• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the best things that can be said about the first period;

Halak settled down after a goal he should have had

They stayed out of the penalty box

add some very close calls by the canadiens... the only 'close' call for the rangers was the goal itself...

GO :hlogo: GO!

www.sopcast.com/player/index.jsp#

I'm not sure if that's the direct link but look at the list it's ID# 22078 Channel: NHL Name NYR/MTL

You're all welcome....

P.S.

Get the #@$@#@ goal back!!!

Thank You, you just put a smile on my face.

I hope the Habs will do the same also.

Not a very good period by any means. The Habs look very flat out there. Hardly saw one good pass made. The Rangers seemed to have the puck the whole period. Gotta get going soon. A shaky first goal by Halak, but he was solid after.

i'm confident that they will...

i doubt that they'll blow lundqvist out of the game again but they'll come back...

Let's not panic, this team hardly ever puts together three strong periods.

I hesitate to point out that what's gone down so far - i.e., leafs dominate, Habs come out flat - is exactly in line with my argument in the 'Somewhat worried about Toronto' thread: namely, that the Leafs are a blood and guts team and that the Habs, collectively, are an unreliable mental patient of a team. :( That's precisely why I'm terrified of Saturday night and precisely why we need to WIN THIS $#%&^&$##^ GAME!!!!!!

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Well, Montreal's best period has been the second... so... we'll see.

Horrible ice. I think I saw some lion dung on the ice during the first faceoff.

O.K

Call me crazy but this is what I think.

Carbo likes to start the team slow for a few reasons.

1. Keep shots to the outside and conserve energy.

2. Get a grip on the other teams game plan and don't give away ours. Simply ...they don't play the real game plan for the first period.

3. Evaluate the opposition during intermission and in the second period unleash desperate speed with a definite plan to beat the opposing teams game and knock them out while they are already tiring out.

Kind of like chess and boxing at the same time. This plan could backfire but just watch this teams legs get going almost at the drop of the puck in the second.

Guys,

Let me know if the link works......

Thanks

Working fine, but it took me a while to figure out( I am ssllooww with my computer). It brightened up my day. i was looking forward to watching the game all day, but when I got home, the channel that always shows the Rangers games, had the Sabers on tonight. Needless to say, I was not happy. Had to call my friends and tell them not to come over, no game.

Thanks again.

Let's not panic, this team hardly ever puts together three strong periods.

I hesitate to point out that what's gone down so far - i.e., leafs dominate, Habs come out flat - is exactly in line with my argument in the 'Somewhat worried about Toronto' thread: namely, that the Leafs are a blood and guts team and that the Habs, collectively, are an unreliable mental patient of a team. :( That's precisely why I'm terrified of Saturday night and precisely why we need to WIN THIS $#%&^&$##^ GAME!!!!!!

Georges Vezina, you (IMO) give those idiots TOO MUCH CREDIT

O.K

2. Get a grip on the other teams game plan and don't give away ours. Simply ...they don't play the real game plan for the first period.

3. Evaluate the opposition during intermission and in the second period unleash desperate speed with a definite plan to beat the opposing teams game and knock them out while they are already tiring out.

Kind of like chess and boxing at the same time. This plan could backfire but just watch this teams legs get going almost at the drop of the puck in the second.

i suppose....

as to the backfiring, it's possible...

bottom line, we'll see...

O.K

umm... yeah... I don't think blowing in the first period is a good game strategy

It's all over, there is no way that we will score 2 goals on Lundqvist. It is just not possible.

Game over boys!!!!

:lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

good one...