HABS vs. Flyers - Game Thread

bombTHEice

So here's a thread for today's game.

It seems that the HABS totally forgot the game vs. the Isles, they play quite good so far in the 1st period.

Théo is in goal ... Komisaurus, Dackell, Perreault, Bégin, Dykhuis are out.

:ghg:

I smell a Kovalev goal tonight Brashear hit him in the head a bit and i said someone needed to do that to wake him up.

What the hell is with all these damn penalties 3 penalties in the first like 7 minutes of the 2nd.

it's 1-0 Philly.

Habs had a powerplay didn't score but it was the best one i saw in quite a while. This team is finally looking like they have more desire to play tonight then they have the last 5-7 games.

We are playing well. Souray looks a little shaky though. The ref is an idiot, wow does he ever suck.

We are working hard I like to see it.

They need to take Kovalev off the point on the pp. The guy is an excellent puck cycler down low. Why the hell is he on the point?

Even if we loose this one, we look so much better than we did last night.

I think this has been a very well played game for the Habs so far tonight. Lots of chances and i can't believe we haven't scored yet but it will come. The refs have been pretty bad if you ask me, I don't know how Brashear didn't get a penalty and then Kovalev does. Ryder was hooked and held quite well by Desjardins on a good chance but still nothing.

Hopefully we can pull it out in the third. Burke has been unbelievable.

Originally posted by Quebecois

I think this has been a very well played game for the Habs so far tonight.

Yup, last part of the second sounded good, Ithink we can play these guys, I'd like them in the first round rather than Bruins.

Yup it really was a good game played by the habs....... April freakin fools!! Habs cant even score a damn goal on a washed up goalie. They've only scored 4 goals in their last 5 games and I bet they're gonna be eliminated 4-0 in the first round.

2-0 final for the Flyers, Habs didn't play too well after the Flyers took the 2-0 advantage but i think this was a positive sign. Flyers had lots of time to prepare for us and we still outplayed them (imo). We should be fine come game 1, a win against Buffalo would be nice also.

Another damn lose. Atleast it was alittle bit of a better effort and the refs seem to be to much of a factor in the game. The only thing that looks like it has improved over the last 2 weeks is probably the penalty kill. I can tell you one thing we better get the habs team from early March in order to go anywhere if the team continues to play like this we aren't going to go very far might not even win a single playoff game. The saddest part is were giving all these teams we might play in the playoffs the early upper hand becuase now they know they can beat us and no one underestimates a team in the playoffs so don't expect that to happen. I'm now praying for NJ in the playoffs because their the last team we played good against and they have trouble scoring and if we play a good game defensively we should be able to win.

Last Game of the season Julien has to try some different things. I wanna see Kovalev for a full game with Koivu and Zednik he's not going to do much on the 3rd line. I also would like to see Bulis with Ribeiro and Ryder. I wanna see the old 3rd line back for a game of sundstrom-juneau-dackell. Then i wanna see on the 4th line either Langdon-Dowd-Ward or Ward-Dowd-Begin(if healthy).

actually i think this game proved that the habs aren't gonna get sweeped. Do you think Burke could do that two games in a row? Do you think the habs played well enough between 8 pks and a bigger team to win a few? This game showed that the habs have grit and theo was solid. We lost, that sucks... but the habs are firing on all cylinders.

Last Game of the season Julien has to try some different things. I wanna see Kovalev for a full game with Koivu and Zednik he's not going to do much on the 3rd line. I also would like to see Bulis with Ribeiro and Ryder. I wanna see the old 3rd line back for a game of sundstrom-juneau-dackell. Then i wanna see on the 4th line either Langdon-Dowd-Ward or Ward-Dowd-Begin(if healthy).  

No! No new lines in the playoffs!

What were the awards that were given out before the game??? i only caught the last little part of it....

Tonights game was played pretty well all around by the boys...They just couldnt score on Burke...

And the officiating was horrible, the score could have been alot worse if not for some good penalty killing.

Originally posted by Habinator33

Last Game of the season Julien has to try some different things.  I wanna see Kovalev for a full game with Koivu and Zednik he's not going to do much on the 3rd line.  I also would like to see Bulis with Ribeiro and Ryder.  I wanna see the old 3rd line back for a game of sundstrom-juneau-dackell.  Then i wanna see on the 4th line either Langdon-Dowd-Ward or Ward-Dowd-Begin(if healthy).

I agree completely. Kovalev should be on the first line. It was never given a chance.

CJ needs to set the lines though. If Kovy goes on the first line, then he stays there.

Originally posted by Bonavistaman11

What were the awards that were given out before the game??? i only caught the last little part of it....

Francis Bouillon got the Jacques Beauchamp trophy for the "unseen hero" http://www.habsworld.net/history/historyA_12.php

Bouillon is soo small, it's easy to miss him ;)

Congrats Frank. Well deserved. He was the only candidate IMO. There were lot of players who played good this year.. Francis was one of them, and he finally deserves some credit.

I beleive if Begin didn't injure his shoulder mid-season, he would have won that trophy. He was the closest competitor to Boullion in terms of voting, but I think he brings so much to this team that goes unnoticed.

See this is the problem Gainey somewhat screwed himself by adding to much depth to this team so Julien is forced to juggle lines like crazy to try to make everyone happy. Think of it this way if Julien had traded either dackell,juneau,sundstrom, or Perreault during deadline for either pick, prospect or defensemen Kovalev would most likely be on the 1st line every game and our 3rd/4th lines would be set. It's making it hard for this team to develop chemistry because their not together long enough. Julien is constantly trying to find room for Dagenais, Perreault, dackell, Langdon, begin, ward etc.

@Habinator33: Too much depth, are you kidding me? :lol:

I'm glad that we have so much depth on the 3rd and 4th line. Juneau's back is hurting all year long, so it was a fine move from Gainey acquiring Dowd. Dackell is also a very good depth player who can jump in and play a good defensive game when he get's the call. And on and on ...

Sorry if I'm false, but you are always writing that you are pissed off when the HABS are losing, though they played a good game. They should change this and that and when they are winning games you knew what was wrong with the team ...

That's the typcial guy for me who is jumping on and off the bandwagon 1234 times a year. :D

I mean yesterday's game really showed that the HABS found their game again and that they can do some damage in the playoffs. Of course they lost and didn't score but the whole team gave a tremendous effort all night long. Philadelphia wasn't the better team, they simply had the better goalie with Burke this evening. ;)

So and now let's hope that the HABS win vs. the Sabres and every HABS fan can be happy again. :king:

[Edited on 2-4-04 by habsfannr1]

Originally posted by Habinator33

See this is the problem Gainey somewhat screwed himself by adding to much depth to this team so Julien is forced to juggle lines like crazy to try to make everyone happy.  Think of it this way if Julien had traded either dackell,juneau,sundstrom, or Perreault during deadline for either pick, prospect or defensemen Kovalev would most likely be on the 1st line every game and our 3rd/4th lines would be set.  It's making it hard for this team to develop chemistry because their not together long enough.  Julien is constantly trying to find room for Dagenais, Perreault, dackell, Langdon, begin, ward etc.

I understand what your trying to say.

our 3rd/4th line players:

Joé Juneau, Jan Bulis, Jim Dowd, Andreas Dackell, Steve Bégin, Jason Ward, Darren Langdon, Niklas Sundstrom

which two do we sit out?

Langdon + Juneau?

We need them both. Langdon's toughness is a must. I think you guys generally unerestimate Juneau.

Bulis is awesome.

Begin is obviously a must.

Dackell is an excelent checker.

Dowd plays his position fantastically.

Ward plays well and is an offensive threat.

Sundstrom maybe a sitter but the guy plays well and he can score.

We can continue to rotate the lines but I seriously think we need to stop that. The Habs need to develop chemestry.

Tough job for CJ:?-

Yes, I agree, enough with this juggling lines business. In the playoffs, we cant just sit there and juggle the lines because they dont play well for a game. Most times when you add a new player to a line, they arent just going to click with their linemates, especially kovalev who came from the rangers, totally different system. Leave kovy with koivu and zednik, and if you dont think they play well at first, it doesnt matter just keep them together, and eventually they will find their knack!