Will anyone be rooting for Ottawa to win the Cup

Or is it unearable to have their fans gloat and you hope even if they get to the final (a 3-0 lead seems insumountable but you never know) that they get compelty trounced off anaheim or detroit- what comes first nationla pride or habs pride?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont cheer for ottawa based on the fact that they're the last canadian team..no way, jose.

but will I cheer for ottawa, based on the fact that they're best team thus far in the playoffs and that they offer great hockey. hell yeah !!!

I'm from Ottawa, so I'm cheering for Ottawa for sure. If Montreal was still in, of course I'd want them, but Ottawa's my hometown and the city's getting pretty excited. I'm on the bandwagon for now, but next year I'll be back to full-time Montreal-cheering.

They're the most exciting team to watch

They're the most dominating team to watch

They play the game right

Who cares if its Ottawa

Then well yeah, I want to see Gary Bettman have to give the cup to a Canadian team, in the Canadian city.

Exactly my opinion!

I am not cheering for Ottawa and as for exciting hockey they play the trap a lot when they have the lead so to say they are the most fun to watch is a bit odd.

I'll cheer for Ottawa simply because I'm living here now. Although I was in Montreal during the Habs' last Stanley Cup win, I don't remember it very well. I think it will be a hell of a party here in Ottawa if they win it and I am excited to be here for that. That is why I will cheer for them.

My allegiance goes Montreal, Quebec, Canada ... just like my mailing address. If Hotel-de-Ville had a hockey team, that would probably be my favorite above the habs ;)

So, yeah ... go Sens go! Keep the cup in Canada. Anaheim doesn't deserve it, and I'm sick of Detroit having it.

As stubborn as this sounds coming from a Canadian citizen, I really hope Ottawa doesn't win the cup. Why? As a Canadiens fan, we have one thing left to claim...that the CH were the last CDN team to win the Stanley Cup!! Now lets keep it that way...brb...going to confession booth

Me-"CMON!!!! hurry up whoevers in there"

Stranger- "Ok im going to keep this short and sweet, God, please dont let the NHL test me or any other Senator for steroids, yours truly, Alfie Da Clown"

LETS GO BUFFALO? DETROIT? ANAHEIM? :unsure:

As stubborn as this sounds coming from a Canadian citizen, I really hope Ottawa doesn't win the cup. Why? As a Canadiens fan, we have one thing left to claim...that the CH were the last CDN team to win the Stanley Cup!! Now lets keep it that way...brb...going to confession booth

Me-"CMON!!!! hurry up whoevers in there"

Stranger- "Ok im going to keep this short and sweet, God, please dont let the NHL test me or any other Senator for steroids, yours truly, Alfie Da Clown"

LETS GO BUFFALO? DETROIT? ANAHEIM? :unsure:

Of course I want the Senators to win the cup! However, one series at a time which means defeat Buffalo then we think of the cup. I have been a Canadiens fan since 1952 and I do not feel I am betraying the team.

I will cheer for Ottawa the day i'll die. ###### the Leafs! ###### Ottawa!

Oh it might have somthing with the Ontario thing...

Go Ducks!!!!

Since the Habs were eliminated from the postseason I have been secretly cheering for Ottawa (not much of a secret now though)

It doesn't have anything to do with being the last Canadian team, more because of some Sens players that I enjoy watching.

If Ottawa is to win the cup, it would be easier for them to play Detroit then it would be with the Ducks.

So I guess go Wings.

The only Canadian teams I wouldn't mind seeing win it if Montreal can't are Vancouver and Ottawa, mainly because having Toronto, Edmonton, or Calgary win would be unbearable since I know so many fans of those 3 teams. Vancouver & Ottawa fans aren't much different than LA Kings fans as far as numbers go around here. Practically no one who isn't from BC cheers for the Canucks, and they're by far the longest suffering franchise in the country. The Senators are still a new team and really haven't established much of a fan base.

I've dropped a lot of the hate/disgust I once had for franchises. For the most part I'm neutral in these series, though.

As far as that "last Canadian team to win the Cup" thing, it's been so long since '93 that it's rendered itself meaningless.

One thing I fear with Ottawa winning is that it'll be the first of many.

Edited by saskhab

Plus if the Sens win the cup it will drive Leafs fans crazy.

I was about to say I disagree with the posters cheering for the Senators except I had a revelation thanks to Bullsmith.

Driving Leaf fans crazy would be great, but it would drive Leaf media into long drinking spells as they continue to prop up their 40year loser!

EXCELLENT!!!!

mr%20burns.jpg

1. Buffalo

2. Anaheim

3. Detroit

4. Ottawa

I lose 5 bucks if Detroit wins, but at least I like some of their players. Buffalo is the most fun to watch when their heads are on straight. Anaheim is fun also, plus I didn't see the hit last night so it can't affect my judgement. I nothing most of the players on Ottawa and I really don't like Ray Emery.

I'm cheering for everyone except Ottawa. I can see people that live in Ottawa might want a big party and yes it would be fun. I might even go myself, but just think about this summer and next season about how much gloating they will do. I usually go to all 4 Habs Sens games in Ottawa every season and IMO it is already bad enough. For the most part there are a lot of ignorant Sens fans who go because they get free tickets or go to get wasted and not even watch the game. Now I know everyone will jump all over me because I said that and I know that there are diehard Ottawa Senator fans but the feel for the support in Ottawa is weird. You would never see a "red mile" or whatever in Ottawa because not enough people care. I went to this place called the Honest lawyer the other night to watch the game (last Saturday) and sure the place was full, but I would only say about half of the bar/restaurant was actually watching. Anyways this is a big ramble but I just don't want to hear all the dumb Sens fans rubbing my nose in their success 4 times next year when I go watch the Habs in Ottawa. I know I can say 24 cups but something tells me they wont care about that.

I'm cheering for Ottawa, and not just because they're Canadian. I like high-octane offense, and often Ottawa provides that (less so in the playoffs, but my like for them carries over from the reg. season). I like aggressive forechecking, and many of the Sens do that well. I like to see big open-ice hits, and Volchenkov provides those on a fairly regular basis.

And, there's the 'X-factor': I know how much it's going to piss off Leaf fans to see the Sens hoist the Cup, and I like the thought of seeing Leafs fans suffer!!!

I'm not cheering for Ottawa because they're Canadian, I'm cheering for Ottawa because I follow them just about as closely as I do the Avs and love the team to death. I've suffered through all of those choke jobs and nothing would be sweeter then to finally win the Cup.

Leaf fans will still say that we had to wait for them to not make the playoffs first though. Bastards. :angry:

So no, I'm not on the bandwagon like I was last year for Edmonton, that was a pure Canadian thing. Me wanting the Sens to win the Cup goes much, much deeper.

I'm not cheering for Ottawa because they're Canadian, I'm cheering for Ottawa because I follow them just about as closely as I do the Avs and love the team to death. I've suffered through all of those choke jobs and nothing would be sweeter then to finally win the Cup.

Leaf fans will still say that we had to wait for them to not make the playoffs first though. Bastards. :angry:

So no, I'm not on the bandwagon like I was last year for Edmonton, that was a pure Canadian thing. Me wanting the Sens to win the Cup goes much, much deeper.

:angry::angry::angry::angry: I surely hope it is AVS before Sens.....

Oh well, it was Habs before AVS for me :P