• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cuz the hockey stinks in Belgium. lol

Touché :P

We have a couple of very talented players, in all categories,

(especially goalies ;) )

but overall you're right.

Good one.

Pierre, let me congratulate you on coming to one of the most beautiful places in North America. I've lived in Victoria all 21 years of my life, and while it tends to get old, all it takes is a road trip away from here to remind me how nice it is.

If you feel like grabbing a few beers a pub while you're passing by, let me know. I'll show you South VanIsle.

Congratulations again, Malaspina is a great place to learn.

It's cool, but that's about it. Living here is a nightmare.

depends on where you're living.

if you speak english only, the saguenay may not be the best palce to be.

on the other end, if you only speak french, you'll be surprised on how hard it is to get served in french in the west island.

oh and yeah. taxes suck in the Q..big time !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Nova Scotia Pierre. That is unless you want more $ but name me anywhere in Canada you can afford lakefront cottage country property and have a house in the city if you can manage a 6 figure income?

My family has 5 cottages we all own. Good luck doing that anywhere else.

It's our little secret down here in NS :clap:

Nova Scotia Pierre. That is unless you want more $ but name me anywhere in Canada you can afford lakefront cottage country property and have a house in the city if you can manage a 6 figure income?

My family has 5 cottages we all own. Good luck doing that anywhere else.

It's our little secret down here in NS :clap:

can I get a light house? :lol:

can I get a light house? :lol:

Why not? :P Actually it staggers me that people from other provinces don't buy a piece of cottage country down here for their summers. Unfortunately foreigners seem to know about the secret.

Get it while the gettin's good people.

Anyway, no doubt your headed for Vancouver. That's a wicked place except that global warming will probably only make it rain more :(

but you guys'll get more and more hurricanes !

Wasn't a lot of Old town Halifax damaged by that one hurricane a couple years ago?

Alot of damage yes. But the biggest loss was a large chunk of Point Pleasant Park, Halifax's smaller version of Stanley Park. The trees are very old and the wind took some out. These trees fell on top of their neighbours thus resulting in the domino effect. The trees are still there and the park is nice but it has a big bald spot now.

The docks were ripped to shreds. We are talking huge planks of wood. The hurricane measured a level 4 for a brief time. Crazy. Biggest one I was ever in. I saw a sign that had to weigh 1/4 ton fall but the wind took it on a 45 degree angle downwards instead of it dropping straight to the ground.

Alot of damage yes. But the biggest loss was a large chunk of Point Pleasant Park, Halifax's smaller version of Stanley Park. The trees are very old and the wind took some out. These trees fell on top of their neighbours thus resulting in the domino effect. The trees are still there and the park is nice but it has a big bald spot now.

The docks were ripped to shreds. We are talking huge planks of wood. The hurricane measured a level 4 for a brief time. Crazy. Biggest one I was ever in. I saw a sign that had to weigh 1/4 ton fall but the wind took it on a 45 degree angle downwards instead of it dropping straight to the ground.

A.C. how are the parks being restored? Any tree planting or other government works trying to restore what once was....

I forgot to ask my Uncle as he was down here last week visiting and has lived in Halifax most of his life.

A.C. how are the parks being restored? Any tree planting or other government works trying to restore what once was....

I forgot to ask my Uncle as he was down here last week visiting and has lived in Halifax most of his life.

I dunno, I haven't gone down for a long time. But, given how things work in this province I'm willing to bet no one has raked a leaf yet.

Actually, all I noticed was that they were cutting away the dead timber to ship it off.

Rain more? :lol:

It will of course rain now and then and there and the occasionaly week where it's rainy. However, it's quite sunny here these days. Beautiful blue skies such as today. :)

I know... completely off topic once again! :king: