-- Weird News Stories Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Baby Metallica allowed to keep her name

:huh:

Seriously. Why the fukk would you want to name your daughter Metallica?

And more importantly... Will they have to pay royalties to Lars?

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby Metallica allowed to keep her name

:huh:

Seriously. Why the fukk would you want to name your daughter Metallica?

And more importantly... Will they have to pay royalties to Lars?

there are way more stupider names out there than Metallica. I personaly would'nt my kid that, but whatever floats your boat!!

It isn't that bad a name, actually. I heard from a friend that a family was stopped from naming their child spatula. No legit source, I'm not even sure I believe him.

This one I heard on CJAD last year: A woman put her son up on ebay and tried to sell him. :P

It isn't that bad a name, actually. I heard from a friend that a family was stopped from naming their child spatula. No legit source, I'm not even sure I believe him.

I have no source on that either, but I remember hearing the story. So I can confirm, there was definitely a story about a woman/couple who wanted to name their child Spatula. :lol:

I like the name Metalica for a girl, but I get the feeling that you are somewhat determining/limiting her life by doing so.

I knew a kid called Robyn Krappe. And we all know that kids are creatively cruel..... he had the nickname of BirdShit

Obviously his parents weren't thinking ahead when they put that combo together?

There is a lot in a name!!!!!!!!! :(

Edited by beliveau1

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Dav...ct=&abc=abc

"David Gest, Liza Minnelli's gayest husband to date, has shared his fond memories of sleepovers with Michael Jackson and they involve Michael wearing underwear on his head. When David was 18 and Michael was 13, they both had afros but Michael would grease his up with so much product that the oil would irritate his acne. So, to keep it from dripping, he would wear underwear over it when he slept. David fondly recalls their Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants days. "We'd smear whole bottles of Clearasil spot cream on our faces, point at each other and laugh hysterically," he says. Wow, that sounds...awkward."

on cyberpresse.ca they had a story of a cat who traveled 800km to finds its owner. apparently, the cat ran away on a camping trip. it took 13 months !!

way to go kitty !!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070424/od_uk_...C5Gym8ALgbtiBIF

"There are 93 million Wangs in China, followed closely by 92 million people with the family name Li and 88 million called Zhang, Xinhua said, citing newly-announced calculations by the Ministry of Public Security."

I was gonna make a lame wang joke, but I decided against it. ;)

the best Wang joke is running the islanders

this is the best

this dude decided that he would be cool to cut his penis in a restaurant called ZIZZI.

in french ZIZZI is a slang for penis :lol:

french

english

that psycho has sense of humor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070428/en_af...ce_070428161442

Bollywood's Rai targeted in new Indian kissing row

PATNA, India (AFP) - Bollywood megastar

Aishwarya Rai has been summoned to explain an "obscene" kissing scene, Indian officials said Saturday, just days after a similar row engulfed Hollywood's

Richard Gere.

Rai, who married into the Indian film industry's most famous family last week, was ordered to appear before a district court over a scene in which she is kissed lightly on the cheek.

Her "Dhoom-II" co-star

Hrithik Roshan and the owners of a cinema which screened the action film have also been summoned to Muzaffarpur court in the eastern state of Bihar on May 30.

"The court also sent notices to the Bihar government for allowing screening of the film despite its 'obscene' content," a court official said.

He said the judge handed out the orders after a lawyer argued the film "offended public sensibility."

Public acts of endearment are banned in India under the British-era Obscenity Act.

:wacko:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070428/en_af...ce_070428161442

Bollywood's Rai targeted in new Indian kissing row

PATNA, India (AFP) - Bollywood megastar

Aishwarya Rai has been summoned to explain an "obscene" kissing scene, Indian officials said Saturday, just days after a similar row engulfed Hollywood's

Richard Gere.

Rai, who married into the Indian film industry's most famous family last week, was ordered to appear before a district court over a scene in which she is kissed lightly on the cheek.

Her "Dhoom-II" co-star

Hrithik Roshan and the owners of a cinema which screened the action film have also been summoned to Muzaffarpur court in the eastern state of Bihar on May 30.

"The court also sent notices to the Bihar government for allowing screening of the film despite its 'obscene' content," a court official said.

He said the judge handed out the orders after a lawyer argued the film "offended public sensibility."

Public acts of endearment are banned in India under the British-era Obscenity Act.

:wacko:

Reminds me of when the Israelis got all pissed about a kissing scene in the film Free Zone. While I personally think that they're overreacting, filmmakers should be careful not to offend the local populace and their customs.

that's the problem this isn't a local custom. If you know anything about Indian culture prior to the british invasion of imperialism and tyranny under the british empire. These cats were freaking liberal. They came up with Kama Sutra after all.

Problem is the empire imposed British law on the customs of India. They haven't been able to shed those laws.

This isn't local customs. This is british imperialist laws from the early 20th century.

FREE INDIA FROM OLD BRITISH COLONIAL LAWS!!!!

that's the problem this isn't a local custom. If you know anything about Indian culture prior to the british invasion of imperialism and tyranny under the british empire. These cats were freaking liberal. They came up with Kama Sutra after all.

Problem is the empire imposed British law on the customs of India. They haven't been able to shed those laws.

This isn't local customs. This is british imperialist laws from the early 20th century.

FREE INDIA FROM OLD BRITISH COLONIAL LAWS!!!!

The Brits were in India before the 20th century. Nonetheless, by now the "customs" have become so ingrained that they may as well be considered "local."

• 1 month later...

hahaha

people will take advantage of that ruling and alot of worse stuff will happen.

so I can get some compensation form work due to my hockey addiction !! maybe I could put the price of my tickets on my medical bill !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing related to music this time:

Disabled woman sues fast-food giant

"I felt discriminated against, harassed, embarrassed," Larson said. "All I wanted was the food I had paid for with my money card. I just wanted to feed my kids."
That and a check for 4 million dollars.