HABS vs BRUINS: Game 2, April 9th

sakiqc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weak weak goal by Theodore, your goalie has to be able to stop those shots in OT... He let us down bigtime... Instead of possibly going back to Montreal tied 1-1 we're in a deep hole down 0-2 ...

:puke::puke::puke:

No, he had a clear shot.

You can't just let him f*cking walk in like that. It's ridiculous. Pisses me off.

He pranced in.

CJ better pick it up. Work on the PP, dress Perreault and stop changing the damn lines. His strategy isn't working when your team only scores once on a 5 on 3.

:nono:

Originally posted by Ribeiro

No, he had a clear shot.

You can't just let him f*cking walk in like that.  It's ridiculous.  Pisses me off.

He pranced in.  

CJ better pick it up.  Work on the PP, dress Perreault and stop changing the damn lines.  His strategy isn't working when your team only scores once on a 5 on 3.

You are absolutely right but I'm pissed off that Thoedore couldn't stop such an easy shot. 5 million dollar man........

We played well overall. We had some awesome chances to score. The bruins defence is doing a good job.

We could have been 1-1...now barring a miracle, we are done.

FRUSTRATED :puke:

This was our game. We worked our asses off. Guys like Ward, Begin, etc. All of 'em played great. And Theodore turns the gold into flat out shit.

So what if he was great for the rest of the game, that was disgustingly shitty. The players won the game and the goalie threw it all to shit.

No excuse there. Only cure is to win on Sun, and I think we will. BUT, if Theodore chokes again how badly do you really want him back.

Originally posted by jl.roberts

This was our game. We worked our asses off. Guys like Ward, Begin, etc. All of 'em played great. And Theodore turns the gold into flat out shit.

So what if he was great for the rest of the game, that was disgustingly shitty. The players won the game and the goalie threw it all to shit.

No excuse there. Only cure is to win on Sun, and I think we will. BUT, if Theodore chokes again how badly do you really want him back.

You expect a clutch performance from Theodore but not from the rest of the team? A few chances to put the game away in the 3rd but they don't. Going for the easy goat horns on Theodore right away is disgustingly shitty, IMO. Wouldn't want you on my team in the playoffs - trigger finger on the blame gun is too quick.

Originally posted by jl.roberts

Look, fact of the matter is that shot can't go in. It was horrible. Horrible.

Whatever. It's enough to blame Theodore for the loss. Horrible goal? So what! I reiterate: win as a team lose as a team.

Blaming individuals is easy but it doesn't work on a team. I can imagine YOU as a habs, ranting at Theodore in the room after this loss - and I can also imagine Julien and Gainey telling you to pack up and go home 'cause "blaming" is not how it's done on any good team.

I'd guess you've never played any team sports 'cause playing the "blame game" ain't the way it's done.

OT loss on a weak goal? So what... deal with it, put it behind you and move on - that's the way it's done.

BTW, if Theodore sucks for the rest of the series against Boston then I'll eat crow. But I dout I'll have to.

Look guys, I like Theo as much as the next guy.

I am though frustrated and fuming after the loss. The team is a passion for me in the same that it is for the rest of you guys.

We played our butts off - the whole team including the goalie - and Jose blew it on a softie. He's still a great goalie but that can't happen.

Bulis had some chances, yeah, but Raycroft was there, even if there was some luck involved.

Unfortunately, Bergeron also had that luck as it was a terrible goal that escaped Theo. I know I've said that a lot but I can't h elp but be disapointed tonight.

Regardless, I still believe he can come through for us and we will win at home. And as much as I want to forgive Theo, I really don't like him refusing to take the blame as he did after the game tonight. That's not right either.

[Edited on 2004/4/10 by jl.roberts]

Not the best outcome one would hope for, but the Habs promised improvement, and improvement we got.

I think we should bench Dagenais for the next game, bring Perreault in, and keep Langdon, but play him a bit more. Ribeiro, in another thread you called Julien a few names, and in your opinion we could have used his faceoff help. Thing is, we needed to beat the big boys back, and Langdon is the person to help do that. We eventually shortened the bench, which was why he didn't play much. In tight games, I wouldn't want Perreault on the ice either, as he's a defensive liability.

IMO, lines for next game should be:

Perreault-Koivu-Kovalev

Zednik-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Dowd-Ward

Juneau-Begin-Langdon

I also thought about switching Ryder with Kovalev, but I'm unsure of Kovalev's chemistry with Ribeiro - does he have more with Koivu? Yes, I know he doesn't have much chemistry now, but that's what we have to build. And Perreault with Ribeiro hasn't worked before, no point trying it now.

And I've got another great idea - remember that 4 game losing streak in February, and Theodore broke out of his personal winless streak by playing each game "as if it were a playoff game"?

I reckon he should try that again - playoff games mean saving the easy shots, and not choking. He's succeeded once before, he can do it again.

Cross fingers for Komi next game :eyes:

Ribeiro, in another thread you called Julien a few names, and in your opinion we could have used his faceoff help.  Thing is, we needed to beat the big boys back, and Langdon is the person to help do that.  We eventually shortened the bench, which was why he didn't play much.  In tight games, I wouldn't want Perreault on the ice either, as he's a defensive liability.  

At least he has playoff experience. You could easily dump Dagenais or Ward and not move back a step in skill. You've got better experience, offensive power and face-off skill.

The Powerplay needed help. You're not going to get that from Dagenais or Langdon. Dagenais is horrible.

Perreault-Koivu-Kovalev  

Zednik-Ribeiro-Ryder  

Bulis-Dowd-Ward  

Juneau-Begin-Langdon  

How about moving back to the lines we had when we were winning?

The lines we had back when we were winning were not lines that we used against opposition that were as big as the Bruins. The Bruins have several lines and defensive pairings that are huge, and hit hard. Boston is one of the biggest teams in the league, and playing a small soft centre that is prone to invisibility and defensive lapses is not a good thing.

I'd rather Langdon play 5 minutes a night, and keep Boston in check, so that any suspect hit or injury on/to our players comes at a price than have Perreault who could easily have cost us a goal or two had he been playing in the final 10 minutes.

Also, we don't need Perreault for his face-offs - with Thornton injured, we were winning a solid 60% upwards of the draws. I would like to substitute Perreault into the lineup, but not in the place of Langdon.

Think about it, who would you rather have shoving Green - Perreault or Langdon? Because we all know Green's going to be shoving Koivu/Kovalev/Theo...

I'd rather Langdon play 5 minutes a night, and keep Boston in check, so that any suspect hit or injury on/to our players comes at a price than have Perreault who could easily have cost us a goal or two had he been playing in the final 10 minutes.  

When has he done something like that? He was one of the best players Game 1.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

He was one of the best players Game 1.

That's not necessarily a compliment - as I recall, the whole team played pretty badly. And he had less than 10 minutes of ice time, and was (not coincidentally) one of the only players with a -1.

I'm not saying I don't want him in the lineup, because I do, and on the first line even. However, I am saying that I want Langdon in as well, so remove Dagenais, relegate Zednik and/or Kovalev, and if both of those guys are on the 2nd line, move Ryder to 1st.

Our rookies (Ryder+Komisarek) should be able to beat their rookies (Bergeron+Raycroft). I bet that's what it comes down to in the end

The boys played a real good game tonight! they definitely deserved to win.....With that effort they put in tonight it has to be a positive now heading home..

2 games to nothin wont mean a thing if they play the way they can at home..

This is a series that the Habs are capable of stealing!..

:ghg::ghg:

Well - don't forget that our recent streaks (as our latest 10-1-1-1) came after a slumping week. Now we've failed to win 6 out of our 7 latest games or so - hopefully with this latest game behind us we will see a turnaround, and a begining of another streak. An 8-1 streak would be nice, for example, in the upcoming nine games, and ending off the season with 8-5 or something like that, which would make it 16-8 overall in the playoffs :D. 16 wins equals......yeah, you know the deal... :)

there is still hope in turning this series around, and I have faith in our team after last nights effort.

Go Habs Go

[Edited on 2004/4/10 by DJ_Laszlo]