63 GP : 32W - 25L - 5T - 6 SO vs. 53 GP : 27W -17L - 8T - 3 SO

------------------------

Time : 7:00 ET, 4:00 PT

Date : Mar. 27/04

Place : Fleet Centre (no fans allowed), Boston, USA

TV : RDS, SRC

Radio : Team 990 Post Game, CJAD 800, CKAC

---------------------------------

The Boston Bruins are a good hockey team backed by a goaltender who we've learned much about this season. This 23-year-old netminder stands just 6'0 and 174 lbs, but plays much, much bigger whenever we're in town.

raycroft150.gif

Season Series: BOS, 3W - 2L vs. MTL, 2W, 3L

Bruins Last 10: 7W - 2L - 1T

Habs Last 10: 6W - 3L - 1T

Playoff Seeds: BOS, 3rd - 97 PTS, MTL, 7th - 90 PTS

Alexei Kovalev was booed on Thursday night. How disgusting was that? Pretty disgusting, to say the least. Although, these are the same fools who backed a young player (albeit a good one!) over their very own captain, so it's not too surprising to say the least. Unfortunately, these dickheads decided that after finally acquiring a superstar player to compliment our team, they would boo the poor guy to further cement their reputations as the worst fans in the world. It's a small percentage, for sure, but it's sickening that these people could cast their stupidity on a guy who talked so eagerly about playing here. After that, minor as it may have been, I hope he doesn't reconsider his love for Montreal and decides that these fools, while there are not many of them, are every bit as stupid as the things that influence them. Go Kovalev Go.

29727_2.jpg

Hopeful Lineup?

#38 Bulis - #11 Koivu - #20 Zednik

#73 Ryder - #71 Ribeiro - #27 Kovalev

#22 Begin - #34 Dowd - #37 Sundstrom

#15 Langdon - #94 Perreault - #17 Ward

#79 Markov - #52 Rivet

#5 Quintal - #8 Komisarek

#51 Bouillon - #43 Brisebois

Some Scratches?

#24 Dackell , #26 Floating Crap

#28 Dykhuis, #44 Souray, #90 Juneau

Habs Goal Leader: Richard Zednik (25)

Habs Assist Leader: Mike Ribeiro (42)

Habs Points Leader: Mike Ribeiro (62)

Habs +/- Leader: Patrice Brisebois (+19)

Habs Player to Watch: Alex Kovalev

Habs Goon: Darren Langdon

Bruins Goal Leader: Glen Murray (30)

Bruins Assist Leader: Joe Thornton (48)

Bruins Points Leader: Joe Thornton (70)

Bruins +/- Leader: Mike Knuble (+19)

Bruins Player to Watch: Michael Nylander

Bruins Goon: Doug Doull

It's possible that Felix Potvin could get the start. In fact, unless Razor is the confirmed starter, seeing the Cat between the pipes make a great deal of sense, when you consider that a pair of Quebec born goalies have recently stymied the Habs. With this being a possible first round matchup, a win is big for either side to gain any sort of mental advantage heading into the big dance. Let's clinch one already.

felix-potvin-1.jpg

Habs Individual Stats

Bruins Individual Stats

Habs Full Roster

Bruins Full Roster

Last Habs - Bruins Game (3-2 W)

It's a battle of R and R, I guess you could say. Aside from the man wearing the C, Michael Ryder has been our best player this year, and he'll go up against his only competition for the Calder trophy in Raycroft. At one point in time, Bruins fans thought that a boy named Patrice Bergeron could challenge Ryder, but that's not the case. With 60 points on the campaign, the Ryderizer has a 12-point lead on so-called contender Trent Hunter. Unfortunately, even when Ryder shows up, his teammates like to leave him alone out there. Regardless, if things snap back to the way the were soon (they will, they will) maybe he can break Dany Heatley's 67-point mark from a few years back. That would be nice, very nice.

[Edited on 2004/3/27 by jl.roberts]

[Edited on 2004/3/27 by jl.roberts]

:lol: :lol: Man that was a good post jl.roberts!! I have read a lot of the pregame threads and that was one of the funniest!!! OKay, I find humour in the smallest of places : "#26 floating crap" ! BEsides that, you made some awesome points about the Kovalev bashing. I mean don't habs fans understand that if Kovy deosn't sign next year we lost the deal hardcore?!!!! The "Best Trade" made as considered by lots of habs fans when it happened, will turn into most of our other trades. Give up too much and lose what we get. In order for this trade to be a good one, we need to sign hime for next year. So no prediction from me yet, but

GO KOVY GO!!!!

Show those bastards who's the man!!!

I wish, but honestly, one word ...... drum roll......

TIME!!!!!

:/):ghg::/)

It's a battle of R and R, I guess you could say. Aside from the man wearing the C, Michael Ryder has been our best player this year, and he'll go up against his only competition for the Calder trophy in Raycroft.

That's what I was thinking -- if Ryder puts one past Raycroft it might sway thinking on the Calder. If he nets a hat trick he's practically a shoe-in for the trophy!

So Saturday looks like showdown time.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

(damn Sabres score against Pens, 1-0)

Great summary of the upcoming game!

This is a must win for us.

Are we a playoff team or not?

The Bruins will be flying after loosing to the laffs the other night. They need this win too.

I want CJ to set the lines. No more pissing around trying this or that. Set the lines already.

Kovalev is under achieving IMO. I hope he shows up in a big way.

I personally think Begin - Perrault - Kovalev would be an incredible line.

Then again I might be nuts!

:ghg:

Are we a playoff team or not?  

We're way past that. Clearly the Habs are.

I want CJ to set the lines. No more pissing around trying this or that. Set the lines already.  

Hear, hear! And can Julien set the lines CORRECTLY!? Perreault doesn't go on the checking line, and Kovalev doesn't get onto first until he's proven he seriously deserves it.

And Julien will screw with the lines again. No matter what happens. He hasn't learned his lesson yet.

Kovalev is under achieving IMO. I hope he shows up in a big way.  

"Kovalev doesn't get onto first until he's proven he seriously deserves it."

I personally think Begin - Perrault - Kovalev would be an incredible line.  

No, keep the first line as:

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik

We can use Perreault's face-off skill on the PP instead.

That line is hot. There is no reason why you have to change something that doesn't need changing.

While I wouldnt call Ribeiro a "cheesy kid" (He is our leading point scorer!) , I agree about how classless the fans who boo'ed Kovalev are...

Big big game tonight! likely lines are...

Perreault - Koivu - Zednik

Ryder - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom

Langdon/Dackell/Juneau - Begin - Ward

Bouillon - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Quintal - Brisebois

Theodore

Garon

... But who the hell knows? Thats just a guess at them.

1st thing - if anyone finds out the official lines tonight, just post it here. I like pucks lines that he guessed.

I will be the most upset person in the world if habs dont win this game. I want them to clinch!!!

What a bunch of idiots some of those fans are in the stadium.....booing kovy. Ya, he's a little under-achieving right now, but what......you expect thats gunna make him better! everytime hes got the puck hes gunna think that the fans don't appreciate him which is bullshit!!!

stupid idiots, if you dont appreciate the team, dont go to the friggin game!!

but anyways, this is a game thread. i just had to state that.

Originally posted by habsfan88

Hey spider, where do you go to get video avatars?

A guy that goes by the name Bates17Rules on metroboards made the video avatar for me.

[Edited on 2004/3/27 by Spider-Man NL]

[Edited on 2004/3/27 by Spider-Man NL]

i have a good feeling about this one... I think it is a good time for the habs to be out of montreal, play right and come back home having shown their mettle. BTW - this would be a great time for kovalev to shove a hockey stick up the boo birds asses.

Here is the latest lineup,

Perreault - Koivu - Zednik

Ryder - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Begin - Ward

Juneau - Dowd - Sundstrom

Komisarek/Bouillon/Brisebois/Rivet/Quintal/Markov

No idea what pairings CJ will use yet...

Raycroft in nets for the Bruins

Gets a standing O, and named the #1 season star for the Bruins (#2 Thornton, #3 Murray)

Man would I love it if we chased Raycroft's ass back to the bench tonight!!!

[Edited on 2004/3/28 by JeanLucPilon]

Oh, man. What a beauty. He fakes the wrist shot, then brings it on the backhand and puts it mid-height blocker side.