REGARDLESS OF WHO WE FACE

RJP

Well, given Boston's 3-0 lead over NJ after the 1st period, we could end up facing them after all. But whether it's the Bruins or the Leafs, or whomever, the Habs playoff hopes lie on 1 thing - how tough are they consistently willing to play mentally AND physically?.

IMO, Montreal is a team good enough to go far, but while I'm proud of their record on sportsmanship this season (i.e none of the goonery or thugery like the pathetic Leafs display), they WILL NOT get past the first round unless they accept the fact that, to a man, they have to punish opposing players, expecially around Theodore. The D-men have to buy-in to the fact that the area around Theodore belongs to them, they own it. Any opposing player wanting to enter that area must pay a price. We have the size in Souray, Komisarek, Quintal, Rivet, even Bouillion, to carry that out. The playoffs are about psychology, and Gainey knows that better than anyone.

Can the Habs play that way? I'm afraid not, that's not been their character during the regular season, they haven't been instructed to play that way. On the other hand, how many times have we seen our forwards treated with attitude in front of the opposing goalie? When that continues all game, our guys start playing from the peripheral and concede the front of the net, unable to get much past their goalie.

Play tough mentally and physically and we go far, especially with great goaltending from Theo. If not, if we let the opposition stand in front untouched, If we don't stand up in front of Theo, if we don't send the psychological message, we end up beating ourselves.

So pleeeeaaassse, Gainey and Julien, start the mental preparation NOW, get the boys ready for battle, get Souray and Begin to teach them all to play with ego and attitude, and then, if we end up losing, that's OK, we did our best. But as a fan, I'm tired of watching us go out like lambs and losing without pride.

Go Habs Go. Let's show them!!!!!

HABS vs BRUINS.....

Its the best we could hope for, and exactly what I wanted. The habs matchup better against Boston then we do vs any other eastern team... Thornton being injured only makes the matchup better for the habs, if Thornton tries to return, he will not be 100% ... Playing with injured-ribs is painful, and any hit to Thornton could re-injure him...

:ghg:

So the first game is on wednesday in Boston?

It will be a good and tough series, hopefully with the same result as 2 years ago. :-^

Are there any news for how long Thornton will be out?

@RJP: I totally agree with you, but the HABS also have to play with their speed. It's their big advantage over the Beaners. You saw that 2 years ago, Boston really had problems with the speedy Canadiens. And when NoWayJosé is hot, the HABS can go very deep into the playoffs. :/)

Key Players in our Boston Matchup:

Craig Rivet

Stephane Quintal

Steve Begin

Yes thats right those two players. These two players are gonna have to play extremely physical and step up their game. Of course i would add Souray he will play physical but you know that boston is going to take a lot of cheap shots at him becuase thats what they are a cheap team. Thats why Quintal must do exactly what he did last night protect Souray since souray cannot fight only throw hits. So it's going to be up to Rivet and Quintal to throw their bodies around and protect their players like never before. Actually I wouldn't mind Dressing 7 defensemen with Rivets back spasms replace Langdon with Komisarek give him some defensive shifts. Also let him go out and fight if necessary it'd be ncie getting him some playoff experience. Plus his size can be used against this team. As for steve begin everytime i watch a playoff series and we lose i never say ###### their star player it's always some 4th line player that kills you. It's the player that has energy to score a goal here and there it's the player that pisses you off so much that your team starts taking shots at him and take a penalty. So it's going to be up to him to step it up.

On a side note our best player against Boston has actually been Craig Rivet who leads the team with 2 goals against them including one ot winner which i'm sure many people can remember.

Ur right habinator33..........

Remember when kyle mclaren took out zednik? you wanna know why too? well im sure you all know why and thats because he was the most dangerous player on the ice. 8 pts in 4 playoff games, led the nhl.

We need begin, langdon, quintal, rivet, souray and even bouillon to protect our team, as well as themselves.

If they do, and koivu steps up with zednik, kovy, ribeiro, ryder and our 3rd line starts scoring more to provide more offence, we will win the series!!!