Carey Price Documentary

zumpano21

Program airs at 7PM, March 10, on CTV in B.C. Carey stopped 39 of 40 shots tonight in beating division rival Seattle Thunderbirds. First star of the game. He seems to be heating up heading into the playoffs.

I think his nickname should be "Cool Ice". It pretty well sums him up. Cool as ice Carey Price. ;)

Edited by bobby

thanks for the info;

Yet another positive to build on! With all the bad press lately; its wonderful to see PRICE give our beloved habs a proud future to look forward to.

GO HABS GO!

i'm going to miss that... (very sad...) i'm going to be at a 60th birthday get-together (no... not mine...)

i hope that someone gets to put it on youtube or saves it on cd-rom... i'd pay to have a copy shipped to me...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I wont miss this for sure.

by the way, am I the only one who's sick of reading headlines saying PRICE IS RIGHT for every price article ??!!

Word of caution though, Price is still NOT signed by the Habs. If nothing happens in the next few months, he goes BACK IN THE DRAFT. Montreal would get the 5th pick in the second round as compensation. At least that is what used to occur. Not sure about the new CBA.

Word of caution though, Price is still NOT signed by the Habs. If nothing happens in the next few months, he goes BACK IN THE DRAFT. Montreal would get the 5th pick in the second round as compensation. At least that is what used to occur. Not sure about the new CBA.

whats to worry about ?? he'll get the maximum plus bonuses. the reason he's not signed is probably because they don't want to break his focus . besides, there's no rush at all.

Well, the sticking point is probably "the bonuses". Obviously those differ quite a bit from player to player. I'm sure that Sidney Crosby going first overall got a much sweeter bonus package than a player taken at the end of the first round, even though both get the "rookie max". If Price went pack in the draft, he would probably be the first overall pick. Perhaps to a team that would guarantee him immediate NHL playing time and a lucrative bonus arrangement. That is what Montreal has to compete with. I don't think Carey has any particular attachment to the Habs at this point, beyond a couple of training camps.

Montreal, on the other hand may have wanted to take a longer look at Halak before committing themselves too strenuously to Price. As it is, they have Yann Danis in Hamilton signed for rookie max money, and two goalies who are probably better than him in Montreal who will earn league minimum. Why would they pay Danis twice the money or more to backup in Montreal than Halak or Leighton?

Money is usually the bottom line from the player's perspective and the team's perspective.

Well, the sticking point is probably "the bonuses". Obviously those differ quite a bit from player to player. I'm sure that Sidney Crosby going first overall got a much sweeter bonus package than a player taken at the end of the first round, even though both get the "rookie max". If Price went pack in the draft, he would probably be the first overall pick. Perhaps to a team that would guarantee him immediate NHL playing time and a lucrative bonus arrangement. That is what Montreal has to compete with. I don't think Carey has any particular attachment to the Habs at this point, beyond a couple of training camps.

Montreal, on the other hand may have wanted to take a longer look at Halak before committing themselves too strenuously to Price. As it is, they have Yann Danis in Hamilton signed for rookie max money, and two goalies who are probably better than him in Montreal who will earn league minimum. Why would they pay Danis twice the money or more to backup in Montreal than Halak or Leighton?

Money is usually the bottom line from the player's perspective and the team's perspective.

Danis makes 543,400K so he doesn't get the rookie max. He got it when he was first signed to his 2 year deal cause the Flyers were trying hard to get him as well. He will be a UFA this summer if he's not resigned, so Danis might just walk. I assume that Leighton they got for depth this year plus he's an RFA so Leighton, Halak and Price should all battle for the backup to Huet and the 2 spots in Hamilton with Desjardins there as well if say they go with a Price-Leighton duo in Hamilton next year, this way if for some reason Leighton doesn't clear waivers, Desjardins could jump into the backup spot.

Edited by montreal

I just don't think it is a given that the Habs will sign Price. The situation with Jack Johnson concerns me a bit. Carolina tried to sign him for a year, and when they weren't able, they practically gave him away to L.A. Surely they should have been willing to wait another year for a player of Johnson's enormous potential if the only reason he didn't want to turn pro immediately was to fulfill another year of his college committment to Red Berenson and Michigan. There had to have been another reason.

Habs will sign Price, no worries there.

Can't compare Jack Johnson to Price for the simple reason that Jack Johnson plays in the NCAA where hockey AND EDUCATION is what matters the most (in no particular order).

Price plays in the CHL and there are no sort of school requirements or commitments (unless on a personal basis) that will screw the Habs into signing him unless Price himself doesn't want too.

The Habs had the same scenario last season with Ryan O'Byrne who was almost a sure thing into completing his school degree but somehow the Habs talked him into signing a professional deal, I guess money talks.

On a side note, does this mean if the Kings don't sign Jack Johnson this summer, he's going back into the draft?

I think teams get an extra year or two to sign a college player as opposed to one playing major junior hockey. There is a limit, but I don't think it applies until the prospect completes his senior season.

I think teams get an extra year or two to sign a college player as opposed to one playing major junior hockey. There is a limit, but I don't think it applies until the prospect completes his senior season.

extra 2 years plus the difference is the NCAA players go UFA instead of reentering the draft. If you draft someone from the NCAA, you get 4 years then it used to be you get a full year after they finish school to sign them but in the new cba they chnaged it. Now you have until August 15th to sign your NCAA prospects after they graduate.

W5 (CTV) is doing a documentary on Carey Price (hometown, minor and junior hockey career) this weekend. I'm looking for the exact showtime...more to come. The promo looks very promising.

If you missed the show, I found it online and was able to watch the whole thing, seen in two parts, from the station that did it. I live in the US, and had no trouble getting it. The link is

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...070310/20070310?

hub=WFive

Carey Plays for our local team and did a wonderful job tonight, but the way, ending with a 5-2 victory over Everette. :)

Edited by lynn2574

Price seems very reserved, hence some teams during the draft runup thought he didn't have the killer instinct, but I think he does.

He reminds me a lot of Ken Dryden in some aspects, he seems a little too intelligent to view hockey as his end-all for his life. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on to bigger and better things after a professional career like Dryden did.

If you missed the show, I found it online and was able to watch the whole thing, seen in two parts, from the station that did it.

Thanks for posting this, lynn.

Merci.