Cricket World Cup

Quebecois

I watched in 2003 when Canada got their first ever victory. The 2007 World Cup began today with West Indes versus Pakistan. Canada's first game goes tomorrow against Kenya.

I don't know a whole lot about the sport, but enough to be able to watch it and understand. You can watch it online with Sopcast, if u need to know how to get this i can help you out...

I'm really not a fan... Some games can last more than 1 day long... 24 ######in hours of cricket !!!!!

yeah right - the wife gets antsy when a hockey game goes into O/T..... :lool:

cricket is pretty entertainment for a lazy day. I spent a week in greece last summer watching the ashes with a bunch of drunken australians and brits. I was too lazy and drunk to move most of the time, and the game was ok, I found it a little more interesting than baseball, so that's a winning combo for avoiding the oppresive greek sun and taking advantage of an 8 hour long happy hour.

Canada is playing Kenya at the moment.

Canada batted first and was 199/all out

Kenya is 134/3 out and is in good shape to win this one. with about 120 balls left in the game.

These one day international games. are 50 overs each. six balls per over and each match will take a day with each team playing about half a day, include breaks, etc.

The game itself can be very exciting and stats are a big part of the game specially during the game... like run rate and overs bowled, ball remaining. etc. These one day games rely heavy on lineup and good coaching often wins games.

Here is a link to updated stats on the Canada vs Kenya game.

http://cricketworldcup.indya.com/scores/ht...e/keca1403.html

GO CANADA GO!

Edited by Chips

I watched in 2003 when Canada got their first ever victory. The 2007 World Cup began today with West Indes versus Pakistan. Canada's first game goes tomorrow against Kenya.

I don't know a whole lot about the sport, but enough to be able to watch it and understand. You can watch it online with Sopcast, if u need to know how to get this i can help you out...

Also how do you get Sopcast bro. Thanks.

i tutored a young australian student for the last few years and got to know his family quite well... for them, there are two BIG sports... Australian Rules Football and CRICKET...

they love the last of these games...

GO :hlogo: GO!

• 3 weeks later...

australia won again vs. england. it looks like

australia

srilanka

new zealand

south africa

are the top four.

i'd like srilanka to upset australia when they play, that would be a fun match to watch...