Spider-Man NL

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

225029.jpg

That's the picture on front of RDS.ca

Was it taken after Kovalev's GWG with about 1 minute left in one of the most important game of the season?

Yay for the enthusiasm.

I like that one better..

capt.stk10503110354.canadiens_blues_hock

nice, RDS.ca changed their picture for my proposition. Wonder if he read the forum

There was no enthusiasm on the previous one

I was thinking the same thing when Kovy put the backhander in the net. I've rarely... actually never seen him celebrate like that this year. You would have thought he got us into the playoffs...

Speaking of which. if the other teams ahead of us keep pace and we win all our games.. we may still be lucky to make the playoffs. So lets keep those positive thoughts going..

GO HABS GO!

GOD knows we need all the help we can get...

GO HABS GO!

:nono: A true fan sees his team whenever possible. This is something that happens once every three years with this stupid scheduling system. Come on, 15 bucks for a ticket and 5 bucks for parking if you don't mind a little walk. And you of all people seem like the last person to shy away from being heckled. Heck, trash talking is half the fun! It's great using a nice witty comeback to which they can only respond by saying "Go back to effing Canada!" :lol:

<_<

Does that mean I'm not a "true" fan because I've never seen the Habs live? Granted, I don't live in Vancouver and seeing a game would require spending the night, but it's not fair to pigeon-hole like that.

And for me, they would be saying, "Go back to effing Quebec, you effing frog!" :lol:

Hmm...maybe something 'unfortunate' will happen to Guy if Vladimir Putin gets word of this situation.

That's a terrible thing to say.

I think what he's saying is that a team with only youth won't win, just like a team with only vets won't win. You need a balance to go far. We should really re-signing Bonk, Johnson, Markov & Souray and then even though I like them, it may be the time to turn the page on Kovalev & Samsonov. Koivu should stay until he retires with Plekanec or Grabovski gradually taking over his role.

Yupp, youth need someone to lead the way for them. Just look at Pittsburgh for example, tons of youth, but still a couple experienced vets.

Habs sure bloodied a lot of blues players. Gettin those elbows up. lol Crowd thought that the Canadian ref was calling the game in favour of the Habs.

Souray is a bad bleep bleep bleep. That guy is nuts.

Murray looked like he was smelling blood out there, every time he was causing something I saw a giant smile on his face.

I gotta say, I can't believe all the optimism after this win. Two days ago, everybody was howling for Carbo's blood, Gainey's head on a platter, etc., etc.

Let's keep OUR heads. Despite this rousing win againt bottom-dwelling suction eel St. Louis, who were missing their top goalie and lost key cogs at trade deadline day, we won't make the playoffs. Give me a break. Our goalie is Aebischer, and we're up against a team that (unlike the Habs) is mentally resilient and seldom stops working (the Leafs) as well as the defending Cup champs (Carolina) not to mention the Rangers - and all those teams have games in hand.

And even if we make the playoffs, we will be demolished by whichever team we meet in Round One.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but...sheesh. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Kinda funny btw that Kovalev plays his one good game of the month as usual and all say "in your face kovalev bashers".

I love the guy but I would love him even more if he could play like this every night. Making Begin and Lapierre look like stars says what he can do. :D

Let's keep OUR heads. Despite this rousing win againt bottom-dwelling suction eel St. Louis

Wouldn't exactly call the Blues bottom dwellers. They're a good team to play against because they don't give up. The game tonight had a playoff type atmosphere. Yeah the team gave up 3 goals. But they didn't quit like they had been doing. When the Blues scored the first goal Murray and Souray were flipping pissed. I could see it in their eyes. The Habs came alive and started taking names.

The '07 part of the season Habs would have given up after the 3rd goal. I for sure said well now they'll just play for overtime and then shootout. That didn't happen.

Basically the team was yes starting to fall asleep until Murray got decked at centre ice, he got up and had this huge smile on his face and after that the physical play went up to volume 11.

We'll know for sure if this wasn't just a blip and not a blast on Tuesday.

We'll know for sure if this wasn't just a blip and not a blast on Tuesday.

I have to agree with you on this one Pierre. The arrival of Andy Murray has turned this St Louis team around.

Like you said, the game on tuesday will be a good test. I've been watching the Islanders for a couple of weeks now and they're playing good (forechecking) hockey. They have a solid, well-balanced team with good goaltending.

Now what do we do? We have 3 good players (Russians) riding the bench, one of which could be benefiting from more minutes in the minors yet there's no one from the lineup that we can really take out. The usual suspects, Kovalev, Ryder, Begin, Lapierre and Murray all had great games last night. Then again if Johnson's injured? I say Samsonov takes his spot and Kostitsyn is sent down. Either that or Streit plays D and Gorges rides the bench. I kind of wish Murray weren't working so hard, I want Perezhogin to get back in the lineup.

Well, I would expect Carbonneau to have the Canadiens ride it out with the same lineup until a loss.

Then perhaps Samsonov or Perezhogin would get back in. I'm increasingly getting the feeling that Carbonneau distrusts/dislikes the playing style of Kostitsyn.

Probably because he's an offensive player and Carbonneau wants a team of two-way players. If Carbo won't play Kostitsyn though, he might as well demote him. Perezhogin needs to clear waivers this year, doesn't he? That's too bad, he'd be better off getting minutes in the AHL too.

Probably because he's an offensive player and Carbonneau wants a team of two-way players.

Kosty is +24 in the AHL this year. Don Lever said Kosty really improved is defensive game (and his offensive game!)

I think Carbo wants Kosty to work very very hard. He's waiting for Kosty to show him he REALLY want to stay in montreal. I hope Carbo will understand that some players aren't minded like Begin and Lapierre and STILL really want to make the team and ARE able to really help the team nonetheless...

Kosty is +24 in the AHL this year. Don Lever said Kosty really improved is defensive game (and his offensive game!)

I think Carbo wants Kosty to work very very hard. He's waiting for Kosty to show him he REALLY want to stay in montreal. I hope Carbo will understand that some players aren't minded like Begin and Lapierre and STILL really want to make the team and ARE able to really help the team nonetheless...

Yes, but he's still an offensive player. To him, offence comes before defence and it seems Carbo's trying to build a defence-first team. Either that or he just doesn't like this one guy's style OR a million other reasons, like that he doesn't like (Bela)Russians.

Yes, but he's still an offensive player. To him, offence comes before defence and it seems Carbo's trying to build a defence-first team. Either that or he just doesn't like this one guy's style OR a million other reasons, like that he doesn't like (Bela)Russians.

Can we cut the garbage about Russians please. Carbo has no problem with their nationalty. Work ethic of a certain player, sure. That's it, end of story.

Can we cut the garbage about Russians please. Carbo has no problem with their nationalty. Work ethic of a certain player, sure. That's it, end of story.

Never went into whether it's true or not. Just that it's suspicious. Samsonov has been working hard. Kostitsyn has been making things happen. And on a team littered with minus figures, the guy with the team-lead in +/- is a healthy scratch game in, game out. No matter what nationality they are, I think they should be playing. The "problem" is that no one else on the roster is deserving of a benching either.