2 face rivet

hab29RETIRED

Anyone read Rivet's interview with a SJ writer, where he pretty much trashes montreal? This is the same clown who went on and on about what a great place montreal is to play. One month later and suddenly montreal is to much of a pressure cooker and not a fun place to play. :angry:

Yeah, I read it as well. He wasn't really trashing Montreal but still. He was clearly implying that playing in San Jose was much much more fun than playing in Montreal. It sucks to hear that especially from a guy in contact with Marleau. :(

Yeah, I read it as well. He wasn't really trashing Montreal but still. He was clearly implying that playing in San Jose was much much more fun than playing in Montreal. It sucks to hear that especially from a guy in contact with Marleau. :(

Ya...all I was thinking was 'i hope no UFA's see this' lol

It's propaganda. It's a writer who writes for a San Jose paper, it should be expected that he makes SJ look good.

I'm a big Rivet fan and I really dislike (hate is too strong a word) all the anti-Rivet press coming from even the Gazette at this point.

In my opinion, Rivet deserves every opportunity he gets in SJ. Gainey certainly did him a kind thing in moving him to a team with a shot at the Cup.

Anyway, Rivet's allegiance is to the Sharks now. I mean, he's on their team so he's not about to go and say anything about another city being better than the one he's currently playing for. That'd be suicide, lol.

Fans and media never made it easy on Rivet during the last few years, even though he gives all he has every shift and every game. It's surprising that he hasn't said worse things, if anything.

He's not the first to say it either. Many players have been relieved to leave the pressure cooker that Montreal is and have expressed it over the years. Ribeiro being the last to say something prior to Rivet.

Sorry if this is somewhat of a mini rant... just feel there are too many ready to crucify and too few willing to stand up for the guy who bled bleu-blanc-rouge for 12 years.

I did not think what he said was all that bad,

Some of it made no sense either.

Rivet talked about clearing the ice/snow off his car, when I am pretty sure he would have had underground or covered parking. I think the story is a bit exaggerated.

I did not think what he said was all that bad,

Some of it made no sense either.

Rivet talked about clearing the ice/snow off his car, when I am pretty sure he would have had underground or covered parking. I think the story is a bit exaggerated.

Yeah, excatly, hahaha. I mean common, who thinks cleaning snow off your car is the end of the world? I doubt the way that quote was taken out of proportion was what Rivet meant.

Maybe taking snow off a car sounds horrible to someone who doesn't deal with snow nine months of the year, you know, like someone who lives and works in the San Jose area? Someone like a reporter you might say. :P

Exaggerated...yes.

Some truth...definitely!

I am glad Rivet never trashed the Habs they way he could have after leaving. He knows ALOT about the inner workings of this team and could have spilled all the beans. Its no secret that Montreal is a tough city to play in, thats all he said. I wish him all the best! Rivet will always consider himself a habs and at least one of the Habs will have a shot at the cup this year! (BTW he played an AWESOME game yesterday...nice G and A).

It is just human nature to tell people what they want to hear. Same thing with Kovalev. Kovy was talking to a Russian journalist, and the questions dealt with comparing Montreal (North America/NHL) with Moscow (Russia/RSL). Player emphasizes the advantages of the locale of the reporter, without bringing up the disadvantages. Not that there aren't significant advantages to living and working in San Jose vs. Montreal. But you can hardly blame Craig Rivet for that fact. I'm amazed at how important a player he has become for the Sharks, however. They were one of the top teams in the NHL before he got there, and you can make a pretty good case that Rivet has been their best player since the trade. :huh:

It is just human nature to tell people what they want to hear. Same thing with Kovalev. Kovy was talking to a Russian journalist, and the questions dealt with comparing Montreal (North America/NHL) with Moscow (Russia/RSL). Player emphasizes the advantages of the locale of the reporter, without bringing up the disadvantages. Not that there aren't significant advantages to living and working in San Jose vs. Montreal. But you can hardly blame Craig Rivet for that fact. I'm amazed at how important a player he has become for the Sharks, however. They were one of the top teams in the NHL before he got there, and you can make a pretty good case that Rivet has been their best player since the trade. :huh:

Rivet was that guy here. Except the smallest fart sent media and fans into a frenzy.Everyone is and was so bent on the little bad things that the good was never seen. I always felt that way. I don't think we stole a first round. pick....Rivet was worth it....to us and the sharks. This is the same sh*t that will chase Souray away if it hasn't already. Montreal's wallet will soon have to open a little wider if they want to compete for UFA'S. So don't bitch when and if Gainey spends a little more then you think he should to get someone of any value this summer.

As far as Rivet's comments. I didn't read the article but he slammed the habs before....slightly...just before he left town.

He said all the good, professional, things and then at the very end stated that he was so happy to finally be going to a team that was in the play-offs and he didn't have to fight to get in, year after year after year.

Let's hope he doesn't bring "I want out ! thoughts into SAKS head" I'm sure Saku will be spending time in Anaheim and SanJose this year.....He just might start to like it.....

Two things:

An intelligent person will realize that there are two sides to every story, and that it is better to look at the silver lining, instead of whinning.

San Jose sounds like a great place to play hockey for all the reasons he outline.

I say, Good luck Rivet! He gave his all when he was here.

Who cares about Ribeiro he is terrible.

He was the only Star player to not have a shot agisnt the Canucks and he and Halpren were the only forwards with over 30 minutes of ice to net get at least 5 shots.

Who cares about Ribeiro he is terrible.

He was the only Star player to not have a shot agisnt the Canucks and he and Halpren were the only forwards with over 30 minutes of ice to net get at least 5 shots.

Hehe, for sure. I was one of the first fans to do a victory dance when he was traded out, lol so I know what you mean.

Still, it's funny that Rivet say's something and now they've got the Ribeiro story out. It's "Everyone Hates Montreal Week" or something :P.

Rivet's earned the right to say what he wants about playing in Montreal. He obviously knows more about it than any other current player, he was a habs for 12 years!

Yeah but it is unprofessional to bad mouth your former team, I just do not like it. You are correct though he can say whatever he wants.

I do not believe most of the negative spin anyways.

Rivet scored again tonight by joining the rush. It's hard to fault him for saying what he said...clearly it's more fun for a D-man to play when he gets to join the rush.