Game Thread | Toronto vs Montreal | FINAL SHOWDOWN | 07/05/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...

Ok, put aside the dissapointment. It's bound to happen when you cheer for a sports team. You don't have any power of it. But you've GOT to feel somehow grateful to have been given something this dramatic to witness. Habs go out, but it's been in a bang, in one hell of a roller-coaster game. It seems as if this was written by Hollywood.

Wow... this was History right there. We ended up on the wrong side of it, but it was still something awesome to watch.

Anyway... season's over. :(

:clap:

Thank you Mr Carbonneau. It's too bad the penalties ruined the game. However, in even strength Paul Maurice totally outcoached Carbo, the Leafs had a system in the first period canadians had none. Thanks to great individual play by Ryder the Canadians came back. However Carbo was clueless.His insistence on relying on players like Begin and Latendresse and Dandenault to go to war for him cost him the season. Great move having Kovalev play with young blood like Lapierre and Latandresse. They may turn out to be decent NHL'ers in 3-4 years not now. The Crystal wall shattered. Carbo destroyed this team's confidence at Xmas and he never let go.

Edited by Strummerman

Sorry, I just find it amusing that your one word isn't even a word. :lol:

OOps, I guess the frustration make me forget my english

To blame the refs is ridiculous. The penalties were penalties. The players have been taking stupid penalties all year long. STOP making excuses, blame the lazy, gutless players who only play hard for 10-20 minutes a night.

I told everyone all year this team was lazy, gutless, soft and lacked leadership and gues what i was right.

How do you give up 45 shots in the most imporatant game of the year?

The D zone was pathetic all year, and it bit them again. This is the worst D team i have seen in years. How many times did they get a chance to clear and couldn't.

I'll say it again:

Eject the core.

Need atleast 3 new D.

Just Buy aout samsonov and kovalev.

I'm hoping for an Isander win.

Let's hope the draft and off season is a good one.

Carbo is quite possibly the worst coach in the league.

He has no idea how to coach against a system and refuses to put in a system that works. The team gets a lead and just sits back until they lose it then have to turn it on again then sit back. It's ridiculous.

I thought he would be a good coach, but he is clearly very good assistant coach but an awful head coach.

searching for things to make this night right... booze? drugs? Not sure either of that can wipe this crap out of my mind. Just painful to be a fan of this team right now.

On the plus side I suppose it could be worse, we could all be Flyers or Blackhawk fans...

I live in the GTA....I don't need this.

ouch ... sorry man!

Thank you Mr Carbonneau. It's too bad the penalties ruined the game. However, in even strength Paul Maurice totally outcoached Carbo, the Leafs had a system in the first period canadians had none. Thanks to great individual play by Ryder the Canadians came back. However Carbo was clueless.His insistence on relying on players like Begin and Latendresse and Dandenault to go to war on him cost him the season. Great move having Kovalev play with young blood like Lapierre and Latandresse. They may turn out to be decent NHL'ers in 3-4 years not now. The Crystal wall shattered. Carbo destroyed this team's confidence at Xmas and he never let go.

:?- :?- :?- :?-

I'm not going to blame Carbeau ; he is not supposed to be on the ice

He wasn't a bad rookie coach, and tried everything : hone the ego of his "stars", trying different lines to please Mr Kovalev, he was patient with Abby and Samsonov ; on top of that, how many times did he warn his players about stupid penalties : "guys, we have to avoud bad penalties, guys..." do they listen? not so sure

Leafs = Cubs, lovable losers.

:puke:

not really - clearly, you mustn't know any Maples fans.

losers ---> yes

lovable ---> no

New Jersy this is for you.....I hate you and you hate everyone who likes exciting hockey but...tommorrow you deserve to take the day off. Just sit back relax, play your rookies. Let your backup start and maybe don't ev en play with sticks! Practice drills when you are killing penalties, let the guys on the bench leave and get the team nachos and beers. Seriously you deserve it. :)

First of all....I am officially declaring myself a non-MTL canadiens fan anymore until Guy Carbonneau is no longer the head coach...82 games watched religiously

All for Nothing....

1) where was Saku and Kovalev tonight? Nowhere to be found...I think both deserve to be shipped to Siberia

2) Guy Carbonneau should go kill himself...he doesn't know what hes doing behind the bench

3) Bob Gainey is mentally ######ed for not going out and getting a big name centre at the trade deadline

4) For all of you who said have faith in the kids....children are the future my f*cking ass, let them develop in the AHL

5) Tonight really revealed Carbonneau's inability to coach...putting out ROOKIES in the 3rd, while giving the veterans minimal time out there (kostitsyn as an extra attacker as well....like what the F....the guy had how many goals in the past 10 games?)

6) moving perezhogin to the first line.....is that a joke?

7) Putting all of the weight into Huet's lap was ridiculous...he let in 3 softies, which 2 of 3 would have most likely been saved?

Anyways, not going to vent anymore...Guy Carbonneau coaching and BG= garbage....Fact or truth? Both....Truth hurts. See ya everyone...talk to you all in 20"" when the Canadiens get some real coaching

Hey Guess what?

Remember my 3 fearless perdictions:

!. Half of you will blame the coach

2. The other half of you would balme goaltending

3. The habs would lay an egg.

Guess what? I'm right on that one too.

Please, can any one other then myself blame the lazy slug players who don't do anything night after night.

:?- :?- :?- :?-

I'm not going to blame Carbeau ; he is not supposed to be on the ice

He wasn't a bad rookie coach, and tried everything : hone the ego of his "stars", trying different lines to please Mr Kovalev, he was patient with Abby and Samsonov ; on top of that, how many times did he warn his players about stupid penalties : "guys, we have to avoud bad penalties, guys..." do they listen? not so sure

I sorta agree on that one, the stupid penalties were not his fault. Besides, our special teams were our strength all year.