Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Thrashers d'Atlanta | 03/08/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever man....do you think this is good for anyone right now? We could be making a run for the playoffs, but instead we are getting EMBARASSED night after night. Have some pride.

And speaking of horseshit....I am sick of hearing about how Bob is such a genius for trading away our future or youth. I am certainly not suggesting that we should trade any core youth or blue-chippers.....but it is not horseshit as you suggest, that we could obtain a goalie with some experience and confidence without mortgaging the future.

We have youth, we have picks...sparing mid-round picks will NOT mortgage our future....I didnt say 5th rounders...but a 3rd and a mid-range prospect or 2 who will never score more than 10 goals...I could live without..Especially if it meant making the playoffs, and not getting embarrassed..

I'm glad you're happy with our goaltending situation right now, but I'm not. I think our standards are miles apart!!

Every year for the past 10 years I have always looked forward to the "kids". They are always so highly touted and we always expect them to develop into superstars. Well guess what, they never (or very rarely) do and we bank on the next group of prospects to take us to the promise land. I for one am sick of waiting for these guys to blossom. Get us some real talent while the rest of the league still thinks these guys are blue-chippers. Keep Komi, Higgins, Lats and Price and screw the rest.

to tell you the truth, i don't really give a rat's butt if the canadiens lose every game from now to the season's end... i won'd lose sleep over it...

they'll remain the team of my heart, the one i'll cheer next year, the year after and till i'm no longer able to cheer at all for lack of breath...

i've not given up on the year... it's just not a major issue for me to see them make the playoffs... i've not given up on the team... i'll watch each and every game that i can till their last one this year be it the 7th of april or sometime in early/mid june...

GO :hlogo: GO!

:clap: :hlogo: :ghg:

you should hear the 'enthousiasm' of the announcers on tv... not a heck of a lot...

McGuire (CKAC) is the worst radio play-by play guy I've ever heard, and I've been listening to hockey games on the radio for over 15 years.

He has a great voice but his intonation/emphasis/tone of voice is always wrong and irritating.

Man what is this crap .. I get home from work and it's 6-1 in the 3rd :nono: I'm sorry but i've been very optimistic and now i feel that there is no hope for playoffs this season.

All the talk about Gainey & Carbo is interesting ... although yes I feel and semi agree that they might get the axe for this mess. I feel bad for Carbo .. he's a defenisve coach with a bunch of players who can't play defense. Look up and down that line up and it's all floating offensive streaky players. How can you work with that ? The club has been though enough coaches and a few GM's ... it's time to ditch most of the core and try to either get better free agents or rebuild.

Players I feel should go:

Kovalev

Samsonov

Ryder

Perezhogin

Murray

Bouillon

Dandy

Abby

Players on the bubble

Bonk

Johnson

To Keep

Koivu only if he's 2nd line center

Higgins

Lats

Lapirre

Begin

Markov

Souray only if he signs for under 5 mil

Komi

Striet

Kotsy

Huet

Halak

Wow ....this is honestly the worst Habs team I've evr watched in my entire life. Missing the play-offs was never an option. Even when they did they fought hard to miss them, and it was close and a bummer. I really do feel like crying.

At the begining of the year I really thought we had a strong team. It's like everyone got stronger and better, and the Habs just stayed the same. Maby Abby will wake up now. Oh wait he can't get shut-outs for the next 13 games. Can anybody score a goal? What the F$%K?????????

Wow ....this is honestly the worst Habs team I've evr watched in my entire life. Missing the play-offs was never an option. Even when they did they fought hard to miss them, and it was close and a bummer. I really do feel like crying.

At the begining of the year I really thought we had a strong team. It's like everyone got stronger and better, and the Habs just stayed the same. Maby Abby will wake up now. Oh wait he can't get shut-outs for the next 13 games. Can anybody score a goal? What the F$%K?????????

bonk just did

hmmm.......... i think we lost...

bonk just did

What about Kovalev? I thought he doesn't want to be a regular player. He wants to be the best. Sorry. I just don't see it. I was so close to getting center ice this year and I am so glad I didn't waste my money. Although I did go to watch the game at a sports bar when they played the Avs. The night they blew Theo out of the water. I think I spent as much money as Center Ice costs in one night.

Shit maybe we should bring back the Amigos. Theo will be bought out ....sign him for nothing....sign mayonaise and trade Kovalev for Ribs and things will be back to normal. Still be eighth seed but at least we'll make it to the first round.

One more thing regarding our youth movement...I think there is somethin to be said for adding some experienced, talented, successful veterans. A lot of people are all about the young guys being developed, but I think they need to be surrounded by some older, but still talented veterans.

Koivu would be the only guy who fits this bill, for me. I cant imagine Kovy is much of a mentor. Who else is there really?

There's a reason why teams like DET, NJ, DAL, etc. who don't typically have high draft picks, still manage to develop good players in their system. They are surrounded by these players that I'm talkin about, year after year..

The reality is, there is less difference in the long run, between the 1st and 5th rounders.....A lot of it is their development. A lot of their development comes from being part of a successful and talented team.

These guys need to be complimented with established players. Whether this should have been addressed last offseason, this trade deadline, or in the comin offseason...I believe the young guys will need it to reach their full potential.

This may need to be at the expense of some draft picks.....but God knows we wont be developing all of these picks into core players....we need to use some for the core itself.

Some of you guys need to remember this when you constantly preach about not giving away youth, etc...There's more to it than that...

I bet Carbo finishes this season and starts the next.

Yeah, Carbo is tight, I think. Unless he resigns. Kovalev is gone, and probably Kostitsyn too. I'd be shocked to see either of those two back.

...... He hasn't really ruffled any feathers in either a good way or a bad way....

That is probably the reason right there. As Carbo said, it isn't enough to look good out on the ice, Kost has to produce some results as well. His whole pro career has involved looking good, and producing little. He is 22 now, and on the last year of his contract. He has scored 2 NHL goals.

At a critical juncture of the season, for both the Bulldogs and the Habs, he asked for SEVERAL WEEKS OFF to return to Belarus for the birth of his child. I'm certainly not against fathers being involved with their partners and their children, as much as possible, but HE HAS BEEN WORKING IN NORTH AMERICA FOR THREE YEARS. If he was serious about his career here, why was the child not born here? Or why did his "wife" not come to Hamilton before or after the birth of the child? That is certainly the norm. It isn't like the child would be born in a thatched hut with domestic animals running around if his partner came to Hamilton or Montreal to live with him.

who's taking him?

Kovy will probably do a Ted Saskin, and fight to the end for a big payout, all the while blaming someone else for his *ups.

Yeah, Carbo is tight, I think. Unless he resigns. Kovalev is gone, and probably Kostitsyn too. I'd be shocked to see either of those two back.

:?- :?- :?- :?- you're kidding?... kovalev, ok... but not kostitsyn