Bell Centre Question

habsfan88

Sold out houses at the Bell started at the very end of the 03-04 pre-lock-out season a little after

the Kovalev acquisition and included the Boston-Tampa Bay series that followed,....otherwise the two seasons folowing the lock-out have been sold-out. The slumping CH kept the Bell full in the second half only because tickets had already been purshased earlier in the season,.......I doubt that fans will be buying season tickets to the same extent than they did prior to this last season.

CH president Boivin's statement of the CH being in a financial position to look at '' super vedette '' was

meanted to stimulate season-ticket sells but I believe that people in MTL knows better and they will hold-on

to see what style of hockey will the team be asked to play next season......I know I would.

Sold out houses at the Bell started at the very end of the 03-04 pre-lock-out season a little after

the Kovalev acquisition and included the Boston-Tampa Bay series that followed,....otherwise the two seasons folowing the lock-out have been sold-out. The slumping CH kept the Bell full in the second half only because tickets had already been purshased earlier in the season,.......I doubt that fans will be buying season tickets to the same extent than they did prior to this last season.

CH president Boivin's statement of the CH being in a financial position to look at '' super vedette '' was

meanted to stimulate season-ticket sells but I believe that people in MTL knows better and they will hold-on

to see what style of hockey will the team be asked to play next season......I know I would.

I disagree...back in the 80s-early 90s, I used to say that the Habs would never be as bad as the Ballard-era Leafs, because the fans would never tolerate it, they'd tear down the building first. But then Reggie Fool and The Human Blueberry showed up, and the Habs went straight down the crapper, and people still kept going. They groused, they bled, they suffered, but they kept going. A garbage edition of the Habs may not sell out every single game, but they'll still make out like gangbusters at the gate, don't you worry.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

A garbage edition of the Habs may not sell out every single game, but they'll still make out like gangbusters at the gate, don't you worry.

Agreed...even if they play this crap system next year and suck ass, I'll still go to one game just so I can hold up a giant "Fire Guy" sign for the cameras.

I disagree...back in the 80s-early 90s, I used to say that the Habs would never be as bad as the Ballard-era Leafs, because the fans would never tolerate it, they'd tear down the building first. But then Reggie Fool and The Human Blueberry showed up, and the Habs went straight down the crapper, and people still kept going. They groused, they bled, they suffered, but they kept going. A garbage edition of the Habs may not sell out every single game, but they'll still make out like gangbusters at the gate, don't you worry.

Well, it's true their attendance didn't tank like it would in a market where hockey wasn't as entrenched, but it did decline. For example, the difference between their 2000-2001 attendance (94.5% capacity) and this season was 47,885 tickets. At, say, $100 a ticket, that's $4.8 million, not including concessions etc. Not an insignificant hit for the owners to take.

Compare that to the Leafs, who sucked much worse than the Habs ever did throughout the 80's, but always sold out.