Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff... it's the first time the team I'm routing for wins the Cup, hahaha.

I'm just glad they dropped the "Mighty" prior to this season, :D. Don't need that on the cup.

oh boy would that have looked sad and pathetic on the cup.

Only person outside of the arena in Anaheim is Bettman. Because this is what he wanted, low ratings, hockey non-existent, and teams most of the country has never heard of winning the stanley cup.

cheers gary! For ruining the game.

You've turned the sport into what boxing is now, non-existent.

who bets Emilio Estevez is happy and shows up at the parade in the parking lot to the stadium. Since if it wasn't for his movie this team wouldn't exist.

Edited by Pierre the Great

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

By the way, anyone else find it kind of interesting that both games ended 6-2?

Canada cries and nobody in the states lift a finger to notice.

Wow the state of the nhl is in horrid shape

I'm not crying. :P

Totally is for me!!!

WOOOHOOOO

Wooo SELANNE!!! Im happy for him the most!

Same here, he really deserved it.

Canada cries and nobody in the states lift a finger to notice.

Wow the state of the nhl is in horrid shape

Nobody I know is crying??????

i'm crying. Then again I'm the leader of the Missouri Chapter of the TOTRGBFBCOTNHLTSH which is The Organization to remove Gary Bettman from being commissioner of the National Hockey League to save hockey

Shouldn't it be "...in order to save hockey?"

when did they replace the cup? Looks brand new.

You've got to be kidding me. You think they just went out and replaced the Stanley Cup? When you use a shining agent and rub it around with a cloth, metal looks like new. Who knew?

You've got to be kidding me. You think they just went out and replaced the Stanley Cup? When you use a shining agent and rub it around with a cloth, metal looks like new. Who knew?

well they do actually have like 5 cups. The real one is in Toronto at the Hall of Fame. The ones the teams win are clones.

Edited by Pierre the Great

well they do actually have like 5 cups. The real one is in Toronto at the Hall of Fame. The ones the teams win are clones.

There are three: The original cup, the current cup that has been awarded since 1963, and the fake at the Hall of Fame that is displayed while the real Cup is with the winning team. The one they give out isn't fake, it's the second incarnation. It's the same one that Richard, Beliveau, and Lafleur hoisted so many times. Only part of it is new, because last year they took off an old band and put on a new one for Carolina, and now Anaheim, and then 11 more winners.

Bet it pisses conservative NHL fans off to no end that another Southern team wins it. THat's, what, three in a row? Tampa Bay, Carolina and now Anaheim.

We all know the only reason the Ducks won it is because Alfie and the other stupid Sens touched the Prince of Wales trophy. Maybe next time they will have learned the lesson.

Seriously though, up until Alfredsson shot the puck at the wrong Niedermayer I was rooting for the Sens to win it, but it's hard to say the Ducks was not the better team. Alfie was among a precious few Sens who played to his full potential in this series. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Fisher. Maybe if the other Sens had done their part they could have won it. What the Sens didn't have in the finals was Heatley and Spezza playing as well as they did earlier in the playoffs. And of course Emery stinking up the place.

It's hard to win if your opponents don't even have to put the puck in the net and instead you do it for them. They should just tie Emery to the posts Mighty Ducks style; he'd be less of a hazard that way. Also, like someone said, their defensive play in the neutral and offensive zones didn't exactly help them them win the game (which reminded me of the previous game).

I too think this was a team effort by the Ducks. I am not as impressed with Giguere as many others seem to be. I think he's been good, but not Conn Smythe good. He does have weaknesses. Still I was a bit surprised the awarded Nidermayer with the Conn Smythe, but at least they didn't give it to Pronger.

I'm sorta glad it's over and we can all get back to normal now. I hope the GM's and the Board of Governors do something about the headshots for next season. Punks like Pronger and Neil and Schubert shouldn't be allowed to get away with all that shit.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Said it (anaheim for the Cup) on October 5th. Thank you thank you.

prove it !!

It's a dark day for Kings fans :(

1. The Ducks won the cup before the Kings

2. I now have to hear a bunch of crap from bandwagon Ducks fans and crappy turncoat Kings fans about it.

Ugh ! :angry:

Oh btw, way to go Bryan Murray ... way to do a bunch of great drafting while you were GM of the Ducks only to bolt to coach Ottawa so you'd have a better chance to win the cup only to see your former team prevent you from getting it. :o

stupid Sens touched the Prince of Wales trophy.

Yeah, I remember they were touching it while the Ducks just left the Campbell completely alone. Don't touch it. Edmonton, Calgary and now Ottawa touched the conference trophy. See a pattern here?

So, PTG are you going to cheer for Canada's other team tonight? You'd better or else I'll employ sarcasm, banter, parody, hyperbole or even irony on you. :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Yeah, I remember they were touching at and the Ducks just left the Campbell completely alone. Don't touch it. Edmonton, Calgary and now Ottawa touched the conference trophy. See a pattern here?

Ducks and Carolina touched it in '03 and '04 too.

prove it !!

get the admin comes up with the old thread about predictions and stuff like that. No matter what, i took Anaheim in my 2 fantasy pools.

Or Pierre, I might even use even nonsensism :D

get the admin comes up with the old thread about predictions and stuff like that. No matter what, i took Anaheim in my 2 fantasy pools.

When did you type it JoeLassiter? You should be able to google it (you'd have to remember and use key words specific to that quote) or you can click on your username and review old posts to find.