2007 MLB Thread

Quebecois

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowd went nuts when Hill broke for home, what an amazing play/call. Of course, if it fails we look stupid....

Hoping for the big sweep tomorrow night, give the Yanks 6 losses in a row and give us some confidence prior to Doc coming back into a rotation that has steadily improved.

Its old news, but what do you guys think of the Arod incident in Toronto (the popfly, not the mystery blonde)

Personally, i think it was poor sportsmanship, and felt really bad for Howie Clark who was in his first game as a Jay. It was overblown because it was Arod, but theres still no need for that type of stuff, i thought that ended with little league to be honest...

but what do you think about his mistress that's the more important issue. How sad has baseball fallen in the public arena when we have to talk about off the field stuff to get the game noticed. MLB is almost to the point Nascar is at where the off the field stuff trumps the actual sporting event.

but what do you think about his mistress that's the more important issue. How sad has baseball fallen in the public arena when we have to talk about off the field stuff to get the game noticed. MLB is almost to the point Nascar is at where the off the field stuff trumps the actual sporting event.

what the hell are you talking about? Maybe you only notice baseball for the off the field stuff, but the on the field stuff is pretty popular. Teams are filling up the stadiums and games get good ratings. Perhaps E! only notices the off the field stuff, but baseball owns a very significant portion of the sports consciousness.

the ah-ha moment? yeah heard about it.

:clap: thanks for the update.

Its old news, but what do you guys think of the Arod incident in Toronto (the popfly, not the mystery blonde)

Personally, i think it was poor sportsmanship, and felt really bad for Howie Clark who was in his first game as a Jay. It was overblown because it was Arod, but theres still no need for that type of stuff, i thought that ended with little league to be honest...

kinda silly, it definitely seemed childish, but Clark has to catch that ball. I hope A-Rod was trying that just to screw with the new guy who was probably nervous as hell.

Edited by simonus
clarity

what the hell are you talking about? Maybe you only notice baseball for the off the field stuff, but the on the field stuff is pretty popular. Teams are filling up the stadiums and games get good ratings. Perhaps E! only notices the off the field stuff, but baseball owns a very significant portion of the sports consciousness.

:clap: thanks for the update.

kinda silly, it definitely seemed childish, but Clark has to catch that ball. I hope A-Rod was trying that just to screw with the new guy who was probably nervous as hell.

Really? Where is the life blood of all american sports? On the radio. What do they talk about the most? Kobe saying he wants to be traded, A-rod with the mistress, baseball and roids and everything that goes on off the field with balco barry.

Just like Nascar. With where is Dale going? Tony gets angry again. And now with the IRL and Danica throwing a hissy fit.

Its not about the on the field results. Off the field stuff have taken more importance.

Really? Where is the life blood of all american sports? On the radio.

I don't know if I buy into your premise, especially without any backing docs.

I seem to remember lots of people complaining that the entire sports landscape is dominated by yankees/sox....

radio is the lifeblood of American sports? maybe in the 1930s, but a little thing called TV took over a long time ago...

Of course on the radio they talk about mostly controversial stuff, especially during the middle of a lengthy season. Baseball is as popular as ever, and has a very strong foothold as the number 2 sport in the USA. To think otherwise is pretty absurd in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Jays McGowan took a no-no into the 9th, ended up with a nice one hitter.

I think we might be finally primed for a role, with Thomas pounding the ball and Wells showing some of the power that has been absent all season, i think we can still get into the mix of things in the wildcard race. Our top 4 starting pitchers are starting to really shape up nicely now too.

got a long way though 6 games out from the wild card.

How's the big hurt? He looks like he's enjoying his stay in Toronto.

So far Thomas has been a big dissapointment in my opinion. Although the last few days or a week he has really stepped it up...lets hope he can keep it going.