Gotta Love the T.O. Media

Wamsley01

Living in T.O. I have to live in the center of Leaf Nation, which includes all the Local Media :puke:

The Toronto Media (TSN/Sportsnet/Star etc etc) are now crediting the Kids with turning the Leafs season around.....hmmm does this story sound familiar? They are so unoriginal.

Apparently the Leafs charge has been led by Coliacovo, Stajan and Steen and the future has never looked brighter in Leafland.

Look at the difference between the kiddie corps on the Habs and Leafs and their production lately.

Leafs Kids

Coliacovo

6 points in 10 games

4 of the 10 games he has been held pointless

Stajan

5 points in 13 games

10 of the 13 games he has been held pointless

Steen

3 points in 11 games

8 of the 11 games he has been held pointless

Habs Kids

Kostitsyn

9 points in 9 games

3 of the 9 games he has been held pointless

Higgins

12 points in 13 games

5 of the 13 games he has been held pointless

Plekanec

13 points in 12 games

4 of the 12 games he has been held pointless

Add to the fact that Halak was named 3rd star of the week last week and one story seems genuine and the other seems to me to be fabricated to show that the Leafs have just as bright a future as the Habs.

The Habs get ZERO credit with the Toronto media and instead of covering them and asking what happened during our second half swoon, most of them say I told you they were no good.

OK, it is off my chest, rant is over :)

can't really fault the TO media for not hyping Montreal. Their job is to cover the leafs, not the habs. Now the "national" media is another story, but can we really be so surprised at this point?

That all being said, the numbers you cite gives reason to be less than overwhelmed by the Toronto kids.

Edited by simonus

can't really fault the TO media for not hyping Montreal. Their job is to cover the leafs, not the habs. Now the "national" media is another story, but can we really be so surprised at this point?

That all being said, the numbers you cite gives reason to be less than overwhelmed by the Toronto kids.

I guess living here you treat TSN/CBC/TheScore/Sportsnet etc as T.O. Media when they are not.

That being said, the kids are not carrying the Leafs, that is ridiculous.

If anything I'd go as far as saying Steen has been a big disappointment so far for the Leafs. This is the kid many considered to the guy Mats Sundin has been waiting for to play with and despite being in his 2nd season in the NHL, he's still struggling.

If anything, it's Wellwood and his prepubescent 12 year old face that should be getting the spotlight in TO.

OK, it is off my chest, rant is over :)

feel better now? i hope so... :):):):):):)

GO :hlogo: GO!

Well Coliacovo is a defenseman but alas the kids for the Leafs are playing well and the Leafs are one of the hottest teams in the league.

well, on the positive side of that situation, potentially, that would make five canadian teams in the playoffs... a good shot at bringing the cup back north of the border...non?

GO :hlogo: GO!