6 TAMPA BAY           88 pts, 4 games left
7 NY RANGERS          87 pts, 5 games left
8 MONTREAL            86 pts, 4 games left
------------------
9 TORONTO             85 pts, 5 games left
10 NY ISLANDERS       84 pts, 5 games left
11 CAROLINA           84 pts, 4 games left

AFTER TONIGHT

6 TAMPA BAY           90 pts, 3 games left    (+2pts, -1 game)
7 NY RANGERS          89 pts, 4 games left   (+2pts, -1 game)
8 MONTREAL            88 pts, 3 games left   (+2pts, -1 game)
------------------
9 TORONTO             87 pts, 4 games left   (+2 pts, -1 game)
10 NY ISLANDERS       84 pts, 4 games left   (-1 game)

Starting to look like NYI and CAR won't catch up. Are we out of the woods yet? Nope, need Toronto to lose and Habs to keep pace.

It just might come down to the game one week from today... Wow.

Edited by Cataclaw

You know, Nick Kypreos made the prediction at the beginning of the year that the final game between the Habs and Leafs would decide who goes to the playoffs.

Everyone called him an idiot at that time, but his prediction is closer to being correct than incorrect at this point.

You know, Nick Kypreos made the prediction at the beginning of the year that the final game between the Habs and Leafs would decide who goes to the playoffs.

Everyone called him an idiot at that time, but his prediction is closer to being correct than incorrect at this point.

And what's amazing is the possibility of a OT/SO game that sees toronto winning and TYING the habs, but the Habs squeaking through with more wins to break the tie!

Wouldn't that be something... I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope Habs crush the Leafe 7-1 next saturday.

And what's amazing is the possibility of a OT/SO game that sees toronto winning and TYING the habs, but the Habs squeaking through with more wins to break the tie!

Wouldn't that be something... I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope Habs crush the Leafe 7-1 next saturday.

Me too. There schedule is suddenly not that tough. Philly and the Isles without Dipietro...

BEFORE TONIGHT

6 TAMPA BAY           88 pts, 4 games left
7 NY RANGERS          87 pts, 5 games left
8 MONTREAL            86 pts, 4 games left
------------------
9 TORONTO             85 pts, 5 games left
10 NY ISLANDERS       84 pts, 5 games left

AFTER TONIGHT

6 TAMPA BAY           90 pts, 3 games left    (+2pts, -1 game)
7 NY RANGERS          89 pts, 4 games left   (+2pts, -1 game)
8 MONTREAL            88 pts, 3 games left   (+2pts, -1 game)
------------------
9 TORONTO             87 pts, 4 games left   (+2 pts, -1 game)
10 NY ISLANDERS       84 pts, 4 games left   (-1 game)

Starting to look like NYI and CAR won't catch up. Are we out of the woods yet? Nope, need Toronto to lose and Habs to keep pace.

It just might come down to the game one week from today... Wow.

If Habs/Leafs both clear the deck into Saturday and the Rangers win their other game

the standings will look like this going into the final game:

7 TORONTO 93 pts

8 MONTREAL 92 pts

9 NY RANGERS 92 pts

Habs need to clear out the schedule. If they lose to NY or Toronto they are probably finished.

That point was huge for the Leafs tonight. Montreal holds the tiebreak, so going into the final game with a 2 point lead would have been a clinch. No such luck :(

Awesome job by the Habs tonight beating the top team in the NHL! :clap:

I'm going back to Canada for Easter break and will be able to watch the game of the year! Wow, do I look forward to that matchup! The winner will probably grab the 8th spot.

Man did we ruin the Islanders, everything was going great then Begin takes out Dipietro, they fall out of the playoffs and now that big trade for smyth is looking more and more disasterous.

I sorta feel bad for them, but if they don't beat the leafs I will curse their name!

excellant game tonight. it was good to see koviu with an excellant jump and read on his goal. wonderful to see laps and kovy hook up. and great to see the team keep pace with buffalo when it counted. I won't be holding my breath anymore, finally I can breath.

the other teams could help our cause specially tomorrows game with the leafs vs. the rangers. I'm going to be jumping on the ny bandwagon for one game, go rangers go!

finally, feel like this is the kind of habs team that can make it into the playoffs and get past the first round.

GO HABS GO!

We needed at least 2pts this weekend and we somehow got em, not we face 2 must wins tuesday and thursday to set ourselves up

KOIVU BON FAN LE TIR ET LE BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!