I miss it already

habsfan88

National pride? *snorts*

Besides, too much national pride can be a bad thing. It helped create Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy for instance.

lol geez. That was through military and "race".

This is just hockey.

Besides its the driving 'national pride' of Canada anyway. You're not the overtly patriotic bunch (like I'm used to seeing down here) but hockey connects everyone.

Its on the 5 dollar bill for crying out loud.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol geez. That was through military and "race".

This is just hockey.

Besides its the driving 'national pride' of Canada anyway. You're not the overtly patriotic bunch (like I'm used to seeing down here) but hockey connects everyone.

Its on the 5 dollar bill for crying out loud.

And how is sport all that different from the military?

As for "hockey connects everyone," pure bollocks. Out of all my friends, only one of them likes hockey and he's a bloody laffs fan. Most of the people I know prefer basketball (and even football to a lesser extent) to hockey.

I was talking about the Olympics.

jeez can't anyone have pride in a country without being labeled a fascist?

I don't like seeing American teams win. I don't care if the entire team is full of Canadians.

Americans thought the same way about the Toronto Blue Jays when they won the World Series.

People considered it a national insult.

I was talking about the Olympics.

jeez can't anyone have pride in a country without being labeled a fascist?

I don't like seeing American teams win. I don't care if the entire team is full of Canadians.

Americans thought the same way about the Toronto Blue Jays when they won the World Series.

People considered it a national insult.

I'm behind you on this one Pierre. To an extent.

Although, I will not ever cheer for the leafs under any circumstances. Even if all 5 other Canadian teams folded and Toronto was the last canadian team.

I wouldn't root for the Maple Leafs either.

In a perfect world if they some how got to the Finals they'll probably play one of the 3 western conference Canadian teams and lose. lol!!! That would be really funny.

But I'm 100% behind Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, Ottawa and Calgary.

As for "hockey connects everyone," pure bollocks. Out of all my friends, only one of them likes hockey and he's a bloody laffs fan. Most of the people I know prefer basketball (and even football to a lesser extent) to hockey.

:o They should be deported.

Man I smell western alienation on this thread. Saying it doesn't snow in BC?

lololol

obviously you didn't pay attention to the news this winter. It snowed more days in the lower mainland and vancouver island then it did in the Centre of the Universe region. (Ottawa-Toronto-Montreal) ;)

Yeah man, we got tons of snow this year. I missed a bunch of days of school because of it.

I'm all for the Sabers and Ducks, it would be a great finale. (and I hate both the Sens and Wings)

by the way most leaf fans hate the Sabers just as much as they Hate the Sens. (being from Niagara I am halfway between Buffalo and Toronto)

Sens look great right now, and I think whoever comes out of the West will be banged up pretty bad...based on what I've seen so far.

Stanley Cup parade down Bank St. is looking likely.

Sens look great right now, and I think whoever comes out of the West will be banged up pretty bad...based on what I've seen so far.

Stanley Cup parade down Bank St. is looking likely.

the only stanley cup aprade i'll attend will be on ste catherine street.

I might check out the Sens parade if they win...not as a hockey fan, but as a guy who knows there will be a lot of hot chicks out if it's a nice day. It's not so much supporting the Sens as it is 'taking in the sights'.