Official Scoreboard Watcher's Thread

Easy Ryder

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having difficulties hating Avery tonight. I feel weird. Violated, even.

Yeah I know never seen so many habs fans cheer for Avery!

Amazing he is 1 goal from a double hat trick.

Yeah I know never seen so many habs fans cheer for Avery!

Amazing he is 1 goal from a double hat trick.

You mean the regular and the Gordie Howe?

So, do we want the Rangers to go ahead and clinch a spot with a win over NYI on tuesday? Maybe they would have a let down against us on Thursday?

Haha.. I was pondering the same thing... And I didn't arrive at any conclusion.

7-2 Rags

Nice job Rangers :clap:

So, do we want the Rangers to go ahead and clinch a spot with a win over NYI on tuesday? Maybe they would have a let down against us on Thursday?

No. If they lose to the Isles and we beat them Thursday we have a good chance of catching them.

Also I want the Islanders still in it and hungry when they play the Leafs on Thursday.

No. If they lose to the Isles and we beat them Thursday we have a good chance of catching them.

Also I want the Islanders still in it and hungry when they play the Leafs on Thursday.

I thought of that side of the coin too....I dont know what to hope for anymore, other than NO EXTRA POINTS

Now thanks to the Rangers we dont need to watch other teams scoreboards so much. If we win the last 3 games were in no matter what other teams do or dont.

I thought of that side of the coin too....I dont know what to hope for anymore, other than NO EXTRA POINTS

And for Montreal wins, of course!

If we win 2 of the next 3 we are in good shape. That will give us 92 points and the only way we miss the playoffs with 92 points is if all the following happen:

1) We lose to the Leafs (in regulation) next Saturday (after beating Boston and NYR).

2) The Leafs win all 3 of their remaining games.

3) Tampa wins one of their remaining games or else lose all 3 in OT/SO.

4) Rangers get at least 1 point in their final 3 games.

(By the way the above is my nightmare scenario. Please, please don't let this happen.)

I sure hope the Leafs get 3 points or less in their next 2 games. Then we only need 2 wins to qualify.

We need to beat Boston Tuesday. If we get at least 1 win in the next 2 games we will have a chance to qualify next Saturday.

Edited by Peter Puck

If we win 2 of the next 3 we are in good shape. That will give us 92 points and the only way we miss the playoffs with 92 points is if all the following happen:

1) We lose to the Leafs (in regulation) next Saturday (after beating Boston and NYR).

2) The Leafs win all 3 of their remaining games.

3) Tampa wins one of their remaining games or else lose all 3 in OT/SO.

4) Rangers get at least 1 point in their final 3 games.

(By the way the above is my nightmare scenario. Please, please don't let this happen.)

I sure hope the Leafs get 3 points or less in their next 2 games. Then we only need 2 wins to qualify.

We need to beat Boston Tuesday. If we get at least 1 win in the next 2 games we will have a chance to qualify next Saturday.

Nice analysis. Puts it in perspective a bit, but almost makes me very, very NERVOUS. I do feel like, if it comes down to that game in TO we will get screwed.

Nice analysis. Puts it in perspective a bit, but almost makes me very, very NERVOUS. I do feel like, if it comes down to that game in TO we will get screwed.

Hope for a big game from Biron and the Flyers or Dubielewicz and the Islanders then.

I'm uneasy about the Boston game. That's the only one against a team not in the mix, and given the erratic nature of the Habs, a letdown wouldn't surprise me one bit. These guys only seem to want to play their best when they have ABSOLUTELY no margin of error.

Hope I'm wrong... :huh:

Hope for a big game from Biron and the Flyers or Dubielewicz and the Islanders then.

I'm hoping... but the schedule definitely favours the Leafs leading up to Saturday's game. If it goes down to the wire, I'm going to have to order the portable defibrillators from K-Tel that I saw on TV...

I'm hoping... but the schedule definitely favours the Leafs leading up to Saturday's game. If it goes down to the wire, I'm going to have to order the portable defibrillators from K-Tel that I saw on TV...

Ya totally, and to top it off, that last game is in there barn. Just once, can it be easy for this team. I'm praying that saturdays game means nothing, and they already have 8th spot locked up.

islanders 1, rangers 0

go islanders!

GO :hlogo: GO!

oh... by the way... go flyers too :clap::clap::clap::clap:

this is a copy of a post i made on the bruins/canadiens string

"watching tsn & between period comments, the take is that, if the rangers win tonight, they'll be garanteed of being in the playoffs so they'll likely rest their top players and lundqvist to montreal will be playing a 'depleated' rangers team on thursday which means that the leafs HAVE to win tonight & hope that the islanders win too...

the prospect for the leafs is much more tenuous than it is for us..."

GO :hlogo: GO!