S. Kostitsyn signs

Tony

My bad. Sorry mods, I looked in the Habs talk and prospect talk...didn't think to check the NHL forum first.

Edited by Talon

<huge sigh of relief>

I was getting worried there... This is great news.

Keep 'em coming Bob!

My bad. Sorry mods, I looked in the Habs talk and prospect talk...didn't think to check the NHL forum first.

don't feel bad, lad. you were in the right place !!

great news, altough rather expected.

Gainey signed London Knights' star Sergei Kostitsyn to an entry-level 3-year deal. Kostitsyn scored 40 goals and 91 assists in 59 regular season games for London this season, third in league scoring. He was drafted in the 7th round in 2005, so he could have re-entered the draft if he hadn't signed a contract by June 1.

The Canadiens forward depth just got a little deeper, and he more than fills the spot left by Alexander Perezhogin's decision to sign with a RSL team for the up coming season. It will be interesting to see how he performs in training camp, if he can secure a roster spot like Latendresse did last fall. But I think he'll start the 07-08 season in Hamilton.

Lil' #### - Grabs - Big ####

Man I can't wait to see that line!! All those in favour of that for our 4th line next year say YAY!

Lil' #### - Grabs - Big ####

Man I can't wait to see that line!! All those in favour of that for our 4th line next year say YAY!

YAY!

And I want to see that particular line posted as much as possible. LMFOA

Very good news.

"####" is a stupid nickname, he should be called something else. Once Samsonov is gone he can be "Serge"

I agree. I would also not like to see the Kostitsyn(OK I can't spell it either, transliteration is a bitch) bros on the 4th line or Latendresse either for that matter

But my first reaction: Thank you Bob.

Very good news.

"####" is a stupid nickname, he should be called something else. Once Samsonov is gone he can be "Serge"

Serge is a boring nickname ... Lil' #### brings a smile to my face.

Good signing. The future does look bright!

Serge is a boring nickname ... Lil' #### brings a smile to my face.

Good signing. The future does look bright!

I'm sure it wouldn't bring a smile to his face.

Billy is what his teammates in London called him. Thanks to Corey Perry's dad ( and just before you ask he did not tell me why he calls him Billy)

Don Lever must be the happiest guy in the AHL. He's going to the Calder Cup final this year and next year he gets to add the younger Kostitsyn, Carle and (I presume) Miklus to his team. Add Price and that's four major rookie additions to what's already a winning team. And that's assuming neither of the Russians comes over.

Very good news.

I agree as well, the nickname that i have been calling him (his bro actually, but same last name) is Stits. I prenounce it "Steets", but some people pronounce it the other way as well...whatever floats your boat.

Will Sergei be able to make the big team or Hamilton?

In my mind Sergei will do a year in hamilton then join the big club.

What is great with Sergei is that he's already adapted to the north american hockey, speaks english, isnt afraid of the physical aspect, decent passer.

I truely believe he has the chance to become a good NHL player, he might not repeat his impressive stats in the profesionnal leagues however i think he'll always have a presence and more importantly he has been in a winner team which should boost his confidence.

I would love to see him get a few call ups if Grabovsky and A Kost are both up all year, might as well see what then three of them can do together. Would be nice to get a sneak peak at traning camp.