The Art Thread

mathieu30

Time for some culture here on HW.

^_^;)

Who’s your favorite artist? Who are your favourite painters, sculptors, dancers (hi there faerie ;) ) writers, paintings..

Magritte_2.jpg

René Magritte - La trahison des images, 1952

I'm not a real big art person, but i'm a huge fan of Warhol. I know he wasnt the most talented maybe? But all i care is that it looks so damn awesome! I just love that whole 60's vibe (Pop-Art, yes i first came up mid 50's), and thats what i get out of it! The 60's freedom/woodstock.

I'm not a real big art person, but i'm a huge fan of Warhol. I know he wasnt the most talented maybe? But all i care is that it looks so damn awesome! I just love that whole 60's vibe (Pop-Art, yes i first came up mid 50's), and thats what i get out of it! The 60's freedom/woodstock.

Like this? :king:

Fatal_Gunplay_by_awhiffofether.png

Ah Mathieu30, I was just thinking of doing a google search on Rene Magritte when I scrolled further down your post. The surrealists esp., Magritte and Dali are two of my favorite artists.

For writers I love Tolkien, Robertson Davies, Roald Dahl, Paul Auster, Umberto Eco ....

^_^;)

Who’s your favorite artist? Who are your favourite painters, sculptors, dancers (hi there faerie ;) ) writers, paintings..

Magritte_2.jpg

:o wow :D

I like political cartoons.

My favourite cartoonist is Steve Bell from the Guardian.

Some of his recent cartoons:

On Sarkozy winning the French Election

stevebell512.jpg

On Blair's Resignation Speech

stevebell110507a.jpg

On Blair anticipated resignation

stevebell512.jpg

On the Virginia Tech Massacre:

s_bell512.jpg

On Gordon Brown (the next Prime Minister) and rumours of being Stalin-like hot head:

steve.jpg

Stalin, I mean Gordon's last budget:

stevebell512ready.jpg

• 2 years later...

^_^;)

Who’s your favourite artist? Who are your favourite painters, sculptors, dancers (hi there faerie ;) ) writers, paintings..

Magritte_2.jpg

Unbelievable, as soon as I saw this thread I thought "Rene Magritte" I open the thread and there is the treason of images which is my favourite. I also love Dali and Picasso

NOTE: i must be getting senile, I forgot that I posted an almost identical response when the thread opened D'oh

Edited by PMAC

• 1 year later...