Hockey Moms

TheAussiePosse

I was alerted to this link by an anti-hockey friend of mine.

While it is NSFW due the the insults hurled by the mother, there are some comedic and societal elements that should be discussed.

So check it out. Are hockey moms like this? If so, should they be allowed to continue?

Edit: Forgot to mention, the son is kinda old. Like, 28 years old.

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Sounds more like a girlfriend to me.

Anyways, there's parents like that in every sport. Parents would cuss out the refs when I played soccer at like age 6, the age where each entire team chases the ball all over the field, lol.

there's this video on youtube about a baseball fight and a mother yells "come on guys this isn't HockEy" I lol'd.

I remember that vid..it was quite funny !!

The best is when the moms yel at the opposing players. I've had strangers yell at me at my soccer games because they think I cheapshotted their son or somehing like that. And instead of keeping their idiotic opinions to theirselves they'll always yell it at you.

"Hey, watch your legs!"

"Watch your mouth!"

The best is when the moms yel at the opposing players. I've had strangers yell at me at my soccer games because they think I cheapshotted their son or somehing like that. And instead of keeping their idiotic opinions to theirselves they'll always yell it at you.

"Hey, watch your legs!"

"Watch your mouth!"

I seem to get that one a lot, I'm not quite sure why. :unsure:

Umpires got brutalized by parents when I played baseball, even when I was playing at 16/17. Stupid parents are everywhere, you just kind of have to put up with it.

I remember when I was 11, I was the starting pitcher that day for my team and I went to warm up. We were playing, I wouldn't say the best team (that was us actually) but they definitely had one of the better offenses, the top 5 or 6 could all hit it out of the park fairly easily. Anyway, I never had any heat, I was probably more comparable to someone like Wake or Maddux. I throw my first pitch and I hear the team AND parents "Oh man, this guy sucks, we're gonna own him for sure!" and a dad yells to the other parents "Home runs for everyone!". My dad didn't really like that one and let the guy know but anyway, the focal point here, I went 5 innings with 10 SO's and they had one hit. That clinched the playoffs for us and we went on to win the championship.

Probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in my entire life. Nothing like proving the doubters wrong.

Umpires got brutalized by parents when I played baseball, even when I was playing at 16/17. Stupid parents are everywhere, you just kind of have to put up with it.

I remember when I was 11, I was the starting pitcher that day for my team and I went to warm up. We were playing, I wouldn't say the best team (that was us actually) but they definitely had one of the better offenses, the top 5 or 6 could all hit it out of the park fairly easily. Anyway, I never had any heat, I was probably more comparable to someone like Wake or Maddux. I throw my first pitch and I hear the team AND parents "Oh man, this guy sucks, we're gonna own him for sure!" and a dad yells to the other parents "Home runs for everyone!". My dad didn't really like that one and let the guy know but anyway, the focal point here, I went 5 innings with 10 SO's and they had one hit. That clinched the playoffs for us and we went on to win the championship.

Probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in my entire life. Nothing like proving the doubters wrong.

well done :clap:

well done :clap:

Thank you. A little lame having one of your best moments at 11 but I still like telling it when I can. Actually when I quit baseball at 17, my coach was a little sad because he said I had the potential to go pro.

I absolutely hate parents like that. It's one thing to get mad at the ref, but don't go to far. The're human beings FFS, give them some god d*mn respect. Despite there calls, they don't deserve it. They shouldn't have to put up with that crap. Because lord knows they mean to screw people over. I'm sorry for my rant, but they deserve better.

I actually told my mother to shut up at one of my soccer games. I was playing D and she kept yelling my name even though the ball was in the other zone.

It's nice that parents want to encourage their children but they should have at least knowledge of the activity they're doing.

I actually told my mother to shut up at one of my soccer games. I was playing D and she kept yelling my name even though the ball was in the other zone.

It's nice that parents want to encourage their children but they should have at least knowledge of the activity they're doing.

:lol:

That brings back memories, my mom was the same way.

That's why I quit umpiring 6 and 7 year old baseball games. One coach wen IRRATE over a call I made. I told him these were a bunch of 7 year olds where its 5 innings and everyone gets to bat every inning. Plus it wasn't actual pitching, a coach just put a softball into the slow pitching machine. Yet the dude gets all into my face. I think he wanted to get ejected. 7 year olds!

I was behind the plate once. It was hot out 40C+ and I'm in pants, armour and a polyster shirt. Nobody got a hit for the first 3 innings because if it was close I was callin it lol. Then some parent was like "this ######ing ump is ######ed!" Then I got picky because last thing I need is an angry father running after me after the game.