Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Rangers de New York | 04/05/07

Spider-Man NL

Another plus Saku got his 50th assist (ties career high) and his 72nd point(new career high)

Congrats Saku

True!

Congrats Koivu!

Two records broken on one night. At least Habs have some consolation.. also Huet was sharp, will he start Saturday?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isles win 5-2

Showdown on Saturday night!!!

Bouillon-Tucker III

that's definitely the case... take the body and skate like the devil's at your back...

also, it'll be STAY AWAY FROM THE PENALTY BOX AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE - they do have kaberle & McCabe - the two most dangerous players on that team (except maybe for wellwood & a hot sundin)

GO :hlogo: GO!

omfg Saturday Night Showdown in Toronto.. it really doesn't get any better than this for regular season. This game WILL go down in history.

Nope, if we get a single point on Saturday the Isles are out, we lose in regulation we are out reguardless.

Uh, nope. They are two points behind us, with two games to play. If we get one point, and they run the table, we're playing golf.

Watch them lose Saturday..I predict 4-1 laffs and the habs come out flat and get behind the 8-ball early. But let's keep Carbo and watch this all over again next year.

So we'll have to cheer for the Devils on Sunday.. I dont think we can count on Philly :lol:

Well the better win and come out flying Saturday. I have tickets to that game down low as well I wonder what I could get for them if I trade down to worse seats.

Not true. Isles have 2 remaining games and could reach 92 points. We lose in OT and we only have 91...

we lose in overtime, toronto's out & we're in... doesn't matter about the islanders... whether they make it or not...

we lose in overtime, toronto's out & we're in... doesn't matter about the islanders... whether they make it or not...

Not sure what you're trying to say? Eliminating the leafs is the goal? Cuz on sunday afternoon, it's possible Isles eliminate us.

Watch them lose Saturday..I predict 4-1 laffs and the habs come out flat and get behind the 8-ball early. But let's keep Carbo and watch this all over again next year.

you know... when summer comes, it'll be comments like this which i definitely won't miss

I know I was negative. Strange of me really. Tonight was one of those: "LeClair comes back to the Forum as a Flyer for the 1st time" nights. This type of feeling doesn't happen often at all but I do admit that a lackluster sombre feeling is still present.

Not a memorable night for the ol' AC

Not sure what you're trying to say? Eliminating the leafs is the goal? Cuz on sunday afternoon, it's possible Isles eliminate us.

ok... thanks...

So we'll have to cheer for the Devils on Sunday.. I dont think we can count on Philly :lol:

I'd actually like the Isles to win on Saturday afternoon cause:

(1) the Habs play better when their neck is on the line; they won't just be playing for a tie (only to see the Leafs score a fluke goal just before game's end)

(2) the Leafs don't just make the playoffs by beating us.....they'd need help from NJ......which might deflate them even before the game starts (a win in regular time would still not be enough)

.....jmo

(1) the Habs play better when their neck is on the line; they won't just be playing for a tie (only to see the Leafs score a fluke goal just before game's end)

(2) the Leafs don't just make the playoffs by beating us.....they'd need help from NJ......which might deflate them even before the game starts (a win in regular time would still not be enough)

.....jmo

hmmm........... both of us outside looking in??? wow...

HW Game Recap: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1407

Well, at least we're not out. Montreal needs a single point Saturday to clinch a playoff spot. However, a clear-cut win would be much sweeter.

that seems to be greatly debated by some of us... see some of the previous posts on this issue (above this one)...

me, i'm confused but confident that it won't be an issue with the canadiens win on saturday...

that seems to be greatly debated by some of us... see some of the previous posts on this issue (above this one)...

me, i'm confused but confident that it won't be an issue with the canadiens win on saturday...

You're correct. Should the Islanders win both their games, they would be ahead of us by a single point. Hmm, seems I was stuck on the idea of both Montreal and Toronto winning their games, then the situation I mentioned would be true.

.....jmo

Which habs team have you been watching all season? A big game, against a big rival, national TV.. I can't remember a decent game played by them yet this season.

The Habs had a huge game tonight and laid another egg. I have far more confidence in Toronto coming out hard on Saturday on home ice. I fully expect the Habs to play their patented "sit back afraid to lose until they are 2 goals behind" strategy....

Unless Raycroft sucks, or by some miracle the Habs get lots of PP on Saturday, I would say they have about a 25 percent chance of beating the leafs...

What's going on? Why are people confused?

Isles have 88, and even if they win their last two, Montreal holds the tie-breaker.

To be clear once and for all for those who don't know:

Montreal wins saturday, they're in the playoffs. Point final.