am looking for fans who can talk to me about the Montreal Journalists they read: Red Fisher, Elmer Ferguson, et al.

Also broadcasters: Danny Gallivan, Rene LeCavalier, Dick Irvin, Jr.

Also fans who had a close encounter with a player from that era: autograph, handshake, personal appearance, next-door neighbor, etc.

If you fit the profile of what I'm looking for or know someone who does and is willing to be interviewed on tape by me, please contact me at the email address listed below.

I need 2-3 people.

I will be in the greater Montreal area from April 21-29 this year. I hope to meet with anyone who responds to my message.

I want serious replies only! This is not a joke!

respectfully,

Matt

mhdibiase@yahoo.com

:hlogo: :clap: Hi I have been a fan for over 50 years but live in europe sorry can't help you but will be your first customer for the book good luck with the project.

best regards,

eagle 1 :D

Hello:

You live in Europe but did you attend Habs games during the 1942-1967 period?

Maybe I can't interview you in person but would you consider writing a detailed essay of your memories? If I sent you a questionnaire of relevant questions, would you consider sending me a reply (at your leisure). There is no time factor for my book. This is the work of many years. I started my project in October 2005 and will continue (God willing) for the next 3-4 years.

Please tell me more about yourself.

You can email me at mhdibiase@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Respectfully,

Matthew DiBiase

aka

Original Six

:hlogo: :clap: Hi I have been a fan for over 50 years but live in europe sorry can't help you but will be your first customer for the book good luck with the project.

best regards,

eagle 1 :D

Hello:

You live in Europe but did you attend Habs games during the 1942-1967 period?

Maybe I can't interview you in person but would you consider writing a detailed essay of your memories? If I sent you a questionnaire of relevant questions, would you consider sending me a reply (at your leisure). There is no time factor for my book. This is the work of many years. I started my project in October 2005 and will continue (God willing) for the next 3-4 years.

Please tell me more about yourself.

You can email me at mhdibiase@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Respectfully,

Matthew DiBiase

aka

Hi Mathew :clap:

Would love to help you but how much good to your project ,I think maybe limted I have only very attended 1 game and that was in the really bad times 2001 . We were looking good up till December 2006 now it looks all down hill and this years playoff's are almost beyond our reach.

yes send me the information my earlest recollection was seeing a home made movie of the habs in 1953. you can PM me

best regards,

eagle 1 :ghg:

Original Six