2 best UFA's for Habs

peihabs

:hlogo: After we sign Markov and Souray (or maybe before we sign them to show them how serious we are about winning the cup) we should go after Nik Antropov I think this guy is going to be the steal of the UFA's and he would be a perfect fit for Koivu & Kovalev for our #1 line, it might ignite a fire under Kovalev and maybe he would play a full season. Then the next guy I see helping us the most is Corey Sarich. Pair him up with Souray & we have a great top four along with Markov & Komy. This would make us an instant contender if we could afford all of them. We should save some money by letting Bonk, Johnson & Aebischer walk and maybe trading Ryder & Dandenault. We would look like this for next season.

Goal: Huet, Halak

D: Markov - Komy, Souray - Sarich, Bouillon - Streit, depth in Cote, Gorges & Biron

Upfront: Antropov/Koivu/Kovalev, Higgins/Plecanek/Kostitsyn, Latendresse/Grabovski/Perezhogin, Lapierre/Begin/ Murray or a prospect or maybe another UFA like Pascal Dupuis. Actually what I would like even better is trade Murray with Ryder & Dandenault to Colorado for Marek Svatos & Ian Laperierre. Then play Svatos with Grabovski & Latendresse & Laperierre with Lapeirre & Begin. Have Perezhogin as our depth guy so we can rest Begin quit abite thru the regular season to keep him healthy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trade Murray with Ryder & Dandenault to Colorado for Marek Svatos & Ian Laperierre. Then play Svatos with Grabovski & Latendresse & Laperierre with Lapeirre & Begin. Have Perezhogin as our depth guy so we can rest Begin quit abite thru the regular season to keep him healthy.

Pierre Lacroix wont trade Svatos, the guy will be a prolific scorer and is already one actually and Ian laperiere is a real leader with some grit

I think they'll put Murray in minors and just get Duncan Milroy to be on 4th line...

I'm unsure on Antropov but i think Sarich isnt a bad idea.

:hlogo: After we sign Markov and Souray (or maybe before we sign them to show them how serious we are about winning the cup) we should go after Nik Antropov I think this guy is going to be the steal of the UFA's and he would be a perfect fit for Koivu & Kovalev for our #1 line, it might ignite a fire under Kovalev and maybe he would play a full season. Then the next guy I see helping us the most is Corey Sarich. Pair him up with Souray & we have a great top four along with Markov & Komy. This would make us an instant contender if we could afford all of them. We should save some money by letting Bonk, Johnson & Aebischer walk and maybe trading Ryder & Dandenault. We would look like this for next season.

Goal: Huet, Halak

D: Markov - Komy, Souray - Sarich, Bouillon - Streit, depth in Cote, Gorges & Biron

Upfront: Antropov/Koivu/Kovalev, Higgins/Plecanek/Kostitsyn, Latendresse/Grabovski/Perezhogin, Lapierre/Begin/ Murray or a prospect or maybe another UFA like Pascal Dupuis. Actually what I would like even better is trade Murray with Ryder & Dandenault to Colorado for Marek Svatos & Ian Laperierre. Then play Svatos with Grabovski & Latendresse & Laperierre with Lapeirre & Begin. Have Perezhogin as our depth guy so we can rest Begin quit abite thru the regular season to keep him healthy.

Go after Antropov and keep Perogie as a DEPTH guy? No way, give Perogie a real chance on the first line before you sign a not-real-first-liner in Antropov...

Pierre Lacroix wont trade Svatos, the guy will be a prolific scorer and is already one actually and Ian laperiere is a real leader with some grit

I think they'll put Murray in minors and just get Duncan Milroy to be on 4th line...

pierre lacroix quit a year ago and nik antropov sucs ass.

I would be happy with both Murray and Milroy out of Montréal all year long. That would mean we get better players than them, and i think we have or we can get some.

Go after Antropov and keep Perogie as a DEPTH guy? No way, give Perogie a real chance on the first line before you sign a not-real-first-liner in Antropov...

Give Perogie a chance on the 1rst ? When did you see he deserved a chance on the 1rst ?? Never seen him play like a potential 1rst liner anyway.

Stop thinking Grabovski will play on the 3rd line... that's bull. What we really need is a 1rst line center and then, put Koivu on a good 2nd line. Stop the Antropov thing, let's spend on a center.

Pierre Lacroix wont trade Svatos, the guy will be a prolific scorer and is already one actually and Ian laperiere

1. Pierre Lacroix is not the Avs GM.

2. Svatos is constantly in the doghouse in Colorado, so a move is hardly out of the question. However, we already have talent along the wings, we need a center.

Sarich is an interesting name but I think I'd rather go after Sutton if we're looking at big 2nd pairing guys. Our team's D really needs to establish themselves an identity... I hope Cote can make the jump this year... he should have made it last year but got hurt in camp, unfortunately.

Robert Lang is on the decline... I don't want stop gap measures up front. But we may need one stop gap measure on the back end (and get rid of one of our 3rd pairing guys in the process). The D option would have to be a guy that could play top 4 and be able to move the puck well (hence Sutton over Sarich), though I do want more shotblocking out of our D as well. That may have to happen internally, though.

I've been high on Antropov for awhile. He's a big, solid, two-way player to replace Johnson but without his negative of only playing right wing. I think this will be the big year for Perezhogin, and as such we can't pick up anyone who will demand a place that Perez could have. Compete with him? Sure, but not require it.

Perez+-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Pleks-Kosty

Latendresse+-Lapierre-Kovalev

Begin-(BONK)-Antropov+

The ones with + are interchangeable depending on play.

Buying out Samsonov means wasting all the money they saved by sending Theodore to Colorado, basically. But then so does paying him to sit on the bench or play in the minors. :rolleyes: As it sits, Aebisher will be gone next season without ever earning the 2 mill or so per season he cost, and another 3.5 goes down the toilet for Samsonov. That pretty much negates any savings from dumping Theo.

Buying out Samsonov means wasting all the money they saved by sending Theodore to Colorado, basically. But then so does paying him to sit on the bench or play in the minors. :rolleyes: As it sits, Aebisher will be gone next season without ever earning the 2 mill or so per season he cost, and another 3.5 goes down the toilet for Samsonov. That pretty much negates any savings from dumping Theo.

your math regarding salaries is correct but keeping theo would have meant no shot at the playoffs ans what is the cost of that

And what about the trade market?

I looks like Brad Richards will be on the market. The actual TB payroll is 42.5 and the owner said he wants it down to 40 next year. The elimination by the Devils showed (as Dan Boyle and Tortorella said) that TB lacks depth. So it seems they might have to trade one of the Big 3 members to get some cap space for and aquire depth players and prospects. We have prospects...

Couldn't Richards be the #1 center we need? (at the right price)

And what about the trade market?

I looks like Brad Richards will be on the market. The actual TB payroll is 42.5 and the owner said he wants it down to 40 next year. The elimination by the Devils showed (as Dan Boyle and Tortorella said) that TB lacks depth. So it seems they might have to trade one of the Big 3 members to get some cap space for and aquire depth players and prospects. We have prospects...

Couldn't Richards be the #1 center we need? (at the right price)

What about Boyle? That guy is easily the most underrated defenseman in the Eastern Conference. I'd rather get a more physical first line centre than Richards.

Antropov is a bum... even Maple Leaf fans agree...

Based on his play in the playoffs, I'm dreaming about Drury signing with us.

I think it's more important that we address our lack of scoring than try to improve our defensive depth on forward. Antropov might be better defensively than offensively, but I think his slowness will be a liability. The only upside I see in Antropov is his size and strength.

I think it's more important that we address our lack of scoring than try to improve our defensive depth on forward. Antropov might be better defensively than offensively, but I think his slowness will be a liability. The only upside I see in Antropov is his size and strength.

definitely agree. He's not good enough to be on our top two lines, and we have enough players within our system who can fill the role he'd fill defensively, and possibly better than he can.

Also, I like Richards, but it's true about a more physical #1 helping. I'm REALLY liking Drury or Smyth. The problem is that they'll probably be the most sought after ufas of the summer around the whole league.

I think the Blunts would be mad not to resign Drury. They probably will.

Smyth, I'd be stunned if we landed him.

Stunned? Someone's going to get them or him. Think positive. The next few habsworld years I think are going to be a little different from the past ten plus we have got used to.

And still I don't think a cup is in the books. The new NHL is going to be hard. Teams will be way more even then ever before. It will take a lot of heart, Luck and passion that will bring wins and a stanley cup as well as the obvious. We need heart....go after players that have heart.

Lecavalier

Drury

Shanahan

I can't stand what Sammy did this year. Maby it was just a childish reaction from a kid that had a lot of growing up to do. I don't want to write him off. He just may bring it next season.

Kovalev- I don't think think that talented F&*K ever grew up and it seems he never will. Habs should keep Sammy and buy that miserable bonehead out.

Just keep guys that give a shit.....Come on Sammy we need you........

Antropov is a bum... even Maple Leaf fans agree...

Based on his play in the playoffs, I'm dreaming about Drury signing with us.

Antropov's no Drury, but he's a giant step up from Chad Kilger (who many leaf fans love). Actually, I'd say the fact that Maple Leaf fans hate Antropov is evidence he's a decent hockey player. Antropov's been used and abused by the Leafs his whole career. He was very much like A.Kostitsyn for us, an unusually high pick with big upside who disappointed some in his first seasons in North America. But unlike AK47, the leafs brought Antropov up at 18 or 19 when he was built like a flamingo. He was just a skinny awkward kid skating on his ankles because his legs were seven inches longer than his previous season (okay, I exaggerate). I saw him play a preseason game against the Habs and thought "they have to send this kid down and let him grow into his body or he's gonna get broken." They didn't. He got broken. Again. Again. Ever since, he's played a bit like he's still a skinny kid, expecting to get hurt, but he's huge and he's a pretty good hockey player, very comparable to Johnson in terms of his impact on a team over the course of a season.

Drury, now, Drury.....that guy makes his whole team better.

Although Antropov was picked at the exact same place in the draft as Kostitsyn they were considered very different in talent levels I believe Kostitsyn only dropped to 10th because of his (2 seizures) Kostitsyn was actually considered the 2nd most talented forward in the draft year other than Zherdev also Kostitsyn was not from a traditional hockey market ie Kopitar.

But on the Antropov note I would not want him with the Canadiens, I know big wingers is not something the Habs have a lot of but he really does not play a physical game I would much rather have Latendresse, Kostitsyn and Perezhogin taking the ice time.