Habs Sign Danis

Natural Mystic

I thought it was an Austrian, like Divis the goalie for St louis?

But no lol, he's a real fellow French man from Quebec. He never played in the QHJML though

yann danis . com --> www.yanndanis.com/

"He's the real deal. I have not seen a goaltender better than him this year, anywhere. I think he's as good a college goaltender as I've seen in a long time."

- Harvard Head Coach Mark Mazzoleni

"In my opinion, there is no player in college hockey who has had a greater impact on their team as Yann has done for Brown University. His statistics speak for themselves, but what doesn't show in the statistics are the characteristics like sportsmanship and leadership. A true gentleman of the game, Yann Danis represents everything good about college hockey and certainly deserves to receive this prestigious award."

- Vermont Head Coach Kevin Sneddon

"I thought we played a very good game all over the ice. The only thing we could have done better was to wait for Danis to graduate."

- Harvard Head Coach Mark Mazzoleni

"I think that they play with a tremendous amount of confidence and courage given the fact that their goaltender's numbers are just gaudy; Danis' save percentage and goals against are incredible."

- UMass-Lowell Head Coach Blaise MacDonald

"To get it past this guy is tough. He's the best I've seen so far... They have a really good team all around, but Danis is a legit Hobey Baker candidate no doubt."

- St. Lawrence Head Coach Joe Marsh

"[Danis] is the best goaltender in the Nation."

- Union Head Coach Nate Leaman

"He's as good as anyone I have seen all year."

- Clarkson Head Coach George Roll

I'm a bit confused right now ... :D

This Danis was an undrafted free agent, so he never entered a draft? Or simply no team picked him up at the draft?

But I can't believe that nobody was interested in such a quality, young goalie (as everybody is writing right now). :?-

[Edited on 20-3-04 by habsfannr1]

Originally posted by habsfannr1

I'm a bit confused right now ... :D

This Danis was an undrafted free agent, so he never entered a draft? Or simply no team picked him up at the draft?

But I can't believe that nobody was interested in such a quality, young goalie (as everybody is writing right now). :?-

[Edited on 20-3-04 by habsfannr1]

Happens to NCAAers all the time. Just look at Senja last year, led the NCAA in scoring, and was signed by the Blues as a FA.

• 2 weeks later...

We now have Theo, Garon, Fichaud, Danis, and Michaud. Signing Danis allows us to dump Fichaud, who we only have around to man the nets for Hamilton since we aren't deep at goalie behind Theo and Garon.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

We now have Theo, Garon, Fichaud, Danis, and Michaud.  Signing Danis allows us to dump Fichaud, who we only have around to man the nets for Hamilton since we aren't deep at goalie behind Theo and Garon.

Don't forget Damphousse!

Oh yeah, forgot about him. I knew Fichaud was in Hamilton, and I thought the other goalie down there was Michaud, but it is indeed J.F. Damphousse. So I guess Michaud hasn't done anything too good, since he's been in the ECHL. Not too many guys make it up to the NHL from there. Columbus Ohio had a team for 7-8 years, and I think only 5 guys ever made it to the NHL.

So I guess Michaud hasn't done anything too good, since he's been in the ECHL. Not too many guys make it up to the NHL from there.

Oh, but 1 significant player did recently.......RYDER, baby!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what HF said:

Has good lateral movement. Takes up a lot of space in net. Tough to beat down low, has very quick reflexes. His biggest asset is his work ethic, as he has been a workhorse in net for the Brown Bears. Also a very smart person as he was named to the ECAC All-Academic Team for the last two years.

---Sounds like an Eddie Belfour. Aside from the being smart part.

:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg: