Claude Julien Fired

MAK

Successfull year for the Devils with 102 points thus far....they also won 4 of their last 5 games.

Brodeur just said on CKAC that the players where shocked by the news, that no one saw it coming and

that no players had any kind of friction with Julien,...........they where asked to respect Lamoriello's's decision.

I cant help myself to wish Lou's team thought luck for the playoffs.

Maybe he's pulling a Gainey? Bringing himself in to evaluate the team in order to make some changes in the off-season? If I'm not mistaken, Jersey has some cap problems.

That, or Lou is hoping Robinson comes back?

Maybe he's pulling a Gainey? Bringing himself in to evaluate the team in order to make some changes in the off-season? If I'm not mistaken, Jersey has some cap problems.

That, or Lou is hoping Robinson comes back?

or maybe burns. I heard he's doing really well.

Poor Julien.

Although i never did like the guy all that much (something about him rubbed me the wrong way) i have to say he's had a lot of misfortune when it comes to his job. Montreal gave him the axe a little over a year ago, now he's out of a job once again, and this, despite his presumably good work (NJ is having a greast season).

Oh well. :(

No I do not think Burns or Robinson will be behind the bench. It will be Lou.

As for the interview with brodeur he was really avoiding the questions just asking for people to respect the decision.

Someting stinks.

What a dick move by Lamoriello. Simply unnacaeptable. If I was a coach I would tell him to *** himself if he asked me to coach his team from now on.

Burns doesn't seem like the kind of guy who take the job from a guy who was fired for no obvious reason. Plus I think his contract expired, and Julien was never described as an interim coach. Lou is just being Lou.

Did Julien come to practice with 5 o'clock shadow?

If you're a coach and Lou Lamoriello calls you up in June and asks you to interview for the vacant coaching job, do you really want to take it?

In Robbie Ftorek's case, they were on top of their division with nine games left to go when they fired him, the reason being that Lou didn't like the way they were playing. Apparently not everyone was asleep by the second period. Yeah, they won the Cup that year, but it wasn't exactly an underdog team. Now this is the second time he's fired his very successful coach with a handful of games left in the season.

We all know that Lou likes things done in a specific way, and anyone who doesn't tow the line in that regard is evidently dealt with in a very definite manner. His (in)famous "no facial hair" rule which applies to every employee in the organization, from players to office staff, is seen as the prime example of just how much control he has, and how much power he weilds in the Meadowlands. But I wonder if this could backfire on him, and could end up costing Lou his own job. Under previous ownership, Lou was given free reign. How will the current ownership react to this change behind the bench? Lou almost has to win it all now. Robinson doing it was one thing, but Lou didn't get very far in the playoffs last season. And I'm not sure that a finals appearance will suffice. It could be all or none for Lou.

Lamierello has carte blanche in New Jersey. He is going nowhere and if the organization is dumb enough to fire him..he will be unemployed for a couple of seconds.

Lou runs the show, was it a dick move? Maybe. But who is to say.

The Devils were a joke and LL has turned them into a perennial powerhouse.

It was a dick move to fire Ftorek and they won the Cup. If he did not like the dressing room

dynamic, or did not like the way they are playing and the Stanley Cup is your goal and not

100 point seasons who says it was a bad move.

We will know in 2-3 months. Lou has proven he knows how to push the right buttons in the last 15 years.

There is a method to his madness I am sure.

I think Brodeur makes Lamierello look good. He has had cap trouble and keeps losing good coaches.

He is good at screwing with the rules and he is not bad at player selection and keeping his core together, but he has the top goalie in the league. Makes it easy to be a top team year after year.

There are only two reasonable explanations that fit such a late move like this ( at least in my head)

Julien asked for more money and a longer contract (reported as false by TSN and still no reason to fire him now)

or a player/ LL's wife is involved.

This smells of a hatred kinda thing.

Wow I feel terrible for Claude. Someone above mentioned how tough it might be for the Devils to hire a coach but i think this was to setup a possible return from Pat Burns next season. Last I heard he was doing okay and if Claude had've suceeded in the playoffs it would have made it even tougher to fire him after the season...

As some of you might know I am writing an article about Doug Jarvis for the local paper (should be published in a couple weeks). Anyways i was speaking with a relative of his today and Doug phoned the relative last night and all he had to say was "This is a crazy business". I thought that put it best...

A surprising move but I trust Lamoriello knows what he's doing. With Lou behind the bench, facing New Jersey becomes that much scarier.

just heard on the radio. source was pierre mcguire

holy crap !! the last time lamoriello did that , they won the cup .

now I really wish they get the boot in the 1st round.

tsn

i know we aren't flies in the wall of the devils inner sanctum but, as far as most people can see this decision borders on the ridiculous...

GO :hlogo: GO!

on tv, i just heard that lamoriello's comments about the firing were "we weren't going in the right direction as a team"

right direction? what the heck was wrong with their record? their recent record has been strong also...

maybe, as jacques demers said, since lamoriello IS the devils (it seems that he even chooses the sticks the players will use...) that he's become a sort of 'god' in his universe...

lou-god may have shown himself to be very fallible with this move...

not to hope bad stuff for him, in a way, i hope that this will turn out a very bad move for him... bring him back to earth so to speak...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Last night, like I do from time to time, I listened to Ron Fournier on CKAC. Question the source all you want, I sure do. But, he suggests, from his sources, that John Madden called Julien a "fat f**k" in front of the whole team. Apparently Julien "turtled" and didn't do anything about it. The story goes that Julien, because of this, basically lost some of his veteran players. There was further talk that Scott Gomez said he would not return next season if Julien was still coach. Don't kill me, the messenger. Maybe I should have put this in the rumour section because I question Fournier's credibility.