HABS vs BRUINS: Game 2, April 9th

sakiqc

Kovalev gets promoted to the top line and does....jack shit....one assist not enough !!! what an assclown....thanks for the effort kovy.

I'd bench him, the team had more chemistry without him.

[Edited on 2004/4/10 by Guy10]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalev was one of our better players on the night I thought...

But as DJ said, we always seem to get hot after a losing streak. The players, ie Souray, Kovalev, Koivu, etc all seem to be thinking that it's a brand new series now and I like that. The guys won't give up and I expect Gainey's given everyone some talking to.

I think the lines should stay the same way. If there's any change, perhaps it would be one of Begin or Ward on the 2nd line. I'd probably go with Begin, seeing as I really like the third line of Bulis - Dowd - Ward.

On the fourth, I want Langdon to stay, and I'd like Sundstrom in there too if he's healthy because he's won in the playoffs before and is yet another guy who can shut down the other team.

GO HABS

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

Way back in 2002 Theodore had let in 8 after 2 games against the Bruins - this year it's only 5. Of course, the big difference is the Habs were 1-1 after 2.

I dunno, if the Habs lose to the Bruins I can't get all worked up over it - they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs. Gainey seems to view the 2004 playoffs as part of a learning curve for the Habs - and a further means of weeding out the non-performers on te team.

If the Habs bounce back and win, great. If they lose they got beat by the better team and I'm not going to go out and burn Julien, Kovalev, Theodore, Brisebois, et al in effigy.

This year's been a great ride but next year, with all the great talent that's now available to the team, is what I'm looking forward to. The Habs are on the verge of something special in the long-term.

Originally posted by habitual_hab

If the Habs lose to the Bruins I can't get all worked up over it - they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs.

Quoted for emphasis - Good call

Originally posted by habitual_hab

Way back in 2002 Theodore had let in 8 after 2 games against the Bruins  - this year it's only 5. Of course, the big difference is the Habs were 1-1 after 2.  

I dunno, if the Habs lose to the Bruins I can't get all worked up over it - they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs. Gainey seems to view the 2004 playoffs as part of a learning curve for the Habs - and a further means of weeding out the non-performers on te team.

If the Habs bounce back and win, great. If they lose they got beat by the better team and I'm not going to go out and burn Julien, Kovalev, Theodore, Brisebois, et al in effigy.

This year's been a great ride but next year, with all the great talent that's now available to the team, is what I'm looking forward to. The Habs are on the verge of something special in the long-term.

That is true.

I was just dissapointed to loose. We may come back. We did compete with them. I hope Theo finds his groove, he can be unbeatable. I thought Kovalev played well, I hope CJ keeps him on that first line.

The second line needs help. They are being manhandled. Someone suggested Begin on the second. It's not a bad idea, someone to bang and crash and win some board battles. Dags had some good shots but if you can't get the puck often then a good shot is useless.

Game three in Habville. We can win the next two.

:ghg:

The bottom line is we can't score. We are in dire need of a presence near the net. Ribs, Perreault, Koivu, Zednik, and Kovy are all too weak to withstand the pressure near Raycroft, and the reason that Steve Begin got all the scoring opportunities in game 2 is because he is tough enough to take the blows. Raycroft is easily scored on when rebounds occur, he is a terrific goalie at stopping shots from the point though. Without someone to obstruct Raycroft's view, pointmen are useless. Brisebois, Souray, Rivet, Quintal, Bouillion, and company should just sit back in our zone if there is no one to block Raycroft. Hopefully Begin, Ward, and Ryder will be used near the net in this game, and maybe Zed, because they seem to be the only guys good enough to find the puck in traffic. The rest of our team is full of finesse playmakers and snipers (Kovy). Ward was the perennial rebound guy for the Bulldogs last year, Ryder is gritty, and Begin is tough...they need to be utilized more this game near the net, plain and simple.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm regretting playing the Bruins.

I think the Habs would have had more of a chance against the Leafs...

:nono:

What's sad is that the best Boston player is unhealthy. I'd hate to think how much harder this would be if he was at full strength.

[Edited on 2004/4/11 by Ribeiro]