Line-up I'd like to see in Oct.

you want to give up ryder so we can keep a over paid player.. may be you didnt see the last game of the year and who showed up

too bad he chose to show up only in the last game..it would've been if he did so a bit earlier

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad he chose to show up only in the last game..it would've been if he did so a bit earlier

another 30 goal season and you dont think he shows up all year my mistake what do i know. maybe if we paid him 5 mil a year and if he bitch about the team all the time and how its everyone else fault that there not winning, he could turn into a great pay..but you never know he just might because he as some great players to learn from.. so dont give up on ryder..

another 30 goal season and you dont think he shows up all year my mistake what do i know. maybe if we paid him 5 mil a year and if he bitch about the team all the time and how its everyone else fault that there not winning, he could turn into a great pay..but you never know he just might because he as some great players to learn from.. so dont give up on ryder..

as a 30 goals scorer, he should've been more of a factor. I would like to see how many of those goals were tying goals or go-ahead goals.

ryder always gives me a taste of wanting to see more of him. should he give a greater effort, that guy would be 40 goal scorer.

as a 30 goals scorer, he should've been more of a factor. I would like to see how many of those goals were tying goals or go-ahead goals.

ryder always gives me a taste of wanting to see more of him. should he give a greater effort, that guy would be 40 goal scorer.

ok, want do you what a 30 goals score, who a factor sometimes, and keeps his mouth closes or a ex-super star that is over paid and only plays when he feels like it(which is not much)..the biggest touble is in the dressing room, we need to start fresh with guys that can lead the young guys.

ok, want do you what a 30 goals score, who a factor sometimes, and keeps his mouth closes or a ex-super star that is over paid and only plays when he feels like it(which is not much)..the biggest touble is in the dressing room, we need to start fresh with guys that can lead the young guys.

I want players who can offert something else then goals scoring. cause when they slump like ryder foten does, they're non existent.

the Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn line should not be broken up.

Koivu should stick with Latendresse and Ryder.

then Smyth can come and play LW for Grabovski and Kovalev

the 4th line can feature Begin, Lapierre and maybe Johnson on RW (or a cheaper option than Johnson).

Bob shocked me when he dished out a 4 year deal at 5.75 for Markov. Even more, when he said that he was talking to Souray's agent.

I love Markov, but Bob set the bar too many steps up the ladder.

Souray will be unaffordable. He will command about the same $$$$.

We can't spend 11-12 mil on 2 d-men.

Even if we say goodbye to Bonk, Abby, Ryder, Johnson, we save only 8-9 million.

If the 2007-2008 Cap is 48-49 million, that leaves 2-3 mil. to replace three forwards.

Unless something special is flowing up the AHL pipeline, I'm very concerned.

My guess is that Souray is going elsewhere ( I hope he gets a great deal ) and we will be able to improve up front.

the true key is to sign the finnish flash for ( 1yr 4.5 million and a 2nd year 5million club otion) to play the left wing with Koivu and ryder until our youth are seasoned because truth be told we do not have a VANEK/ CROSBY/ MALKIN TYPE STUD EXCEPT FOR PRICE AND POSSIBLY SERGEI KOSTY

keep the entire higgins/pleks/ kosty lione in tact and give them 82 games

the third should consist of lats/ bonk (at only 1.5) and kovy

put begin on the fourth with lapierre and try to sign gelinas (playoff swagger)

OUR DEFENSE needs our cap space

markov>> komi

schnieder>> souray

streit>> danny markov

janceveski

jorges

we dump sammy for a fourth or waive him

we dump dandy for a 4th or waive him also

WE DUMP BOUILLION FOR A THIRD

ideally i would LIKE TO MOVE KOVY AND PICK UP DRURY TO PLAY WITH LATS AND A FRESH FACE ON THE RIGHT. MAYBE CHIPS BUT I THINK HE STILL ISNT QUITE READY.

ANOTHER MOVE COULD BE TO BRING UP PRICE TO SHARE THE LOAD WITH HALAK AND PACKAGE HUET WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE TO GET A STUD HOPEFULLY JAY BOUMEESTER, THEN WE WOULD BE LAUGHING CAUSE HE IS OUTSTANDING.

EMELIN IS DEFINITELY READY FOR THE NHL IF HE COMES I WATCHED HIM DOMINATE IN THE UNDER21'S AND WAS BY FAR THE BEST DEFENCEMEN. WAY BETTER THEN STAAL. HE LED ALL DEFENCE IN POINTS AND PUS MINUS AND NOBODY COULD SCORE WHEN HE WAS ON THE ICE. HE COULD TAKE DANNY MARKOV'S SPOT.

ON A FINAL NOTE: THE ONLY DEFENCEMEN THAT IS READY FOR THE HABS FROM THE DOGS IS DAN JAN. HE IS THERE BEST D-MAN HANDS DOWN. NOT COTE NOT NOBODY. HE IS THE ONLY ONE READY. I AM FROM HAMILTON AND HAVE WATCHED OVER 15 HOME GAMES AND TRUST ME HE IS THE ONLY ONE. HAMILTON HAS BENEFITED FROM 3 GREAT GOALIES THIS YEAR AND PRICE IS PERFORMING AT A VERY HIGH LEVEL IN THESE PLAYOFFS. HE DEFINITLY HAS THAT SWAGGER THAT WE HAVENT SEEN SINCE YES THATS RIGHT ......ST. PATRICK. HE IS LEADING US RIGHT NOW. WE HAVE NO FORWARDS READY. GRABAVOSKI HAS BEEN NOTHING MORE THEN AVERAGE WITHOUT KOSTITSYN AND IS SMALL AND VERY EASILY AND I MEAN VERY EASILY PUSHED OFF THE PUCK. HE HAS GREAT ABILITY/ TALENT BUT IM AFRAID HE ISNT READY FOR FULLTIME habs DUTY. NOT IF WE WANT TO BE CONTENDERS. HE NEEDS 1 MORE YEAR. MATT D'AGO IS OUR CLOSEST OFFENCE AND CHIPS OUR BEST CHECKER

BY THE WAY I DIDNT BOTHER TO CHECK MY SPELLING OR IF IT WOULD WORK UNDER THE CAP

SELANNE/ KOIVU/ RYDER

HIGGINS/PLEKS/ KOSTY

LATS/DRURY/ D'AGOSTINI

BEGIN/ LAPIERRE/ GELINAS

MARKOV/ KOMI

SCHNIEDER/ SOURAY

STRIET/ D. MARKOV (EMELIN)

JORGES

DAN JANKO

AND DUMP EVERYONE ELSE FOR ANYTHING

Excuse me while I head-butt the pillow.

BTW, Pierre M beleives Teemu is calling it quits after this year. Sad. Win or lose. he's a deserving winner of some silver trophy.

Lanny McDonald comes to mind.

GOOD NIGHT NOW !!!

i thought lanny won it with calgary when they beat the habs.

i know wishful thinking with that line up. but that would be my approach. get a winger dump the defence if really want to revamp it. see if u can score a center and rebuild ur d. then introduce another rookie. easy know???

ha

i thought lanny won it with calgary when they beat the habs.

i know wishful thinking with that line up. but that would be my approach. get a winger dump the defence if really want to revamp it. see if u can score a center and rebuild ur d. then introduce another rookie. easy know???

ha

I like your idea of dumping the D but I think that if Souray is signed we have no room left for Selanne or Druy let alone both of them, plus Schnieder/D.Markov. Emilen is a good idea and so is schnieder if Souray goes south.

Markov/Komi

Schieder/Emilen

Streit/Volentenko or Gorges or Hannan(wishful)

I like the Idea of having a big Russian blue line (sounds intimidating three players talking Russian back there )

I too have been to a few Hamilton Games this year and I have to agree with you about Grabovski, but I think that Chips would do well on a line with Lapierre and Begin/Johnson, or perhaps on a third line centered by Plekanec if we some how get a 1st line center.

How bout an all bulldogs line of Lapierre/Plekanec/Chips....just too bad there all centers (I see a lot of Higgins in Chips...figuritively of course)

GO HABS GO

Markov/Komi

Schieder/Emilen

Streit/Volentenko or Gorges or Hannan(wishful)

Do you honestly want two D-men who have never played North American hockey in the lineup? Emelin I can maybe see making the top 6, but Valentenko? He was a 5th round draft pick last year, he's not gonna step up and be a starter in the NHL right away. O'Byrne makes tons more sense than Valentenko, and even then, two rookies on D is not gonna work out well for the Habs, especially when one of your other 4 spent as much time at F as on D last year.

Schneider would be a nice option, but only if he's cheap. He's up there in years and has started getting the injury bug the last couple years.

Currently under contract for the Habs are:

Begin, Bouillon, Dandenault, Halak, Huet, Kostitsyn, Koivu, Kovalev, Lapierre, Latendresse, Markov, Murray, Samsonov, and Streit. They total 30 million. That's 2 goalies, 4 D, and 8 forwards.

RFAs include:

Gorges, Higgins, Komisarek, Plekanec, and Ryder. (I don't include Perezhogin, though techincally he is an RFA.) I figure Gorges to make in the 500k to 750k range. Higgins, Komisreak, and Plekanec likely will fall into the 1.5 million range. Ryder will likely be up to the 2.5 million range. That's about 7.5 million, we'll go ahead and round up to 8 million. That brings us to 38 million for 2 goalies, 6 D, and 11 forwards.

UFA Ability

Thus far, the lineup would look something roughly like this:

Kovalev - Koivu - Ryder

Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Begin - Lapierre - Latendresse

??? - ??? - Murray

Markov - Komisarek

Bouillon - Dandenault

Streit - Gorges

Huet

Halak

Now, for all intents and purposes, Samsonov will almost assuredly be gone at the draft for a pick, so I left him out. That leaves 2 forward spots open and two-three pressbox seats open. To fill those spots, we have 9.5 million left under the cap. Let's say they bring up Ferland (500k) for a 4th line spot and sign a UFA center for the 4th line (800k). We now have about 8 million to use for Souray, Briere, Drury, or Smyth, plus some depth players. I think the team is in a much better position if they sign Drury for 6 million and use the other 2 million on a steady D-man who will allow Gorges to be a depth player.

Currently under contract for the Habs are:

I think the team is in a much better position if they sign Drury for 6 million and use the other 2 million on a steady D-man who will allow Gorges to be a depth player.

6 mil is too much for us to spend on Drury....don't get me wrong, i like him but we need a bigger body up front. If it didn't work out we'd be stuck with it, just like Sammy

6 mil is too much for us to spend on Drury....don't get me wrong, i like him but we need a bigger body up front. If it didn't work out we'd be stuck with it, just like Sammy

Drury is twice the player Samsonov ever was. He's tougher than Briere, who's gonna be getting in the 7 million range. I'll take Drury at 6 million over Briere at 7 million.

Bouillon and Dandeneault will be part of the 2007-2008 first game lineup. Stop dreaming.

It seems clear that BOb gave Dandenault a good security deal and that would seem to indicate a long term commitment to a player. However, given his experience, what he is getting paid and his general value he is very movable. The return is questionable though. Bouillon is on the other hand difficult for sure.

How important is Dandenault in the grand scheme of things is anyones guess.

Drury is twice the player Samsonov ever was. He's tougher than Briere, who's gonna be getting in the 7 million range. I'll take Drury at 6 million over Briere at 7 million.

I wouldn't give Briere 7 mil either. The Habs don't need players like those, they need size up the middle. let the other teams who already have size worry about how much they can over spend on Drury or Briere, Neither of them is worth more than 5 to this team, the Habs simply can't afford it for the type of players they already have.

i realize that Drury is way better than Sammsonov, but he will also not fit in on this team....just like Sammy

I wouldn't give Briere 7 mil either. The Habs don't need players like those, they need size up the middle. let the other teams who already have size worry about how much they can over spend on Drury or Briere, Neither of them is worth more than 5 to this team, the Habs simply can't afford it for the type of players they already have.

i realize that Drury is way better than Sammsonov, but he will also not fit in on this team....just like Sammy

why don't you think Drury would fit? Who's he like that we already have too many of? I agree that Briere is like all the players we already have but with more talent (or at least, more fulfilled potential), but what's your knock on Drury? Is it just lack of size, because if that's it, he's not that small...

why don't you think Drury would fit? Who's he like that we already have too many of? I agree that Briere is like all the players we already have but with more talent (or at least, more fulfilled potential), but what's your knock on Drury? Is it just lack of size, because if that's it, he's not that small...

First off I'd like to say that I do like him, I think that he is a really good player.

But i fear that he will not turn out the same performance as the last two years in which he had 30 and 37 goals respectively. Previously was hovering around the 20 goal mark for 6 years. He only really exploded in production in Buffalo after the lock out, and the habs are not at the level of Buffalo offensively

we already have players like Plekanec and Higgins, that show much the same qualities of Drury, albiet with less experience. I just think that 6-7 mil can be better spent for this team, just for example Olli Jokinen is a 5 Mil player and I think that he would fit our team better than Drury, or Marleau at 4 mil would be good. (these are just examples I know that there are differences between tradeing and signing UFA in terms of $).

We need a guy that can carry a line by himself if need be, I am just not sure that Drury can be that guy on this team, not for 6-7 mil.

I hope this cleared up my point of view

First off I'd like to say that I do like him, I think that he is a really good player.

But i fear that he will not turn out the same performance as the last two years in which he had 30 and 37 goals respectively. Previously was hovering around the 20 goal mark for 6 years. He only really exploded in production in Buffalo after the lock out, and the habs are not at the level of Buffalo offensively

we already have players like Plekanec and Higgins, that show much the same qualities of Drury, albiet with less experience. I just think that 6-7 mil can be better spent for this team, just for example Olli Jokinen is a 5 Mil player and I think that he would fit our team better than Drury, or Marleau at 4 mil would be good. (these are just examples I know that there are differences between tradeing and signing UFA in terms of $).

We need a guy that can carry a line by himself if need be, I am just not sure that Drury can be that guy on this team, not for 6-7 mil.

I hope this cleared up my point of view

THanks for the explanation! It does make quite a bit of sense. I WISH Olli Jokinen was available. Ryan Smyth would be the best too. But with both of these guys, I think this is sadly just a dream...

THanks for the explanation! It does make quite a bit of sense. I WISH Olli Jokinen was available. Ryan Smyth would be the best too. But with both of these guys, I think this is sadly just a dream...

I would be absolutely thrilled if the Habs could get Souray for 4 million (let him go if it's any more) while trading Samsonov and Kovalev. With the cap space cleared by those two, they'd have an outside chance at pulling in both Smyth and Drury. A pipe dream, of course, but a good dream nonetheless.

I would be absolutely thrilled if the Habs could get Souray for 4 million (let him go if it's any more) while trading Samsonov and Kovalev. With the cap space cleared by those two, they'd have an outside chance at pulling in both Smyth and Drury. A pipe dream, of course, but a good dream nonetheless.

yeah.... that would be beyond ideal, but realistically, I doubt we can lose Kovy, and even if we get rid of Sammy, we'll either end up with some sort of salary dump in return or a buy out, so that lowers the cap space saving... and then for UFA's, it's a two way street. I know money's a huge part of it, so if we're offering big bucks to a Smyth, that's good, but the other part is he has to want to come...