Preds moving North?

kenadian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have sense of history anymore. Instead its new new new, capital, capital, capital. Its disgusting. Because they always replace cool buildings with flashy generic buildings. They're all the same now its sad and depressing.

Buffalo Memorial is another lost icon.

That's what happens to businesses in a capitalist society. I may not agree with it, but it's better than a communist state like China or the Soviet Union of old.

That's what happens to businesses in a capitalist society. I may not agree with it, but it's better than a communist state like China or the Soviet Union of old.

says you heheehe . . .

Well New Jersey is moving to Trenton the capital and a bedroom community of Phili.

Uh, no they are not. The new arena is in Newark. From Newark one can clearly view the Manhattan skyline. The Devils have nothing to do with Philadelphia.

I didn't like Soviet Union's view on old buildings. They tore down all the cool castles, buildings and etc to replace it with boring simplistic buildings.

Not too sure which buildings you are referring to, but if they did tear down castles then it was probably more to do with rejecting the old ideals of royalty, the aristocracy, and the Bourgeois.

All those new "ugly" buildings were probably government owned, and therefore, in theory at least, by the people too.

Also, it should be remembered that Communists generally reject formalism in preference for utilitarianism, and therefore architectural beauty is moot.

BTW, I'd love it is the Predators were moved to Canada ... although it would surprise me as it would signal that the NHL had given up on its ambitions to fully penetrate the US market.

Edited by Bacchus

The rumour that it would be moved to Canada is simply because the new owner is canadian.

MArio Lemieux is a canadian and never talked about bringing the Pens to Winnipeg.

There was rumor for Kansas City and Cleveland wich i believe more.

The Golden Horseshoe region can definitely support an NHL franchise - heck it probably do a better job of it than 3/4 of the one's in the U.S. can, but I have to admit that I highly doubt that they will be coming our way? Hockey sense is nowhere to be found anywhere near the area of the NHL corporate offices.....

The Golden Horseshoe region can definitely support an NHL franchise - heck it probably do a better job of it than 3/4 of the one's in the U.S. can, but I have to admit that I highly doubt that they will be coming our way? Hockey sense is nowhere to be found anywhere near the area of the NHL corporate offices.....

which is what is wrong with the NHL under Bettman

which is what is wrong with the NHL under Bettman

It has been moving further and further in that direction since Clarence Campbell left office - love him or hate him, he understood the game!

• 3 weeks later...