Kovalev is on the FOURTH!

markierung

Who cares if his feelings are hurt or the long term effects. He can certainly afford a therapist.

Even with a salary dump the returns are less in a trade if the player is disgruntled. Wasn't defending Kovy. It hurts the Habs if he goes in a trade that way. We can argue about Kovy's value all day just as we could LeClair's. LeClair's value went down because he wanted to play in the States.

My concern lies with the team

I doubt that they could trade Kovalev without eating a portion of his contract, but I don't think his state of mind will affect his value in any way. Most players are dealt because they are not happy in their situation. Most GMs look for a player who they feel is available because the situation he is in is not the best for him.

Perhaps a team built like buffalo sabres being told to play the guy carbonneau french-canadian trap straight out of 1995 is affecting their performance?

Right On!! Carbo is no better than a peewee coach and is most deserving of what he's getting right now. This second half collapse is the worst in history and should fall on his shoulders and should be fired but he won't be.

I doubt that they could trade Kovalev without eating a portion of his contract, but I don't think his state of mind will affect his value in any way. Most players are dealt because they are not happy in their situation. Most GMs look for a player who they feel is available because the situation he is in is not the best for him.

Well they can not eat a part of his contract. You can not do that anymore in the NEW CBA.

Right On!! Carbo is no better than a peewee coach and is most deserving of what he's getting right now. This second half collapse is the worst in history and should fall on his shoulders and should be fired but he won't be.

Well he should not be fired but it some of the blame must fall on his shoulders and I am sure he will be a better coach next season and the season after. Carbonneau is not going anywhere he will make his mistakes but he will become a veteran coach in the NHL with he Canadiens and become a feared coach in the league.

Edited by JMMR

I really hope Kovalev rips Carbonneau in the media....might as well set things on fire; the resulting media frenzy would be more entertaining than watching this team play hockey.

I usually don't agree with your posts but man I am with you on this one. :clap::lol:

Well they can not eat a part of his contract. You can not do that anymore in the NEW CBA.

Well he should not be fired but it some of the blame must fall on his shoulders and I am sure he will be a better coach next season and the season after. Carbonneau is not going anywhere he will make his mistakes but he will become a veteran coach in the NHL with he Canadiens and become a feared coach in the league.

No NHL franchise fires a rookie coach after only coaching in 69 games.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

The games I saw in the first half of the season we dominated at least 2 periods a game. We drew the penalties on which we scored our PP goals. Nowadays we dont draw these penalties, we take them. It wasnt just goalie and Sourays shot the first half. The whole team looked great and somehow they arent now. I wont blame anyone but something is not right.

The games I saw in the first half of the season we dominated at least 2 periods a game. We drew the penalties on which we scored our PP goals. Nowadays we dont draw these penalties, we take them. It wasnt just goalie and Sourays shot the first half. The whole team looked great and somehow they arent now. I wont blame anyone but something is not right.

...I agree...

...but, somehow, the 4th line with Kovy and Lapierre scored 2 and a deparate late 3rd period game winner against St. Louis... It may just prove that 'dumping' Kovy to the fourth line as a 'discipline' will turn into an effort to try something 'new'. I don't buy it, but again, they did pot the goals.

...and Higgins looked pretty good in Kovy's set-up spot along the boards...not perfect, but a few creative ideas.

GO :hlogo: GO!

J

Kovalev had the most ice time of any Montreal forward. Nothing has changed.

Yep. Almost 21 minutes. His demotion was probably more to balance out the lines then to punish him.

Kovalev's career legacy is on the line. If he doesn't do something over the next 12 games, he better get some sturdy luggage. He will be "Suitcase Alex" from here on in, getting passed around like the Queen of Spades in a Hearts game.

Kovalev's career legacy is on the line. If he doesn't do something over the next 12 games, he better get some sturdy luggage. He will be "Suitcase Alex" from here on in, getting passed around like the Queen of Spades in a Hearts game.

In case you have not noticed he has 2 more years on his deal and players with big contracts are not a easy to trade with the CBA so no matter what I bet he plays for at most one other team before his career is over.

Contract or no contract, if he doesn't show some signs of life from here on out, he won't be back next season. I'm sure Gainey would rather cut his losses and pay Kovalev off, rather than having him mope through the last 2 years of the deal, poisoning the atmosphere around the team.

I hope you're right, bc the easiest thing to do, like others have said, is fire the coach. But at the same time, I REALLY wish he would change the system already!!!! It's beyond moronic that he's tried everything in terms of pushing the players around, showing them who's boss, benchings, etc. without trying to actually change what they do on the ice in the most effective way (aka, CHANGE THE SYSTEM). I'm not saying he deserves all the blame, because the players have been lazy, but you've got to adapt!!! We've got the skills to skate and use our speed, and 2-Man forecheck. We're still a small team, but the new NHL is built for teams with our players' profiles. Just ask the Buffalo Sabres.

Your right shorthanded I found the Canadiens to fore check a lot more in the beginning of the year creating offence on a much more regular basis. Now I find the Canadiens the most creative when on the penalty kill because they are aggressive.

I am sure he will get better and play a little more loose. But when your team starts losing and your a coach you go into a shell and want to play a more defensive first system. But the best defense is a great offence.