Some stats on our first round opponents...

ch_nl

Just checked how the Habs have played versus our possible stanley cup opponents. It doesn't look good but the chart isn't complete since we have one game left against the Flyers...

Boston Bruins

Loses: 2-0, 1-0, 2-3

Victories: 1-0, 3-2

Ties: 1-1

Total goals for: 7

Total goals against: 9

Philadelphia Flyers

Loses: 0-5, 3-2

Victories: 4-1

Total goals for: 6

Total goals against: 8

But still one game left

Toronto Maple Leafs

Loses: 1-0, 2-4, 4-1, 4-5

Victories: 4-0, 3-4

Total goals for: 15

Total goals against: 17

New Jersey Devils

Loses: 0-2

Victories: 1-2, 2-3

Total goals for: 6

Total goals against: 6

Ottawa Senators

Loses: 2-5, 6-2, 2-5, 4-0

Victories: 3-2, 2-4

Total goals for: 13

Total goals against: 24

Hope everything is correct. And after this it seems like we should hope for the Devils.

I do hope for the Devils. A Scott Stevens-less Devils that is.

Brodeur can steal the show but he can't stop everything. Scott Stevens on the other hand can absolutely crush opponents. IMO he is the best all around player in the game.

I didn't like what i saw against the bruins the other night. They thumped us about pretty good. Raycroft can be just as good as Brodeur.

The leafs......when they are playing as a team, they are good. I do think Eddie the Eagle can be great but he can be horrible too. Ever watched him handle the puck?

The Flyers have a good team. Is Eche good enough? I'm not so sure. We can beat them with solid defensive play.

Ottawa is scary. We have a tough time against the clutching and grabbing teams. Ottawa is the king of such teams. I think Lalime is useless (if his leg is okay to play) he will be their downfall. We would have to find a way of beating the grabbing game of theirs........

The Habs are a pretty good team. I certainly expect Theo to be great. Koivu is fantastic, the best player on our team bar none. Zeddy has proven he can seriously step it up in the playoffs (that says alot because he is great to begin with). Ryder will continue with his amazing play. He is our future as well as a future league leader.

I think playoff success will depend on the unknowns. Kovalev will need to be the 6.5 million dollar man for real. Can the checking line be effective? Will Juneau's years of experience mean anything? Will koivu's leadership push others to reach the next level? Will Komisarek continue to grow and improve? Will souray get over his wrist injury and start hammering pucks from the blue line again? Will we answer the physical play and after whistle scrums or will Koivu be out there trying to defend himself?

I am exited.....We have beaten everyone we will have to face. Our future is so very bright......

:ghg:

1 Thing that im going to say : This is going to be a tough playoffs, no matter what.

Habs can pull it off. but they need to play like champions, and yes kovy needs to step up the play, to deserve his money.

GO HABS GO

I don't really know why, but I have a bad feeling come playoff time!!!

I really hope that I wrong. I see the team beginning to fall apart at the seams and I don't like it.

Anything can happen for sure and it would be nice, but gut feeling is telling me this will be nasty.

Well I hope I am wrong!!1

:ghg:

I think the Habs MADE the playoffs when everybody else was saying that it was not going to happen. So even if the Habs can pick up their golf clubs after the first round they and every fans should be happy about what they've acomplished.

Put up a good fight and let's see what it will take us.

Ya, its great and all that they made the playoffs, but still, if they play the bruins, I will be upset if we lose. I hate the bruins and for what they think of us. They think that we cant compete with them, well we'll just have to see about that!:devil:

Losing to either the Leafs or Bruins would be the worst!

I agree that if Kovalev lights up, this team will sizzle. Hopefully everyone is over the flu by tomorrow and we finish well.

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo: