2007 MLB Thread

Quebecois

The big mistakes MLB made with the Expos

Didn't put them in the AL East with Boston and Toronto.

Red Soxs fans always showed up during interleague games

Not cultivating the Toronto-Montreal rivalry

Then there was the strike of '94

No english broadcasts (at least from what I could remember)

But all of that wouldn't of mattered if they had gotten that downtown stadium. I truly believe baseball in Montreal would have worked.

True for the AL. The strike of 94 REALLY hurt. We were the best team of the Major...

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like to talk about the Expos because it hurts so much...

Bottom line is, people don't want to show up consistently at a stadium that is a complete dump and far away from the downtown core, especially once a team gets screwed out of a sure playoff appearence and possible World Series.

Ill be interested to see how the Washington fans take it since they will be one of the worst teams in the league now and for the near future...

the expos broke everybody's heart.

They broke it many times, the strike, the great selloff, the move, and a million little daggers in between (c.f. pedro, vlad).

I choose to enjoy baseball without constantly remembering el presidente, the hawk and grissom (too cool a real name to ruin with a nick).

I choose to enjoy baseball without constantly remembering el presidente, the hawk and grissom (too cool a real name to ruin with a nick).

Ditto. Vlad and Pedro are still two of my favourites but part of my weeps whenever i see them in action...

Here come the Yankees!

Let's get behind to cheer the Yankees,

They're gonna learn to fear the Yankees,

Everyone knows they play to win...

Cause

They're the New York....

Yankees...

Here come the Yankees!

Cause

They're the New York....

Yankees...

threadkiller

Here come the Yankees!

Cause

They're the New York....

Yankees...

BOOOO BOOOOOO

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the yankees. They are pure evil. :) yup pure evil. :o

BOOOO BOOOOOO

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the yankees. They are pure evil. :) yup pure evil. :o

I seem to recall you criticizing another member for saying he "hated" so-and-so. Interesting choice of words for you. Actually, it's a word you seem to like.

I seem to recall you criticizing another member for saying he "hated" so-and-so. Interesting choice of words for you. Actually, it's a word you seem to like.

:lol: when was this? I saw the Vancouver story and I went into a fit of rage. Hence why I can't go into politics, you've seen those Twain parliamentary fist fights? Well that's basically me. lololololol

Blame it on my football years, but I was taught to 'crush' *pounds fists* at all costs, yup I'm a tyrant if you push the right buttons. Shark smelling blood and so on. Only comes out with politics though.

note: massive sarcasm alert. :P

Hey guys, got a Yahoo Fantasy Baseball draft going on today at 430 ET and we are needing some managers.

League ID: 207922

password: jays

Feel free to join up, i think we might have as much as 8 spots available.

(even Sox fans are welcome :P )

Well the Cardinals ain't doin' so great 0-3 got swept

My other teams

Blue Jays- 1-1 doing pretty well almost did the impossible today by coming from 8 behind. Scored 7 in the 8th had the bases loaded with two outs in the ninth.

Mariners- 2-1 shocking, they are actually doing well. Then they got shelled 9-0 today! d'oh! Typical Mariners lol.

still a heart broken Expo fan - aaah how I long for the days of Rusty Staub & Coco Laboy :):P B)

Hope the Jays can mount some kind of a challenge this year - getting sick of the Sox & Yanks buying their way to the top.... :puke:

You just linked to the same thread. :lol:

Jays showed a lot of fight yesterday, almost came all the way back. AJ Burnett is going to have to be a lot better than that in the future.

I was looking forward to some more afternoon baseball today but the game is postponed due to cold weather. :angry:

Jays showed a lot of fight yesterday, almost came all the way back. AJ Burnett is going to have to be a lot better than that in the future.

I was looking forward to some more afternoon baseball today but the game is postponed due to cold weather. :angry:

what? cold weather? :lol::lol::lol:

They obviously haven't seen an indians opening day game or denver spring game in blizzard conditions.

I merged the thread he was talking about with this one.

That's what they get for starting the season the first week in April. All because owners don't want their teams playing double headers. Teams used to play at least a dozen double-headers and started the season at least 2 weeks later and it ended before the middle of November. Baseball is a summer sport, it's stupid that teams begin and end the season in 30 degree weather.

I guess now i should be laughed at. :clap:

:lol: ok now it's done, so let's talk about a potential Kansas City World Series Win HA HA HA HA