Coderre sue Doan for Defamation

JoeLassister

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/226558.html

I told you guys : The Shane Doan incident with a french lineman just before Olympics in Turin didn't pass unnoticed...

Many of you said : I'd like Doan to play with the :hlogo: no one remember or care about this incident.

But don't forget, we live in the only french area of the whole America, many people still boooing Prospal for having called Brisebois a frog about... 5 years ago or something.

I posted the same thread in the french section.

the real problem is there still racism in this league. however, I don't think that the league sees it the same way.

if it was doan calling another player a frog...hey its trash talk. but it was a player calling on an higher authotity and the league didn't do anything. thats the issue I have on the subject.

as for coderre, I think he should mind his onw business

True. Does it really prevent him from sleeping at night?

I think the whole idea is just for it to get media attention. Not so that people will learn his name, but more so that he can defame Doan back.

Okay, so let me see if I got this right.

Denis Coderre is suing Shane Doan for defamation, because he may or may not have used an ethnic slur against a linesman during a hockey game last year.

The question that immediately springs to mind is this:

HOW THE NAME OF HELL DID DOAN DEFAME CODERRE BY ALLEGEDLY USING AN INSULT TOWARDS A THIRD PARTY?

And some wonder why the two most maligned professions on earth are lawyer and politician.

The question that immediately springs to mind is this:

HOW THE NAME OF HELL DID DOAN DEFAME CODERRE BY ALLEGEDLY USING AN INSULT TOWARDS A THIRD PARTY?

And some wonder why the two most maligned professions on earth are lawyer and politician.

there were words exchanged between both of them. Doan first sued coderre .

You should listen to an episode of 110%, now there's some defamation of the english "race". By the way, my Quebecois neighbor and I, two white guys, thought we were members of the same race, guess not. As for Mr. Coderre, if $1 of tax-payer money is spent on a complete waste of time defamation suit, than he should be removed from his position immediately.

By the way, my Quebecois neighbor and I, two white guys, thought we were members of the same race, guess not.

In French, the definition of "racism" is expansive and doesn't limit itself to skin color. Think ethnicity at large, rather than just skin tone.

You should listen to an episode of 110%, now there's some defamation of the english "race".

Pretty much, its not like french people are perfect either and never have a disparaging word to say about english speakers.

I posted the same thread in the french section.

the real problem is there still racism in this league. however, I don't think that the league sees it the same way.

if it was doan calling another player a frog...hey its trash talk. but it was a player calling on an higher authotity and the league didn't do anything. thats the issue I have on the subject.

as for coderre, I think he should mind his onw business

NHL right?

Racial stereotypes are sadly here to stay in sports.

My high school football team destroyed and I mean DESTROYED the competition because most of the teams we played were all white.

It was like payback for segregation and slavery. We were vicious. We tried to kill people out there, I blew a kids knee out in anger, just because he said something racist before the start of the play.

So have I committed crimes against sports. Yup. I picked up a kid kicked and threw him into the bleachers during a basketball game, started a fist fight. lol that got me ejected and suspended for 2 games.

I've seen this pattern affectively getting worse in sports. Look at Europe and football hooliganism. People now vent on society's ils on the playing field or rink.

Do I think that's right? no.

But its becoming a sad fact of life.

The idea of that sports are this fantasy of everybody play hard and then go to the pub afterward together and be merry is a falsehood.

Look at the Quebec and Montreal rivalry in hockey. Somehow the Quebec team was labeled the soviergntist team and Montreal represented the federalists.

Or in Europe Celtics vs. Rangers. Protestants vs. Catholics.

Sports plays on emotion, and emotion can bring out the best and worst in society.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/226558.html

I told you guys : The Shane Doan incident with a french lineman just before Olympics in Turin didn't pass unnoticed...

Many of you said : I'd like Doan to play with the :hlogo: no one remember or care about this incident.

But don't forget, we live in the only french area of the whole America, many people still boooing Prospal for having called Brisebois a frog about... 5 years ago or something.

sort of a case of you sue me and mine & i'll sue you back,

GO :hlogo: GO!