American Money is now worthless

Pierre the Great

yup not good for me at the moment because I've still got to pay tuition fees in Canadian with American money. But hey, at least I get a tax break on my GST.

Funny thing about being an international student, the papers say BC students get first pick etc. Yet I'll pay canadian taxes and will be in the health care system. lol

Plus the BC government wants me to stay after ward for work or the "perks" of staying wouldn't be so high. (basically if I stay in Canada, which I will, my tuition becomes a tax deductible)

So I'll be more of a PR then a 'guest'.

Relying on a weak dollar (and resulting relatively inferior standard of living) is not a good long term plan, IMO.

You're absolutely correct. I just feel bad for those businesses (especially smaller ones) who relyed on this condition. Also, having strong dollar is nice but I worry about the U.S. at the same time.

Bush and his silly tax cut during a war :blink: Tax cuts are great but not when you need infrastructured funding for a MESSY expensive war :wacko:

Only way to save the country from bush's goofy rein and not completely fall in the sea would require.

I repeal and tax increase on the rich (but here's the kicker, when democrats or republicans talk about tax increases the poor and lower and middle class think its an 'attack' on them, when the increase only would effect people making over 500k.)

and some kind of Goods and Service Tax.

People shouldn't bitch either, they voted in the goof ball.

Edited by Pierre the Great

• 2 weeks later...
0.9365 as of this morning before the opening bell.

crazy and they expect the $CAD to reach 0,96$US by the next months.

• 1 month later...

Excellant. Soon the world will be buying Canadian currency and our Loonies will be world famous...

wait a min. were too late... our political loonies have already stolen the show! :(

Will the Loonie reach par? maybe it will be above par. Only time will tell! tune in next week to find out!

GO Loonie GO!