Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

The Atlanta Thrashers have signed forward Eric Perrin to a two year deal worth $1.5 million.

Wow ! $1.5 million for Perrin !?!?! Talk about an average player... is that what an average player gets on day 1 of the UFA market opening ?

The way GMs are handing money out you would think that the lock out season was 40 years ago. Nobody learned anything. When the cap starts going back down, teams that signed players like Brière to long term very rich contracts will be in deep doodoo. I can't believe the direction the market is taking.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oilers have moved their captain, defenceman Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul for defenceman Joni Pitkanen, forward Geoff Sanderson and a third-round draft pick in 2009.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212468&hubname=

Done deal.

Time will tell how this one works out - if Pitkanen becomes the franchise defender he was slated to be, it's a steal for Edmonton...short term though this guarantees the Flyers will be in the playoffs next year.

Damn, Blake to the Leafs? That's not a bad pickup at alllll. Eastern teams seem to be doing pretty well so far, unfortunately.

Ah I double posted....

The Rangers and (to a more serious extent) the flyers are already completely different teams. The habs will make some moves though no doubt. It's still early. :unsure:

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

HOLZY ######

WOWOW THE RANGERS WOW.

How will the Rangers sign Jagr now? He will be a UFA next year or the option for 8.36 millon.

Edited by JMMR

Ah I double posted....

The Rangers and (to a more serious extent) the flyers are already completely different teams. The habs will make some moves though no doubt. It's still early. :unsure:

:P its aiight ;) now just need the habs to finally put someones name down on our roaster

Tabarnaque, every team is getting better by the minute excepted our Habs, and the poor Sabres.

Bob NEED to make a move or else were finished.

The habs will make some moves though no doubt. It's still early. :unsure:

Yep, Watch us get Enrico Ciccone out of retirement as well as Gino Odjick and to top it all, JIM CAMPBELL. Then we get top Dman David Wilkie as well and we are set for a great year. I seriously hope we start looking on the Dmen still out there and hope for our Kostitsyns and Latendresses to take HUGE steps forward this season or we can hope for a nice early draftpick. No centers out there that look intresting anymore.

Yep, Watch us get Enrico Ciccone out of retirement as well as Gino Odjick and to top it all, JIM CAMPBELL. Then we get top Dman David Wilkie as well and we are set for a great year. I seriously hope we start looking on the Dmen still out there and hope for our Kostitsyns and Latendresses to take HUGE steps forward this season or we can hope for a nice early draftpick. No centers out there that look intresting anymore.

Nylander - Lang

theres still a few but i cant remember all of them oh yea Kozlov

7.357 per year for Gomez.

*** thats a ton of money

Who's left on the market now.. Karyia, Smith ,Forsberg who else?

*** thats a ton of money

Who's left on the market now.. Karyia, Smith ,Forsberg who else?

Think defense and its Smyth.

Hannan Souray Markov Sutton

7 million for Drury 5 year deal.

Nylander, Lang, Yashin and Forsberg... Forsberg will retire if this latest footoperation failes, Yashin would get crushed and eaten alive by montreal media, lang... no thanks, nylander? nah, to old. Id rather stick with what we have more than have any of those guys.

Where do the rags get all their money from? Guess Marcel Hossa will be their 1st line winger this season.

Well Jagr has an option next year at 8.56 million.

I would assume Shanny will not be back.

Could this mean no more cap space for Shanny?

Well Jagr has an option next year at 8.56 million.

I would assume Shanny will not be back.

Half of Jagr salary is still paid by Washington.

Exactly.

Yeah half for this season but not for next.

Are you sure?

I thought when Washington agreed to trade him to the Rangers, they were on the hook for half of his contracts, options and bonuses too.