Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

The Calgary Flames have signed veteran forward Owen Nolan. Sources tell TSN the 35-year-old has agreed to a one-year contract that could pay him up to $2 million including bonuses.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leave for half an hour (the wife wanted some...30 mins isn't bad) and a crap load of signings happen. Zubrus, Bertuzzi, Nolan, Smolinski, Yashin, Calder....cripes.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

I leave for half an hour (the wife wanted some...30 mins isn't bad) and a crap load of signings happen. Zubrus, Bertuzzi, Nolan, Smolinski, Yashin, Calder....cripes.

Thank you for the detail.

Yashin may now not be a Flyer

and the Zubrus signing was a rumour as well.

Good. I am still holding out hope for either one. Would prefer Guerin though :wacko:

Good. I am still holding out hope for either one. Would prefer Guerin though :wacko:

Apparently Dreger says the Canucks are in deep talks with the agent of Guerin. It probably won't happen though. :(

I'll also add that it looks like Regehr has re-signed with the Flames. 5 years for a total amount of 20 mill.

from Eklund:

10:26 Rangers swoop in and apparently have signed Souray according to three sources (e4)...Strongest Souray Rumour of the Day...and the favorite for Souray most of yesterday...Does this mean Shanny is gone? (buffalo or Montreal would be teams that would love Shanny)

from Eklund:

10:26 Rangers swoop in and apparently have signed Souray according to three sources (e4)...Strongest Souray Rumour of the Day...and the favorite for Souray most of yesterday...Does this mean Shanny is gone? (buffalo or Montreal would be teams that would love Shanny)

Stupid Rangers.

Wow, missed a lot today. Kinda sucks to work right around the start of UFA season, I can't sit around the house and follow it anymore. :(

So to recap what I missed...

Tom Preissing - Los Angeles

Michael Nylander - Washington

Robert Lang - Chicago

Michael Handzus - Los Angeles

Ladislav Nagy - Los Angeles

Radek Bonk - Nashville

Greg DeVries - Nashville

Ken Klee - Atlanta

Todd Bertuzzi - Anaheim

Kyle Calder - Los Angeles

Danius Zubrus - Toronto

Owen Nolan - Calgary

Alexei Yashin - Philadelphia

Roman Hamrlik - Montreal

Bryan Smolinski - Montreal

Am I missing anything, guys?

Smyth and Sakic.. I love it. If I remember they played few games on the same line during the olympics or WC. Smyth is a great finisher and Sakic has awesome hockey sense. Good luck Joe for 2000 points.. you can do it!

lol I just got what jetsnipers avatar means. niiice!

I've still got to wait for the 12th to change mine.

Sucker! :D

Whats July 12th?

Still a little dissapointed here. I wanted to see Drury and Handzus sign in Colorado (however I went with Drury only because I didn't think Smyth was possible. Guess I was wrong there.)

I'd also like to thank Joe Sakic for bringing Ryan Smyth to the Rockies. I tried to change my avatar to the first picture on the Avs site, Giggy presented Hannan and Smyth to the media today in their jerseys.

I'll also be ordering a Ryan Smyth jersey in the next couple weeks, hope to have it by mid-August.

RYAN SMYTH!

Whats July 12th?

Still a little dissapointed here. I wanted to see Drury and Handzus sign in Colorado (however I went with Drury only because I didn't think Smyth was possible. Guess I was wrong there.)

I'd also like to thank Joe Sakic for bringing Ryan Smyth to the Rockies. I tried to change my avatar to the first picture on the Avs site, Giggy presented Hannan and Smyth to the media today in their jerseys.

I'll also be ordering a Ryan Smyth jersey in the next couple weeks, hope to have it by mid-August.

RYAN SMYTH!

im guessing you have a lot of money for all these jerseys, i love the habs but i still dont own a jersey :( to much money to take a chance on some players. but there will be someone i will take soon enough :D

kostitsyn Jr. i have a feeling ill get his jersey even if koivu is my fav player

im guessing you have a lot of money for all these jerseys, i love the habs but i still dont own a jersey :( to much money to take a chance on some players. but there will be someone i will take soon enough :D

kostitsyn Jr. i have a feeling ill get his jersey even if koivu is my fav player

You mean from that other jersey thread? A lot of those are christmas and birthday presents, I haven't worn anything other then a jersey for about 6 years now. Well aside from my work uniform. :lol:

You mean from that other jersey thread? A lot of those are christmas and birthday presents, I haven't worn anything other then a jersey for about 6 years now. Well aside from my work uniform. :lol:

Lol thats insane, u are truly a nut :P

Wow, missed a lot today. Kinda sucks to work right around the start of UFA season, I can't sit around the house and follow it anymore. :(

So to recap what I missed...

Tom Preissing - Los Angeles

Michael Nylander - Washington

Robert Lang - Chicago

Michael Handzus - Los Angeles

Ladislav Nagy - Los Angeles

Radek Bonk - Nashville

Greg DeVries - Nashville

Ken Klee - Atlanta

Todd Bertuzzi - Anaheim

Kyle Calder - Los Angeles

Danius Zubrus - Toronto

Owen Nolan - Calgary

Alexei Yashin - Philadelphia

Roman Hamrlik - Montreal

Bryan Smolinski - Montreal

Am I missing anything, guys?

Yashin and Zubrus didn't sign. They were false rumours...at least for now.

Memo to NHL GM's:

please, start signing some goalies (e.g. Mr. Garon Mathieu, Jan 09-1978, Chandler, Que.).

Merci d'avance,

mathieu30

Go :hlogo: go!

Hamilton Bulldogs - 2007 Calder Cup Champions