I'm moving to Canada

Pierre the Great

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, eh. (You better learn yourself the lingo. ;) )

Maybe in the not too distant future we'll start reading a lot of hateful posts about Canuduh. :ninja:

j/k ;) Congrats man! B)

lol I doubt it. Canada's too big to hate, 33 million people and they all live with 100 miles of the border basically that means there's a lot of open space to roam. lol

Ah if you here anything negative from me it will be about what Vancouver city hall is or isn't doing or something that irks me from the politicians in Victoria. lol

I get to be an observer in the political scene which is going to be great. You learn a lot by observing people.

Most poltical thing I'll do is harp at people I know who aren't voting to vote and I won't shut up about not voting until they do vote. lol

But yeah its going to be fun. DF told me to avoid the loggers though, they might not warm up to the fact that I'm american.

Hell I look like a logger.

Remember Canada is taller then it is wide. Neat little fun fact I learned.

congrats PTG; this his where you belong.

Glad you're moving up in the world (so to speak) Pierre. Are you moving to a place called Malaspina? Is it in British Columbia?

damn-there goes the neighbourhood.......

Congratulations :)

Now you'll have to learn to spell like a true Canadian :P

I already say neighbourhood, colour, centre, licence. Heck I got some Vancouver people I know to start typing in "canadian" english instead american.

lol

I threatened to buy them a Canadian dictionary.

I've been speaking/typing that way for a couple years now.

For about 2 years the only english I saw and heard was from the BBC so I started having little fights in my brain over how to spell it the 'american' way because I was so used to hearing the british/canadian way.

My Microsoft Word is set to Canadian English.

They said yes.

you and Captain_Stealth can be buddies now!!!

congrats to you BOTH!!!

:clap:

Glad you're moving up in the world (so to speak) Pierre. Are you moving to a place called Malaspina? Is it in British Columbia?

Nanaimo, BC its on Vancouver Island a ferry ride from Vancouver a little drive to Victoria. So its right in the middle.

Hopefully things can work out, I've still got some hurtles to go through.

Right now I'm at the stage where I've opened the door and I'm staring at what's in the room.

(you know the analogy of 'leaving the door open', well I've opened it) ball is in my court now. But I've got some paper work still to do (passport, student visa, fill out payment fee, residence fee, private student loan, health insurance (I need it for a month and then I'm 'in the system' or whatever), pick my classes, visit the place (orientation).

I've got to do all of that within the next few weeks before I can figure out how to stuff as much stuff in a couple bags as possible on a plane.

on top of that I'm going to need another job for the summer. lol

Busy Busy

I think you posted in the wrong thread KoZed. ;)

you and Captain_Stealth can be buddies now!!!

congrats to you BOTH!!!

:clap:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S COMING HERE?!?!?! :o:o:o

*Runs and hides and initiates protocol 7127- Stealth defensive systems are now activated*

la sweet!

When?

Cool!

you'll like it.

Quebec is very cool. Then again anywhere in Canada is awesome.

Damn straight!! congrats man.

:hlogo: