2007 NBA PLayoffs Thread

Pierre the Great

Fanpuck, do you find it really necessary to change all these topics. It's getting ridiculous. I'm getting anoyed by it, and it aint even my posts!!

:rolleyes: All two of them...

When I read the title, I expected a brawl, punches, etc. It was an accidental collision. How does that relate to boxing?

Hyperbole Fanpuck Hyperbole.

Hyperbole

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

"Wow when did the NBA become a boxing match."

Hyperbole, Hyperbole, Hyperbole.

Can't wait to see the higlights?

Did Nash finish the game?

I hope so or he is not a true Canadian also if he did finish I bet he is on coaches corner soon!

Can't wait to see the higlights?

Did Nash finish the game?

I hope so or he is not a true Canadian also if he did finish I bet he is on coaches corner soon!

Well he attempted to finish, except that the NBA has this rule where you're not allowed to bleed all over the court, which makes sense.

Well he attempted to finish, except that the NBA has this rule where you're not allowed to bleed all over the court, which makes sense.

Wonder if that was a rule before or after Magic!

:rolleyes: All two of them...

When I read the title, I expected a brawl, punches, etc. It was an accidental collision. How does that relate to boxing?

Who cares what you expect, it was piere's title, and as long as nobody is harmed by that there is some kinda press freedom. Or this board is getting too censored. If you cant even make up your own title anymore cuz you always have to think what fanpuck must think of it. Weird stuff man!!

Who cares what you expect, it was piere's title, and as long as nobody is harmed by that there is some kinda press freedom. Or this board is getting too censored. If you cant even make up your own title anymore cuz you always have to think what fanpuck must think of it. Weird stuff man!!

He didn't even provide a link to back up what he was saying. I had no idea that there wasn't a brawl until I saw SportsCenter later that night. Titles of threads need to reflect what is inside or what is fact. If Pierre wants to use misleading titles, then let him do it on a blog. He already treats HW like his personal blog, why doesn't he actually just make his own blog?

He didn't even provide a link to back up what he was saying. I had no idea that there wasn't a brawl until I saw SportsCenter later that night. Titles of threads need to reflect what is inside or what is fact. If Pierre wants to use misleading titles, then let him do it on a blog. He already treats HW like his personal blog, why doesn't he actually just make his own blog?

Because if he did no one would read it ;)

Yes that's his nose.

Fanpuck its a draw a device to catch a reader. Weren't you paying attention in your 101 English Class on catchy titles?

I clearly state that it was a bloody nose.

Yeah I could have said when Nash collided with Parker but still, if I meant it to say there was a fight I'd have said there was a fight.

I merely stated that when I flipped on the game from watching Tiger win in golf, I was shocked at a BOXING TYPE injury in basketball.

Even my 85 year old grandmother who was watching with me agreed. That was a bloody nose for just a collision.

It LOOKED like Nash was in a boxing fight. Hence the Hyperbole to boxing.

Fanpuck its a draw a device to catch a reader. Weren't you paying attention in your 101 English Class on catchy titles?

Like I said, if you wanna do stuff like that, do it on a blog. You already treat the HW Lounge as your blog, why not actually make one?

thank you for the making and merging.

Now on to the NBA I've actually been able to stomach the NBA playoffs for the first time in a while now. The games are actually pretty good. (the west at least, east games are boring).

You got Steve Nash and his nose and just his style of play is amazing.

You've got the Golden State team.

Eastern conference doesn't excite me as much as the west does.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't watched a game in years, but a friend invited me over so I figured I might as well go. I still think the NBA sucks and that refs have their heads up their butts, but wow. LeBron was simply amazing. He singlehandedly won that game. 29 out of his team's 30 points in the end of the 4th and both overtimes. Wow. All the people saying LeBron fails in the clutch are now officially silenced.

so he won eh? cool

Yeah I haven't watch the playoffs since the Robert Horry incident. David Stern gave the title to the Spurs after that game. Rewarded the Spurs for cheap plays.

Rules are rules. I happen to think the rule is stupid, but you gotta follow through on the rules that are there.