Imus, Rush, Opie and Anthony

Fanpuck33

Opie and Anthony did a skit on their show joking about how much a character would like to sexually assault of Condi Rice. We'll see if they take as much flak and lose their jobs like Imus, whose racist/sexist comment pales in comparison.

Who are Opie, Anthony and Imus? :?-

Who are Opie, Anthony and Imus? :?-

Opie and Anthony are shock jocks in....LA, I think. Imus was a sports announced who had some stupid comments about the Rutgers womens basketball team and was fired because of them.

Opie and Anthony are shock jocks in....LA, I think. Imus was a sports announced who had some stupid comments about the Rutgers womens basketball team and was fired because of them.

Ah. I feel informed now. :)

nope Imus was an old fart who had a history of racial slurs because he makes fun of people that was his skit. But, he was a political show, if you were in politics you went on that show.

O&A are a bunch of nobodies that wouldn't be anywhere in the biz if Howard Stern started calling them out. They used to be radio morning guys in New York and got fired for telling people to have sex in crazy places. Someone called in and then went on to have sex on the phone, in the biggest catholic church in NY, while mass was going on.

nope Imus was an old fart who had a history of racial slurs because he makes fun of people that was his skit. But, he was a political show, if you were in politics you went on that show.

O&A are a bunch of nobodies that wouldn't be anywhere in the biz if Howard Stern started calling them out. They used to be radio morning guys in New York and got fired for telling people to have sex in crazy places. Someone called in and then went on to have sex on the phone, in the biggest catholic church in NY, while mass was going on.

That is so on my list of things to do before I die. :lol:

lol the people got arrested.

The skit went like this.

O&A: We've got a caller from St. Patrick's Cathedral

Caller: I'm mounting my chick man

girl: starts moaning

Security Guard: What the hell is going on? There's a mass going on

fight ensues

Couple gets arrested

Catholic Protests

O&A fired

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opie_and_Anthony#Sex_for_Sam

About freaking time to get this racist off the air.

US talk show host Rush Limbaugh has come under fire for airing a racially charged song about the Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Limbaugh has been playing a song called Barack the Magic Negro, to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon.

The right-wing talk show host defended himself by saying he is an entertainer and the song is a parody.

Mr Obama, who hopes to become the first black American president, has played down the row.

Rush Limbaugh, whose radio show is one of the most popular in the US, justified running the song by saying that an article by a black commentator in the liberal Los Angeles Times was the first to link the term "magic negro" to Mr Obama.

Limbaugh said liberals upset about the term should be aware that "magic negro" is a historical cultural term, a reference to benevolent African-Americans portrayed in old films.

_42907363_limbaugh_ap203b.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6642029.stm

lol the people got arrested.

As well they should have been. If XM radio has any balls they'll fire them over this. I've always known they were sick bastards, but this is bad for even them.

And the media reaction? Nothing from CNN or MSNBC about the comments.

That is so on my list of things to do before I die. :lol:

Given your preferences and the Catholic view of them, having sex in a Catholic church might not just lead to your arrest... but your crucifixion.

:P

because its XM.

They're also syndicated on many FM stations. In fact, they were on a Columbus rock station for a while. The bozos started getting syndicated talk radio shows to replace their 24 hour a day rock station. A few months later, they gave up because people stopped listening to the station and they changed to stinking country.

But Rush's Magic Negro song is appalling.

Typical of right wing radio, bigoted, racist, sexist and utterly cruel.

Please explain how that song is worse than joking about raping a woman? And don't even think about trying to say Rush is a typical right wing radio personality. There's a reason why most people who agree with a lot of his political views don't even like him.

P.S. CNN now has an article up, still nothing on MSNBC. Hooray for hypocrisy!

I'm not defending Rush's song, but I wonder if the would be such controversy if a black personality, say, Al Sharpton, sang a song called "Bush the Magic White Man." For some reason, I kinda doubt it.

yeah but after Imus anything racially sensitive on the air, your career is done.

Which basically means far right wing extremists on the radio will be out of a job soon.

speaking of extremists :)

Given your preferences and the Catholic view of them, having sex in a Catholic church might not just lead to your arrest... but your crucifixion.

:P

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it's more likely that I'd be burned at the stake though. I can't recall any instances in which Christians crucified anyone.

I'm not defending Rush's song, but I wonder if the would be such controversy if a black personality, say, Al Sharpton, sang a song called "Bush the Magic White Man." For some reason, I kinda doubt it.

I haven't heard the song nor read the lyrics, but I have to agree with you. There's definitely a double-standard when it comes to black/white "racist" situations.

yeah but after Imus anything racially sensitive on the air, your career is done.

Which basically means far right wing extremists on the radio will be out of a job soon.

Career done?? There's talk Imus may be back as soon as september.

Career done?? There's talk Imus may be back as soon as september.

Doing what? Community radio? :lol:

Imus never evolved as a broadcaster. He did cheesy bits and played mostly music in the 70's. Then Stern came along and decimated Imus. He decided to up the 'shock' and for the past 20 or so years he's always been this cynical old fart spewing nuclear waste. He looks like he's half dead. But that's due to cocaine abuse in the 70's and 80's.