Kovalev was very generous today..

kost46

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a lot of image repair to do if he wants to play in Montreal in the future. Especially since he lied to Carbonneau about the incident with the Russian reporter. Somehow I don't think anything short of giving a year's salary to charity, and carrying a 300 pound cross down St Catherines St. while wearing only a loincloth and a crown of thorns will get Kovy off the hook.

He has a lot of image repair to do if he wants to play in Montreal in the future. Especially since he lied to Carbonneau about the incident with the Russian reporter. Somehow I don't think anything short of giving a year's salary to charity, and carrying a 300 pound cross down St Catherines St. while wearing only a loincloth and a crown of thorns will get Kovy off the hook.

It has nothing to do with the russian interview ; Kovalev has always been involved

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/community/com...newsItemID=5291

Four or five good games and Kovy will be 'off the hook.' That's just how it is. And personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back strong next season, assuming his health to be good.

Oh PUHLEASE!!

Kovalev doesnt give a crap about his image or how some dumb media people think of him.

The man did this because hes a great person. Some fans from Gasepesie actually emailed rds to ask if they could meet the guy and he said yes. How many players do that?

Apparently he met a bunch of visitors from Gaspesie who wrote to Pierre et Yvon asking them to meet him.

We will know the details during the game.

They said he showed a lot of grace and generousity. :clap:

rds tv did a short article on it showing the people wearing different jerseys that kovalev has worn over the course of his career...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Well, I'm sure that Gainey probably offered him around for a song at the deadline and there were no takers. Probably offered to put him on waivers a la Samsonov as well, but didn't want to humiliate the guy. So now that they are stuck with him for the forseeable future, out come the spin doctors. Put some earrings on him, dress him up, take him to the dance, and maybe no one will notice what he is. :wacko:

LOL on those fans happening to be from the Gaspe. Doesn't get much more "French" than that.

See everyone, Alexei LOVES pur laine Francos! :unsure:

Put some earrings on him, dress him up, take him to the dance, and maybe no one will notice what he is. :wacko:

Did he look like this after you had finished dressing him up?

Master.jpg

Somehow I don't think anything short of giving a year's salary to charity, and carrying a 300 pound cross down St Catherines St. while wearing only a loincloth and a crown of thorns will get Kovy off the hook.

As off-base as Bobby's comments are, this I would pay to see.

Well, I'm sure that Gainey probably offered him around for a song at the deadline and there were no takers. Probably offered to put him on waivers a la Samsonov as well, but didn't want to humiliate the guy. So now that they are stuck with him for the forseeable future, out come the spin doctors. Put some earrings on him, dress him up, take him to the dance, and maybe no one will notice what he is. :wacko:

LOL on those fans happening to be from the Gaspe. Doesn't get much more "French" than that.

hmmm.... cynicism...

i don't believe that kovalev was shopped during the trade deadline time... he may be an underachiever but he's still a world-class talent who can be a huge contributor...

booby why are you always so negative? if you don't like the team that much go cheer for the leafs. Once in a while it would be different not to hear all the negativity :hlogo:

booby why are you always so negative? if you don't like the team that much go cheer for the leafs. Once in a while it would be different not to hear all the negativity :hlogo:

maybe bobby's possessed by the spirit of a4l ( i won't mention his name for fear of calling him up à la beetlejuice)...

Can you believe he actually CALLED those people himself and told them to come? And then when they were done meeting him and were gonna leave he told them WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GOING? Give these 4 people tickets to the game tonight. Then he told them when I score tonight I will give you guys the puck and he did.

If thats not classy I dont know what is!

by the way... i'm surprised that bobby didn't catch your booby...

So Kovalev does diddly squat all year, goes missing in action at a key time, slanders the coach and organization to the press while sitting at home collecting his 4.5 million, lies to Carbonneau about the matter, then scores a couple goals and agrees to a team organized photo op and suddenly he is a hero and a great guy?

I don't expect you guys to have elephantine memories or great qualities of discernment, but c'mon..... :rolleyes:

So Kovalev does diddly squat all year, goes missing in action at a key time, slanders the coach and organization to the press while sitting at home collecting his 4.5 million, lies to Carbonneau about the matter, then scores a couple goals and agrees to a team organized photo op and suddenly he is a hero and a great guy?

I don't expect you guys to have elephantine memories or great qualities of discernment, but c'mon..... :rolleyes:

You might have a point there. If the team orchestrated the whole thing to save face for Kovalev. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but Bobby, you've got me thinking.

Well, call my a cynic, but I have a little difficulty imagining Kovalev just picking up the phone book one day and dialing up a few residents of the Gaspe. They can barely speak French out there, much less English or Russian.

Why do you post bullshit all of the time? Who said he lied to Carbo?That was never proven. But at least this was based on a media-driven rumor, and not imagined up, like the rest of your crap. You have become about as credible as a drunken half-wit..

There are some Russian fans on Hockey's Future who live in Russia and speak both Russian and English perfectly well. They confirmed that Kovalev called Carbonneau a racist along with all of the other things. They said the journalist is pretty well known and respected in the country and so is the publication she writes for. They also said that the audio interview was the same as the written story. These people aren't Habs fans, or anti Habs fans. They have no stake in the matter. Someone brought the story to their attention and asked them to translate and confirm it. They did and also dismissed the claim that the journalist or the media outlets she works for were sensationalist or unreliable. I believe them, they have no reason to lie or twist things. Kovalev does. And did. Jack Todd and a couple of other journalists who follow the team said that it was exactly like Kovalev to do something like that. I don't have any reason to doubt them. Kovalev also changed his story a couple of times which is usually a good sign someone is lying.

You want to think Kovalev is a great guy and a credit to the uniform, go ahead. I don't and I just stated why I don't. But no need to stoop to petty personal insults.

You want to believe that Kovalev out of the blue decided to befreind some guys from the Gaspe and give them the royal treatment for a couple of days, be my guest. I've got a great used car that I hate to part with, but you seem like such a good guy, I'll reluctantly sell it to you. For a fair price of course. B)

I will choose to ignore Bobby's comments.

Kovalev cares about this team and cares about other people. I was very happy hear this story on the way home from the game.

Kovalev was awseome again tonight not just defensively though, he was great in the offensive zone as well. His first goal could not have been scored by 95% of the league his hands were just light speed.

There are some Russian fans on Hockey's Future who live in Russia and speak both Russian and English perfectly well. They confirmed that Kovalev called Carbonneau a racist along with all of the other things. They said the journalist is pretty well known and respected in the country and so is the publication she writes for. They also said that the audio interview was the same as the written story. These people aren't Habs fans, or anti Habs fans. They have no stake in the matter. Someone brought the story to their attention and asked them to translate and confirm it. They did and also dismissed the claim that the journalist or the media outlets she works for were sensationalist or unreliable. I believe them, they have no reason to lie or twist things. Kovalev does. And did. Jack Todd and a couple of other journalists who follow the team said that it was exactly like Kovalev to do something like that. I don't have any reason to doubt them. Kovalev also changed his story a couple of times which is usually a good sign someone is lying.

You want to think Kovalev is a great guy and a credit to the uniform, go ahead. I don't and I just stated why I don't. But no need to stoop to petty personal insults.

You want to believe that Kovalev out of the blue decided to befreind some guys from the Gaspe and give them the royal treatment for a couple of days, be my guest. I've got a great used car that I hate to part with, but you seem like such a good guy, I'll reluctantly sell it to you. For a fair price of course. B)

Prove it! Lets go I'm waiting!!!!!

I check hfboards regularly and did not see such a thing. By the way how could they confirm what he said if there was no freakin tape released?